PDA

View Full Version : Sports Auburn 12-0

williz6588
11-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Now lets here the Bama fans cry! Amazing 24-0 comeback. This game will go down in history

ash7
11-27-2010, 12:57 AM
This game will go down in history

So will their season after the NCAA has their say in the Cam Newton ordeal.

-jonathan

Sinfix_15
11-27-2010, 03:05 AM

-jonathan

Ash7 stole my last thanksgiving cupcake! Now that you have been accused, there's an Ash7 ordeal. Someone ban this man!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, it doesnt appear likely that any solid evidence will be produced from this story. Regardless of what seems probable, in america youre innocent until proven guilty and it doesnt appear anyone will be able to prove anything. The story revolves around one man saying what another man said.

Side note.... Cody Burns might could play well enough to finish the season. The hardest games are behind Auburn now. Before you laugh...... the same thing is happening over @ Oregon, that wasnt their starting QB either.

williz6588
11-27-2010, 08:14 AM

-jonathan

If the NCAA recommended Auburn not play Newton, we would have all heard about it. I agree with Sinfix lol. No hard evidence. If something does come out of this, Auburn still went to Tuscaloosa and shut them down in the second half for the win. LOL Boise St

Ziptied
11-28-2010, 07:36 PM

-jonathan

This.

/Thread.

Plus, next week it will be 12-1.

BanginJimmy
11-28-2010, 09:31 PM
If the NCAA recommended Auburn not play Newton, we would have all heard about it. I agree with Sinfix lol. No hard evidence. If something does come out of this, Auburn still went to Tuscaloosa and shut them down in the second half for the win. LOL Boise St

There has been plenty of evidence that has come out, Cecil admitted to someone that he was asking for money. Even though he says Cam didnt know about it it doesnt matter. Cecil was actively working on Cam behalf.

http://www.wsbtv.com/sports/25778803/detail.html

williz6588
11-28-2010, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=BanginJimmy;39158918]There has been plenty of evidence that has come out, Cecil admitted to someone that he was asking for money. Even though he says Cam didnt know about it it doesnt matter. Cecil was actively working on Cam behalf.

Nobody has proven that Cecil was working on Cam's behalf, or that money has changed hands. If money did change hands, wouldn't Cam be playing for Mississippi State? If Auburn wasn't doing so well this season, it would all be out the window. Whatever happens happens, but until it does WAR EAGLE!

BanginJimmy
11-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Nobody has proven that Cecil was working on Cam's behalf, or that money has changed hands. If money did change hands, wouldn't Cam be playing for Mississippi State? If Auburn wasn't doing so well this season, it would all be out the window. Whatever happens happens, but until it does WAR EAGLE!

I realize you dont want to deal with the reality of it, but Cecil was working on Cam's behalf. It doesnt matter if no money changed hands. The fact that Cecil solicited the money to start with made Cam ineligible. If Auburn wasnt winning, Cam would already be riding the pine, but the NCAA is going to drag their feet until after the NCG unless something comes out that forces their hand.

Sinfix_15
11-29-2010, 06:46 AM
This will surely go down as one of the most bitter losses for Alabama in this rivalry. Miracle come back, KOing the QB on the final drive... new stadium, at home.... has the whole recipe for a beatdown dish that Alabama fans will be tasting for years to come.

williz6588
11-29-2010, 06:47 AM
I realize you dont want to deal with the reality of it, but Cecil was working on Cam's behalf. It doesnt matter if no money changed hands. The fact that Cecil solicited the money to start with made Cam ineligible. If Auburn wasnt winning, Cam would already be riding the pine, but the NCAA is going to drag their feet until after the NCG unless something comes out that forces their hand.

I understand the reality of the situation and know the possibilities of the outcome. I realize that you feel like you know the answers to what the future holds. Like I said above " Whatever happens, happens." Until a conclusion is announced, there is nothing to talk about because all you can say is what you think will happen. If Cam is ineligible, why is he playing?

williz6588
11-29-2010, 06:50 AM
This will surely go down as one of the most bitter losses for Alabama in this rivalry. Miracle come back, KOing the QB on the final drive... new stadium, at home.... has the whole recipe for a beatdown dish that Alabama fans will be tasting for years to come.

