PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods *TURBO K*

camal
12-08-2010, 07:29 PM
ANYONE TUNES OR KNOW A PLACE WHERE I CAN GET THE BEST TUNNING FOR MY K? LET ME KNOW. I DONT STAY IN GEORGIA, WANT TO GET IT TUNED OUT OF STATE BC I DONT TRUST PEOPLE WHERE IM FROM. HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. THANKS

jakku
12-08-2010, 07:56 PM
you dont trust anyone in you whole state? what state are you in?

94ej2
12-08-2010, 08:01 PM
tdcperformance.net if your in alabama

camal
12-08-2010, 08:08 PM
you dont trust anyone in you whole state? what state are you in?

SC, NC area. And no, I dont. Im tring to get away but not as far as FL or way out of my way. Ppl everywhere is Fishy but if I got it tunned out of town, they gonna have to find it to steal it. Feel me? And honestly I dont think anyone round here can handle the numbers I should be puttin down. So that help would be dope.

jakku
12-08-2010, 09:30 PM
and you dont wanna get it done in GA either?

camal
12-08-2010, 10:53 PM
and you dont wanna get it done in GA either?

Naw, i want too. Thats the reason why i posted here.

jakku
12-08-2010, 11:35 PM
scotty at mainstream theres a sticky in this section as well you can look at a few more. but mainstream will do you no wrong bro.

link: http://www.mainstreamperformance.com/

link to the sticky of other great tuners in ATL area: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?289374-Honda-turbo-tuning-Shops-In-Atlanta-Area!

hope this helps

Da_unknown
12-08-2010, 11:41 PM
^^ like he said does great work

camal
12-09-2010, 12:34 AM
scotty at mainstream theres a sticky in this section as well you can look at a few more. but mainstream will do you no wrong bro.

link to the sticky of other great tuners in ATL area: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?289374-Honda-turbo-tuning-Shops-In-Atlanta-Area!

hope this helps

Ill contact them man. Thanks homie

Axix23
12-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Ed @ Balanced Performance is awesome with turbo k-series....
www.balancedperformance.com

Berta
12-10-2010, 06:00 AM
Ed @ Balanced Performance is awesome with turbo k-series....
www.balancedperformance.com

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000......................... ........................ he is the only person that tunes for me!

camal
12-10-2010, 02:17 PM
+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000......................... ........................ he is the only person that tunes for me!

What kinda car do you drive? and what kind of numbers you puttin down?...if you dont mind me asking

dopeEP3
12-10-2010, 11:40 PM

hope this helps

x100 scotty at mainstream best bet

camal
12-11-2010, 01:59 AM
x100 scotty at mainstream best bet

Im leaning towards them man. Thanks

Berta
12-11-2010, 11:43 AM
What kinda car do you drive? and what kind of numbers you puttin down?...if you dont mind me asking

400whp sohc hatch, 640whp and 400 whp dc integra, 74 Plymouth barracuda with Fast XFI efi 400whp (about to be supercharged). He will have a answer for any question that you'll have and if he dont, he will find the right answer out for you... He has tuned some really high horsepower cars for teams and private owners.. I know he can setup and tune Motec , Haltec, Hondata, AEM, etc.................................. Let me klnow if i can provide any other info!

Axix23
12-11-2010, 02:34 PM
yeah, right now he has a waiting period of at least 2 months.. I believe next open tune session is Feb... I am planning to go in for either race gas tune or e85.. So go ahead and call him now..

josh green
12-11-2010, 03:57 PM
2 month waiting period, I dont think anyone is worth that. I'm sure your setup is nothing off the wall crazy, scotty can hook it up.

Berta
12-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Might want to call Jason @ Balance to see what kind of schedule Ed has. Ed is always traveling for appts as well. You can email Ed, because he might be in your area and tune your car at a shop near you... Save some gas $$$'s. I know he was in the Charlette area not too long ago..

Berta
12-11-2010, 08:18 PM
pm'd

camal
12-12-2010, 02:25 AM
2 month waiting period, I dont think anyone is worth that. I'm sure your setup is nothing off the wall crazy, scotty can hook it up.

