PDA

View Full Version : Who here is a pilot?

EJ25RUN
12-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Passed my private pilot check ride a few weeks ago and completed it under FAA Part 142. :D

Wanted to know opinions on what to do next. (Besides the instrument rating i'm doing that now.)
I was wondering if i should get my commercial through a single engine route first or start the multi engine way with a single engine add on later.
My current plan is to get my commercial single and then get my CFI. While working as a CFI, I was gonna get my multi add on.

What do you think is the best option?

I attend Embry Riddle Daytona Beach btw.

lanning
12-10-2010, 05:50 PM
My dad and grandfather used to fly and were members of the EAA so I flew with a few times. Visited Embry Riddle once in like 06 it was pretty cool but my friend that went there is a doucher.

Ziptied
12-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Definitely go single engine first, then CFI, your plan seems solid and the most logical.

JJSPEC Racing
12-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Definitely go single engine first, then CFI, your plan seems solid and the most logical.

As a CFI you can rack up some hours so that sounds like a great plan. I would check to see if there was a professional pilot on the staff that I could get some good advice from too. Good luck! Wish I could have gone past my private pilot level.

quickdodgeŽ
12-10-2010, 08:26 PM
CD's would be your best bet, Run. Later, QD.

EJ25RUN
12-11-2010, 09:40 AM
As a CFI you can rack up some hours so that sounds like a great plan. I would check to see if there was a professional pilot on the staff that I could get some good advice from too. Good luck! Wish I could have gone past my private pilot level.

I think so too as PIC hours and cross countries under single engine still count toward an ATP so this seems like a logical choice.

Thanks for the input guys. The industry is currently having its first hiring boom in about 4 years so i want to be ready for the next boom.

NewGen33
12-11-2010, 10:04 AM
You were the one that went down to Middle Ga for it correct? Congratulations on your achievement.

EJ25RUN
12-11-2010, 10:22 AM
You were the one that went down to Middle Ga for it correct? Congratulations on your achievement.

Nope not me. That was someone else but i cant remember their name on here.

Echonova
12-11-2010, 12:28 PM
CD's would be your best bet, Run. Later, QD.Agreed, you can really take it to the next level after you get your CD's certificate.