Loving it

nreggie454
11-29-2010, 08:57 AM
I understand the reality of the situation and know the possibilities of the outcome. I realize that you feel like you know the answers to what the future holds. Like I said above " Whatever happens, happens." Until a conclusion is announced, there is nothing to talk about because all you can say is what you think will happen. If Cam is ineligible, why is he playing?
Supposedly, they are still gathering evidence so they cannot make a complete decision, but I know for a fact that the controversy surrounding him increases ratings for games and shows involving him. A quick decision and resolution brings the game back to a more boring level and loses viewers. They can make the decision after the bowls and then have that as a topic for debate during the offseason. I just think it isn't lucrative enough for the NCAA to make a quick decision.

My opinion is that even though Cecil is trying to take the heat for Cam, I find it very very questionable that Cecil could do all that soliciting behind Cam's back without him knowing.

BanginJimmy
11-29-2010, 04:35 PM
My opinion is that even though Cecil is trying to take the heat for Cam, I find it very very questionable that Cecil could do all that soliciting behind Cam's back without him knowing.

Even if Cam didnt know, he is ineligible. I find it hard to believe though considering his past.

williz6588
11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
ineligible and playing = eligible

chaseamundo
11-29-2010, 05:04 PM
ima a bama fan and im not crying....just sayin

last year was our year this years yours.....enjoy

BanginJimmy
11-29-2010, 05:10 PM
ineligible and playing = eligible

You obviously went to school in Georgia or Alabama if you believe that.

Ziptied
11-29-2010, 07:06 PM

ZING!

williz6588
11-29-2010, 10:25 PM

Nobody has declared ineligibility.

BanginJimmy
11-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Nobody has declared ineligibility.

This is true. I dont think anyone expected the NCAA to act before the season was over though unless their hand was forced like it was at North Carolina. If Marvin Austin wasnt a complete moron and tweeted about it, the NCAA would have ignored that problem until the season was over also.

adodd3
12-01-2010, 02:36 AM
Wow...................I can't believe the Auburn fans are still saying that was a come back.

The game I watched included Cam Newton having negative yardage & McElroy having a career high in the 1st half.

Then the 2nd half Alabama fell apart & it sure wasn't Auburn's fault. I don't recall Alabama ever making so many mistakes.

I will give Auburn that QB slam.............but that's the only impressive thing they done.

williz6588
12-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Wow...................I can't believe the Auburn fans are still saying that was a come back.

The game I watched included Cam Newton having negative yardage & McElroy having a career high in the 1st half.

Then the 2nd half Alabama fell apart & it sure wasn't Auburn's fault. I don't recall Alabama ever making so many mistakes.

I will give Auburn that QB slam.............but that's the only impressive thing they done.

If it wasn't a comeback, then what was it?

williz6588
12-01-2010, 07:27 AM
This is true. I dont think anyone expected the NCAA to act before the season was over though unless their hand was forced like it was at North Carolina. If Marvin Austin wasnt a complete moron and tweeted about it, the NCAA would have ignored that problem until the season was over also.

I agree.^^^ If things go negatively, it is going to screw up so much. Championships, Heisman etc.. It is crazy that the NCAA would let all this happen or not stop it. IMO, the right thing to do would be to stop it from happening so that mayhem doesn't occur later with the hypothetical. I think that there is not enough info to do it, so things will go on as they are. Say Cam Newton is declared ineligible after the season, the NCAA is going to have a lot more to figure out

nreggie454
12-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Wow. Didn't see this coming. Apparently Cecil did take all the heat and Cam is cleared: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/01/ncaa-clears-auburn-star-cam-newton-to-play/

EDIT: The in investigation is still open, but the NCAA opened a huge loophole allowing family-blaming as an excuse for pay-for-play: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andy_staples/12/01/cam-newton-ncaa-eligible/index.html?eref=sihp

Sinfix_15
12-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Parent leaching off their kids, pretty common practice in the world we live in.

nreggie454
12-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Parent leaching off their kids, pretty common practice in the world we live in.
Doesn't make it OK or acceptable.