It took me 5yrs of building and part buying. Its pretty "off the wall". Not trying to be a dick bro.

camal
12-12-2010, 02:26 AM
pm'd

pm'd replied to.

Jdm94Coupe
12-12-2010, 01:57 PM
It took me 5yrs of building and part buying. Its pretty "off the wall". Not trying to be a dick bro.

You mean to tell me you took 5 years if building and part buying and you never thought " Who is gonna be the one tuning my car"..... If its that off the wall you should've already had a tuner in mind. I would hate to waste 5 years of building only to go to a guy who a few people online tell you is good and destroy your "off the wall" motor. Not trying to be a dick either. But there is no reason to waste 2 months waiting on someone. Scotty and others have done 800+hp hondas so what makes yours so special?

EmminoDaGreat
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
By off the wall he meens, tons of 1 off parts, noone has anything like you and your trying to make 1200hp. If you need your car tuned we can, and will do it if you want us to. There are tons of other shops, do your research and pick whomever suits you best.

camal
12-12-2010, 02:46 PM
You mean to tell me you took 5 years if building and part buying and you never thought " Who is gonna be the one tuning my car"..... If its that off the wall you should've already had a tuner in mind. I would hate to waste 5 years of building only to go to a guy who a few people online tell you is good and destroy your "off the wall" motor. Not trying to be a dick either. But there is no reason to waste 2 months waiting on someone. Scotty and others have done 800+hp hondas so what makes yours so special?

I did have some ppl set up for the tune. But i honestly feel that i dont have to drive all the way to FL to get a great tune when im pretty sure someone can do it near me. You ask what makes mine so special, its mine lol. But seriously Im just trying to get a few names and talk to a few ppl to figure out if they can help me out with what i want. Thanks

camal
12-12-2010, 02:54 PM
By off the wall he meens, tons of 1 off parts, noone has anything like you and your trying to make 1200hp. If you need your car tuned we can, and will do it if you want us to. There are tons of other shops, do your research and pick whomever suits you best.

Yes sir, Im doin this research thing over again, just needed some help from you guys. Thanks

jcs
12-13-2010, 01:20 AM
jimmy at jjspec,great tuner did my b series and is a great guy...

camal
12-13-2010, 01:31 AM
jimmy at jjspec,great tuner did my b series and is a great guy...

Thanks. I could use all the help. Im lazy

josh green
12-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Just because they are closer to you, what about howard shoaff (sp?) from RLZ Engineering in Concord, NC? I know the shop car and another guy that works there have some fast cars ( honda's).

camal
12-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Just because they are closer to you, what about howard shoaff (sp?) from RLZ Engineering in Concord, NC? I know the shop car and another guy that works there have some fast cars ( honda's).

Ill look em up. Thanks homie.

dirk-diggler
01-08-2011, 08:22 PM
scotty is good but ed is better . i would wait on a good tuner any day . just saying

nycclaye
01-09-2011, 06:58 PM
I own a turbo'd Civic. Here's the car...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/nycclaye/CS3%20Images/100_0529And12morecopy.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/nycclaye/CS3%20Images/DSC06845.jpg

The Tuners have been the best in the country.

Scott Seigel of TopSpeed Atlanta
Sharif of Forged Performance Atlanta

nycclaye
01-09-2011, 07:52 PM
if u need any help, let me know...

justnprsh07
01-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Jimmy at jjspec does mine and helps out a lot he's not one of these guys that will basically kick you off the dyno and tell you to go home and fix it like I have been done at mainstream and especially balance he is a great and helping guy although scotty is a great tunner to and does a lot of my friends cars just make sure you have all the bs worked out before you go

