PDA

View Full Version : Sports Anyone else enjoying Lebron's failure as much as i am?

Sinfix_15
11-25-2010, 03:00 AM
First off, to put this into perspective.. I'm one of those diehard fans that have my team's colors flowing thru my veins. I'm from Florida and have been a Gators fan my entire life. I'd rather sit the bench for a 0-11 UF team than be paid a million dollars to coach a Florida state team that had won the last 15 national titles.

Lets look at this Lebron James story. This guy is from Ohio.... get drafted by Ohio's sports team. A team that idolized him and gave him more fan support than probably any player in the history of sports. They built a practice facility closer to his house........ What kid wouldnt dream of being drafted by their home town team and going on to win a championship! You couldnt ask for anything more....

What could Lebron want? More money? He took a pay cut to get away from his home town team.

This guy was just born without a since of loyalty... he's that type of doucebag that was born in Ohio but still wears a Yankees hat. This picture is from a Cleveland Indian's playoff game.... YOURE FROM OHIO YOU FUCK! what the fuck is wrong with this guy?!? He's also a Dallas Cowboys fan.... go figure.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/278/slideshow_27860/display_image.jpg?x=176492

He has no respect for fans or even family. Possibly the least humble person walking the planet....
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/278/slideshow_27858/display_image.jpg?x=468053

I've never heard someone refer to themselves in 3rd person as much as Lebron. Does this guy think he's Jesus or something? what was going thru his mind when he thought he was important enough to host a telethon to announce where he was going to play?
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/290/605/LeBronJames_display_image.jpg?1278639943

http://jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/lebron-disappoint.jpg

When this all went down, i knew Cleveland would hate em, but i thought every other team and city would still be fanboys. Everytime i see Lebron get boo'd off the court for a road game i have a little bit more faith in humanity. Lebron James is the biggest douchebag in the history of sports and im enjoying every single loss the Heat stack up.

8-7.... Keep on losing!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
11-25-2010, 07:17 AM
I'm with you on counts, man. When he announced his move, I just hoped that Miami would never win a championship while he was with him. And I doubly wouldn't mind seeing Cleveland win one without him. But I do question this:

This guy was just born without a since of loyalty... he's that type of doucebag that was born in Ohio but still wears a Yankees hat. This picture is from a Cleveland Indian's playoff game.... YOURE FROM OHIO YOU FUCK! what the fuck is wrong with this guy?!? He's also a Dallas Cowboys fan.... go figure.

I didn't know you had to be a fan of the city/state you were born in. I'm from Los Angeles and although I am a Raiders fan, I'm an even bigger Falcons person. Does that make me a douchebag as well? Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
11-25-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm with you on counts, man. When he announced his move, I just hoped that Miami would never win a championship while he was with him. And I doubly wouldn't mind seeing Cleveland win one without him. But I do question this:

I didn't know you had to be a fan of the city/state you were born in. I'm from Los Angeles and although I am a Raiders fan, I'm an even bigger Falcons person. Does that make me a douchebag as well? Later, QD.

There's levels of douchebaggery. Even though i'm a Gators fan, i enjoy going to Auburn games since theyre the most local team. I'm not saying its automatically cool to switch to the local team of wherever you move to, but its more understandable.

If you played highschool football in LA and went on to get drafted by a LA team that invested millions of dollars into you as not only a player, but a member of the community and you were still a Falcons fan, yeah.... you would be a douchebag too. Lebron's expectations are born from the words out of his own mouth. He chose the role as Cleveland's icon, you cant call yourself a king and then decide to put down the crown when the going gets tough. Lebron isnt one of those blue collar guys trying to find his way. All he talks about is legacy and greatness... ect ect..... He doesnt get the benefit of the doubt that the actual "blue collar" NBA guys get. You want to call yourself a king and talk all the greatness bullshit, you've got to walk the line of greatness. Great players dont run from competition.