BTW, I heard AJ Green's mom sold his bowl game jersey, it wasn't him. He should get those four games back.

Ziptied
12-01-2010, 05:22 PM
If the parent is guilty then you know the "child" is aware, especially being an adult. They both should fry for this. Guilty by association, but the NCAA has no balls, this just proves how fucked up even college football has become.

Ziptied
12-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Doesn't make it OK or acceptable.

BTW, I heard AJ Green's mom sold his bowl game jersey, it wasn't him. He should get those four games back.

It was his mother, they live right down the street from me and my younger brother played hs ball with him. The Green's have been family friends for years.

Sinfix_15
12-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Unfortunately.... i think this is just one of those things like steriods in baseball....

You kinda know it happens and always has happened, you know theres absolutely nothing you can do to stop it, so you chose to ignore it and pretend it doesnt happen.

nreggie454
12-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Unfortunately.... i think this is just one of those things like steriods in baseball....

You kinda know it happens and always has happened, you know theres absolutely nothing you can do to stop it, so you chose to ignore it and pretend it doesnt happen.

You can and should stop it. College sports are supposed to be pure without money deals, no matter who solicits or receives the money. Now, top high-school prospects can go to the highest bidder as long as they have a family member willing to take the fall if they get ratted out.

Sinfix_15
12-01-2010, 06:10 PM
You can and should stop it. College sports are supposed to be pure without money deals, no matter who solicits or receives the money. Now, top high-school prospects can go to the highest bidder as long as they have a family member willing to take the fall if they get ratted out.

i dont agree you should allow it or make it legal, i just dont feel they can do anything more than theyre doing now to stop it.

I think the NFL has the power to stop it, but not NCAA. If the NFL put year bans on college athletes who broke rules, you might see less rule breaking. But sadly.... at least for the college football elite, college ball is just a spring board for the NFL.

Greddypacked
12-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I dont see anything wrong w/ recieveing money for how good you are even in college. I know it's illegal but if they want to give money it should be alright. I mean look at the Pro's they make money for their skill. Now steroids I would say keep illegal and it's not right for athlete's to use. True skill and strength> steroids.

BanginJimmy
12-02-2010, 04:49 PM
I dont see anything wrong w/ recieveing money for how good you are even in college. I know it's illegal but if they want to give money it should be alright. I mean look at the Pro's they make money for their skill. Now steroids I would say keep illegal and it's not right for athlete's to use. True skill and strength> steroids.

The problem is that you then have a system of have and have nots. A school a Florida, Michigan, OSU and the like would never really be challenged because they could afford the better players.

Then you have that whole amateur thing. Which is what college athletics should be. You also have title 9, which would require all athletes, from all sports be paid the same so Newton would end up making the exact same thing as a swimmer on the women's swim team.

Sinfix_15
12-02-2010, 05:27 PM
The problem is that you then have a system of have and have nots. A school a Florida, Michigan, OSU and the like would never really be challenged because they could afford the better players.

Then you have that whole amateur thing. Which is what college athletics should be. You also have title 9, which would require all athletes, from all sports be paid the same so Newton would end up making the exact same thing as a swimmer on the women's swim team.

yeah, paying college athletes legit is just not an option and will never happen, nor should it. If they ever do allow it, enjoy watching USC play Florida in the next 15 national titles.

NFL has all the power in stopping it. They already have a 2 year rule in place, thats why you dont see straight out of highschool football players like you do in the NBA. Maybe they need to tighten their leash up a little bit and work with the NCAA to ban players not only from college, but have NFL penalties. A guy like Reggie Bush doesnt care what happened to USC now that hes rich.

Ziptied
12-02-2010, 06:28 PM

Are you retarded? If you receive money then you are a professional, and are in-eligible for amateur sports. The NFL should grow a pair and say something as well, but everything revolves around money so they won't. It sickens me personally who played college football, wasn't paid, didn't go pro and played because I loved it, not for a check. It ruins it for those that are there for heart. I'll stand by what my state does for HS players going as a college rule, if you transfer schools, you lose a year of eligibility. If you are caught with things like this you are banned from all athletic competition as a high school student. Period. No questions asked. Why is college so different? If Cam's father solicited at all then his son should pay as well, this will stop it from happening again.