-S Double C-
01-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Jimmy at jjspec does mine and helps out a lot he's not one of these guys that will basically kick you off the dyno and tell you to go home and fix it like I have been done at mainstream and especially balance he is a great and helping guy although scotty is a great tunner to and does a lot of my friends cars just make sure you have all the bs worked out before you go

x10 on that been kicked off at mainstream a few times, buddies ic piping blew off they took it off the dyno to fix it then asked was he gonna finish tuning it and he said nah i was pretty much threw with it. WTF!!! lol glad it wasnt my car. Ed has tuned a few friends 800-900hp honda's and one of my stock boosted ls's. Jimmy at jjspec spec holds SEVERAL WORLD RECORDS and fastest et for a honda from ga along with 450hp/400trq d16 with pistons,rods and headstuds only! Stock sleeves and head!

nycclaye
01-10-2011, 09:13 PM
where is is JJSPEC? Anyone got a link? Like I've said, I use TopSpeed and Forged Performance, but if someone is better, or just as good, i'll try em. worse case, I'll just have my car trailered back to TopSpeed or Forged.

-S Double C-
01-10-2011, 09:18 PM
where is is JJSPEC? Anyone got a link? Like I've said, I use TopSpeed and Forged Performance, but if someone is better, or just as good, i'll try em. worse case, I'll just have my car trailered back to TopSpeed or Forged.

macon,ga jjspec.com not sure if the site is finish it was underconstruction there number is 478-621-5000 also has a hot secretary LOL!

camal
01-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Hey fellas, thanks for real guys.

camal
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
if u need any help, let me know...

Thanks btw. I'll take you up on that. Nice civic sir.

nycclaye
01-10-2011, 11:01 PM
ewwww.... "sir"? bro I'm 28 lol... thanks for the respect though. PM Me if you need some pointers. What kinda car is your K in and what are you tuning it with?

camal
01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
ewwww.... "sir"? bro I'm 28 lol... thanks for the respect though. PM Me if you need some pointers. What kinda car is your K in and what are you tuning it with?

Shit I'm only 23 haha. But um my K is in a old ass car lol. I'll pm it to you if you want to know.

Got Milk?
01-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I own a turbo'd Civic. Here's the car...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/nycclaye/CS3%20Images/100_0529And12morecopy.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/nycclaye/CS3%20Images/DSC06845.jpg

The Tuners have been the best in the country.

Scott Seigel of TopSpeed Atlanta
Sharif of Forged Performance Atlanta

x2 on scott and x1 on douge

justnprsh07
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I want to know what your uup to... is it street or drag 5 years worth of buying parts should be rediculous... I bought mine nov 1 2009 out of a junk yard and am basically done, ijust half to make it where they'll not kick me off the track

Z0_o6
01-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I can personally suggest The Showzone in Charleston, SC. Colin Miller tuned my 425 whp STOCK K20+E85 civic, and was super helpful in the process. I've taken several cars to him to be tuned and never been let down. If you'd like any more info, feel free to PM me or visit www.theshowzone.com

camal
01-11-2011, 01:48 PM
I can personally suggest The Showzone in Charleston, SC. Colin Miller tuned my 425 whp STOCK K20+E85 civic, and was super helpful in the process. I've taken several cars to him to be tuned and never been let down. If you'd like any more info, feel free to PM me or visit www.theshowzone.com

Yea i heard of them. Someone i know has their car there now, and has had it for MONTHS!

camal
01-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I want to know what your uup to... is it street or drag 5 years worth of buying parts should be rediculous... I bought mine nov 1 2009 out of a junk yard and am basically done, ijust half to make it where they'll not kick me off the track
lol its a drag setup, that i plan on driving on the street. No one piece front end or none of that. Roll cage, full interior, subs, and a parachute. I was pretty young when i purchased the car that the motor came out of. The yrs spent getting parts was to make sure i get the numbers i want and to keep it as street drivable as possible. Not going to rush it, want it done right the first time. I got another bucket to drive lol.

