PDA

View Full Version : Sports Auburn 13-0

Sinfix_15
12-05-2010, 05:49 AM
Critics have been writing Auburn off all year.... BCS haters were praying for Boise State and TCU....

Well it didnt happen. SEC about to crown another NCAA champion. Looking back on the recent years of SEC dominance, i wonder if they feel silly for leaving Auburn out last time? If a team from the best conference in football goes undefeated, automatic title bid, whether its Auburn, Florida or even Vandy.

BanginJimmy
12-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Well it didnt happen. SEC about to crown another NCAA champion.

NCAA has never crowned a champion in Div 1A football.

Looking back on the recent years of SEC dominance, i wonder if they feel silly for leaving Auburn out last time? If a team from the best conference in football goes undefeated, automatic title bid, whether its Auburn, Florida or even Vandy.

Thats how it works. You go undefeated, and 90% of the time you get a chance to play for the NC. That SEC dominance you talk about really is a myth though outside of the NCG.

I know 1 things about the NCG and it is not who will win. I will be betting the over with everything I have. Neither team plays much defense at all and both have dynamic offenses.

Sinfix_15
12-05-2010, 10:52 AM
NCAA has never crowned a champion in Div 1A football.

Thats how it works. You go undefeated, and 90% of the time you get a chance to play for the NC. That SEC dominance you talk about really is a myth though outside of the NCG.

I know 1 things about the NCG and it is not who will win. I will be betting the over with everything I have. Neither team plays much defense at all and both have dynamic offenses.

Those dynamic offenses out west tend to slow down with they play a team from the south. remember this dynamic offense????
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/R34lk7pyQTI/AAAAAAAAEhg/LEDaLTeOnQA/s400/SamBradford.jpg

BanginJimmy
12-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Those dynamic offenses out west tend to slow down with they play a team from the south. remember this dynamic offense????
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/R34lk7pyQTI/AAAAAAAAEhg/LEDaLTeOnQA/s400/SamBradford.jpg

I also remember Oregon walking up and down the field against Tenn this year.

I remember Utah not having problems with beating up Bama that year either.
I remember last year when Texas had the ball late in the 4th quarter with a chance to take the lead with their #2 QB playing more than 3/4 of the game.

You also have to remember that Auburn's defense sucks. Florida's did not when they played OU.

Sinfix_15
12-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I also remember Oregon walking up and down the field against Tenn this year.

I remember Utah not having problems with beating up Bama that year either.
I remember last year when Texas had the ball late in the 4th quarter with a chance to take the lead with their #2 QB playing more than 3/4 of the game.

You also have to remember that Auburn's defense sucks. Florida's did not when they played OU.

I just dont see a scat back like James running a muck vs Auburn. Auburn's secondary is bad, but they can stop the run. Let's see how well Oregon passes when it gets to a point to where you know they have pass every single down. I dont doubt Oregon is gonna put up a point or 2, but i dont think this will be the shoot out people are expecting. Auburn will win with room to spare.

BanginJimmy
12-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I just dont see a scat back like James running a muck vs Auburn. Auburn's secondary is bad, but they can stop the run. Let's see how well Oregon passes when it gets to a point to where you know they have pass every single down. I dont doubt Oregon is gonna put up a point or 2, but i dont think this will be the shoot out people are expecting. Auburn will win with room to spare.

Darron Thomas can throw and dont expect him to spend much time in the pocket. I expect him to roll towards Fairly quite often and by the time the 4th quarter comes around Fairly wont be a factor. We have seen over the course of the season that Fairly's conditioning is suspect and a 5 week layoff and Oregon's pace will have him sucking wind in the first quarter.

I also expect Oregon to use james as a scat back and move him all over the field. He is an excellent receiver and will create a massive mismatch for any LB or safety that tries to cover him. Any running Oregon does between the tackles will likely be done by Barner. He is a little bigger and a lot stronger.

Ziptied
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I think a new fucking thread everytime Auburn wins is stupid and pointless, all the wins will be revoked when all is outed.

williz6588
12-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Gotta love the opinion of the negative. Go start a South Carolina thread since you love Auburn so much.

05IONREDLINE
12-31-2010, 04:33 PM
GO DUCKS!!!!!!

alpine_aw11
01-05-2011, 12:28 AM
The only real advantage I see Auburn having is size. Oregon wins in the speed department, but sometimes getting smacked around by a bunch of big ass SEC players neutralizes speed. And yea dude you can't compare Florida's title winning defense to Auburns now, it's not even close. That Florida team would have taken care of Auburn this year, no doubt in my mind. If Oregon can pass a little more than usual they could put up 28+ on Auburn no problem. Auburn will score though, Oregon's D is just too small to stop Newton. I can't really call this one.