PDA

View Full Version : Gude Head Package for F22B

bc2003uga
04-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Any of you guys have or know anyone with the head package that Gude Performance offers for the SOHC VTEC F22B in the 94-95 accords? I am very seriously thinking about buying one next month. I am also picking up a VAFCII for tuning purposes from a buddy for $150. The head package comes with a ported and polished head, intake manifold and throttle body. Also comes with all new valvetrain (stock springs and retainers), mild street cam (basically the hottest application available without having to upgrade to aftermarket springs), and also a custom chipped ECU. All this from a reliable, reputable company for $1450. I called them the other day for pricing and details and the guy told me I could expect between 45-65hp from this package. I'm expecting to be around 220hp at the crank with this package, header, full exhaust, and VAFCII tuning capabilities. Just want your opinions on this upgrade. have you heard anything good/bad? Similar upgrades on your own cars? if so, is the difference noticeable?

I'm not looking for anything sooper fast. I'm simply wanting a little more power outta this motor. I was thinking of doing a swap a while back, but decided against it because this motor is basically brand new (60K miles). It wouldn't amke any sense to swap when I got at least another 140K on this motor. Thanks for the input!

brads94accord
04-08-2005, 12:16 AM
the gude head package is the biggest waste of money! do a little research and you will come to the same conclusion..i bet you get 20-25 whp at the most.

civic95
04-12-2005, 07:57 AM
I wouldn't say it's junk, but their HP claims have proven to be double what people actually get. I think for the money, and time spent you'd get more out of a supercharger, or turbo.

Trey
05-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Bill Gude is a known scammer. save your money......

honda5301
05-10-2005, 01:40 AM
For that price you can go on osakajdmmotors.com and pick up a h22a with a auto tranny. Actually its only 1400:) Or get a h22a long block for 1200. You be better sending off your f22b1 head to www.jdenginedynamics.com get there stage 1 or 2 head job its like 6-700 bucks. Then order a camshaft regrind from www.webcamcamshafts.com. Sure your not going to gain a lot of power, but youll be a tad be faster than before.