Z0_o6
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Yea i heard of them. Someone i know has their car there now, and has had it for MONTHS!

generally the only reason a car stays there for long periods is waiting on a customer to buy parts, or something like that. Which car is it if you don't mind me asking?

camal
01-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Celica

JDMJ
01-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Scotty is the best your gonna get..Tuned 2 of my previous cars and couldnt ask for better!

chaseamundo
01-13-2011, 11:17 AM
balanced performance

justnprsh07
01-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Basically many people can "tune" the car but find someone that can get in there and dig the power out of it my setup I took and got a tune just to break it in and without messing with fuel pressure or timing at all jimmy got 520whp on pump gas and wastegate, he's also willing to go to the track and help me setup suspension and do some logging to make sure its right that is worth more than just a tune to me plus the fact that he's willing to help you solve problems not just say bring it to the shop so we can charge you out the ass just to look at it and let it sit for months

justnprsh07
01-13-2011, 11:23 AM
balanced performance

I got a few sets of injectors and h22 parts what you need

Axix23
01-20-2011, 08:27 PM

He is def. worth the wait.. Good things come to those who wait..

josh green
01-21-2011, 10:23 PM
He is def. worth the wait.. Good things come to those who wait..

lol not hardly, there isnt a tuner in Ga worth waiting on period.

SPOOLIN
01-22-2011, 03:59 PM
The only tuners in this country to tune a honda and are worth waiting on if you wanted to wait, are more than 1000 miles in any direction...and they also will do track prep for you if you pay for it. Some guys like to give away their services and help you fix stuff for free to get it out of there...and some can't afford to sit there and help you fix your car for free that you should have had ready for the dyno. If i didn't know how to do ANY tuning, and Scotty couldn't get my car done before a race, then i would have to go to Ed...Thats if i didn't have other data to rely on and tune on. I would rather tow my car to RLZ or TDC in this region to get tuned if my regulars couldn't help me out.

camal
01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
lol not hardly, there isnt a tuner in Ga worth waiting on period.

Damn bro lol, really?

josh green
01-24-2011, 07:42 PM
If my car is 100% DONE and ready to tune... I'm not waiting weeks/months at a time for someone here. Ill spend a little more cash and tow it to someone I feel is reputable.

h22 jones
01-24-2011, 10:25 PM
i have had great luck with scottie and seen him do great work . Hell look at how many cars won at import show down that was tunned by him . Im also with spoolin if scootie couldnt get to it then it would be ed he knows his shit. Although unless you know ed personaly your not going to like him lol he has just tunned so many cars that your not going to get the wow out of him that you want but you can be assured its done right he is as good as it gets. i like scootie becuase i have personaly seen people show up with shit that shouldnt be on the roads more or less getting tunned and he has worked or lol we worked (i was there so i helped him out with this bucket of shit lol) as hard getting all the wiring strait were any other tunner would have told them to bring it back. I dont know scootie just seems to realy care about what he does and helping people out its not just buisness with him and that means alot to me. if you ask him a question you might not understand his answer but after he gets through talking you will know he knows his shit lol.

japan4racing
01-25-2011, 02:43 AM
Scotty tuned one of my cars and Ed has tuned many of my friends cars.....Im out of the honda game but if anyone asks for a great tuner in Georgia Im sending them to Scotty or Ed.

camal
01-25-2011, 01:12 PM
i have had great luck with scottie and seen him do great work . Hell look at how many cars won at import show down that was tunned by him . Im also with spoolin if scootie couldnt get to it then it would be ed he knows his shit. Although unless you know ed personaly your not going to like him lol he has just tunned so many cars that your not going to get the wow out of him that you want but you can be assured its done right he is as good as it gets. i like scootie becuase i have personaly seen people show up with shit that shouldnt be on the roads more or less getting tunned and he has worked or lol we worked (i was there so i helped him out with this bucket of shit lol) as hard getting all the wiring strait were any other tunner would have told them to bring it back. I dont know scootie just seems to realy care about what he does and helping people out its not just buisness with him and that means alot to me. if you ask him a question you might not understand his answer but after he gets through talking you will know he knows his shit lol.

That's what I like to hear. I have had a good bit of people giving me tuners names. Whats the name of the place where Scotty works? Is he like one of those people that I will never get to talk to over the phone or face to face till he sees my car or gets some money first? Cause i have questions, lots of them. Thanks fellas, I appreciate it.

Dirty.Bird
01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Scotty works at mainstream if I'm not mistaken !

camal
01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Okay cool. That's what I thought. Didn't wont to go back and read.