BanginJimmy
12-02-2010, 06:28 PM
NFL has all the power in stopping it. They already have a 2 year rule in place, thats why you dont see straight out of highschool football players like you do in the NBA. Maybe they need to tighten their leash up a little bit and work with the NCAA to ban players not only from college, but have NFL penalties. A guy like Reggie Bush doesnt care what happened to USC now that hes rich.

I agree. You will see zero change unless the NFL and the NFLPA get involved. I would have no problem with anyone found to have violated their amateur status by taking money or benefits working for league minimum for 2 or 3 years. Better yet would be a lifetime ban for agents and runners if they are caught. That WILL put an end to it, especially if the NBA also gets involved and the players associations honor each other's bans. .

Greddypacked
12-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Are you retarded? If you receive money then you are a professional, and are in-eligible for amateur sports. The NFL should grow a pair and say something as well, but everything revolves around money so they won't. It sickens me personally who played college football, wasn't paid, didn't go pro and played because I loved it, not for a check. It ruins it for those that are there for heart. I'll stand by what my state does for HS players going as a college rule, if you transfer schools, you lose a year of eligibility. If you are caught with things like this you are banned from all athletic competition as a high school student. Period. No questions asked. Why is college so different? If Cam's father solicited at all then his son should pay as well, this will stop it from happening again.

No are you!..., why get your panties in a wad for someone expressing their opinion. I have grown up around Football, and played sports most of my life and never expected monetary gains, I played for the game. Now I dont see the problem if say you have a rich family friend giving you money for playing so good what's that difference then your parents giving you that flashy shiny car for getting that 4.0 GPA in your grades. My father said if I got near a 4.0 in school he would by me a new Saleen back in the day... and no i never recieved the car cuz I didnt get my 4.0 gpa. SO does that mean i should be banned from school cuz my father was trying to influence me more on obtaining a better GPA for my future?... NO! If the Pro's get advances and huge checks, I dont see why some college players cant. This is my opinion, so dont go getting all bunched up out of shape over it lol. DO interns get money while in college from jobs they are trying to get into after obtaining a degree... YES!

Ziptied
12-04-2010, 11:25 AM
No are you!..., why get your panties in a wad for someone expressing their opinion. I have grown up around Football, and played sports most of my life and never expected monetary gains, I played for the game. Now I dont see the problem if say you have a rich family friend giving you money for playing so good what's that difference then your parents giving you that flashy shiny car for getting that 4.0 GPA in your grades. My father said if I got near a 4.0 in school he would by me a new Saleen back in the day... and no i never recieved the car cuz I didnt get my 4.0 gpa. SO does that mean i should be banned from school cuz my father was trying to influence me more on obtaining a better GPA for my future?... NO! If the Pro's get advances and huge checks, I dont see why some college players cant. This is my opinion, so dont go getting all bunched up out of shape over it lol. DO interns get money while in college from jobs they are trying to get into after obtaining a degree... YES!

Well, it's easy to see why that 4.0 was so unattainable. However, a parental gift and a paycheck are two totally different things.

nreggie454
12-04-2010, 02:34 PM
DO interns get money while in college from jobs they are trying to get into after obtaining a degree... YES!
What a stupid analogy. An internship is nothing like player shopping. Paid internships are pretty rare, and the students earn far less than six figures during their internship term. Internships bring honor to a University and the educational system, while pay-for-play tarnishes collegiate athletics.

Greddypacked
12-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Woot Go Auburn.... I said it before the season even started they were going to be a top contender this year! Next up Oregon!

quickdodgeŽ
12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
DO interns get money while in college from jobs they are trying to get into after obtaining a degree... YES!

I didn't think they did. I know I didn't. I got a grade for it. Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Woot Go Auburn.... I said it before the season even started they were going to be a top contender this year! Next up Oregon!

Give me the winning lottery numbers.............. because thats about what you did by picking Auburn at the start of the season. There was no logical reasoning for Auburn to be on anyone's radar preseason.