Nothing Lebron could ever do will change his legacy. A championship wont even fix it.

quickdodgeŽ
11-25-2010, 08:02 AM
There's levels of douchebaggery. Even though i'm a Gators fan, i enjoy going to Auburn games since theyre the most local team. I'm not saying its automatically cool to switch to the local team of wherever you move to, but its more understandable.

I lived in Dallas area for a year back in 1997. I went to a couple of dozen Rangers games while there. I was never a Rangers fan. I never adopted the local team. I went because I enjoyed going to games in a different city and watching different style teams play. I don't see the "automatic cool" in switching. I thought the subject was about NOT switching and being loyal. Later, QD.

Franco Tirador
11-25-2010, 12:59 PM
i did not he was doing so bad, i need to get cable, been out of the loop too long

TheVengeance
11-25-2010, 05:45 PM
http://www.auburntron.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/umad.jpg

BanginJimmy
11-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Where you grow up has nothing to do with your team allegiances. I grew up outside of Chicago and had 2 major college teams in state, but I am a Michigan fan.

For the entire decade of the 90's, I liked the Bears, but my team was the Chiefs because I loved Derrick Thomas.

Now I live in Atlanta and my football allegiance is back to the Bears, dont know when it happened, just dont seem to care what happens to the Chiefs anymore and pay attention to every bit of news about the bears.

I love to watch Tech and UGA lose games, and I am still a diehard Michigan man.

I still love my Cubbies and went to 2 of 3 games that were played here in Atlanta in my Cubs jersey.

Sinfix_15
11-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Where you grow up has nothing to do with your team allegiances. I grew up outside of Chicago and had 2 major college teams in state, but I am a Michigan fan.

For the entire decade of the 90's, I liked the Bears, but my team was the Chiefs because I loved Derrick Thomas.

Now I live in Atlanta and my football allegiance is back to the Bears, dont know when it happened, just dont seem to care what happens to the Chiefs anymore and pay attention to every bit of news about the bears.

I love to watch Tech and UGA lose games, and I am still a diehard Michigan man.

I still love my Cubbies and went to 2 of 3 games that were played here in Atlanta in my Cubs jersey.

you're not what i would call a real fan.

Sinfix_15
11-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Adding to the original topic, Lebron recently commented that the east was easier than the west. That the Heat were not in that big of trouble since they were in an easy division.

This is just the way this guy's mind works. He's a ring chaser, he would probably buy one off Ebay if they would let him.

quickdodgeŽ
11-26-2010, 09:26 AM
you're not what i would call a real fan.

What constitutes a "real fan," then? In your opinion? Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
11-26-2010, 09:44 AM
What constitutes a "real fan," then? In your opinion? Later, QD.

I guess anyone who buys a hat.

quickdodgeŽ
11-26-2010, 09:57 AM
I guess anyone who buys a hat.

So you're not going to be serious now. Ok. I was just asking. Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
11-26-2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqR9QgFHsk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-s5UPWVH8&feature=related

Lebron James already blaming coach for Heat's problems.

Sinfix_15
11-26-2010, 11:54 AM
So you're not going to be serious now. Ok. I was just asking. Later, QD.

I think what makes a real fan is the experiences and memories you have from your team. Some people remember their dad taking them to a game, eating ballpark hotdogs, the crowd exploding on that last play ect ect... tail gating, face painting and all that.

If your most fond memory of a team is a highlight you saw on sportscenter or if you picked your team because that yankees hat matches your outfit... you're just not a real fan.

Obviously not everyone is in the stands every week, but you should have some significant memory that made you attached to a team. Generally it starts from supporting your home town or state. I watched the entire Joe Montana era on TV and thought they were the best team ever, but i feel no connection to the 49ers, same for Jordan and the Bulls....

you more than me since youre a few years older, but we've got to watch some great dynasties in our lifetimes. Lakers, Bulls, Yankees, 49ers, Cowboys, Patriots, Broncos... all teams easy to admire, but i wouldnt call myself a fan of any of them

nreggie454
11-26-2010, 12:29 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/haters-gonna-hate-1.jpg?w=500&h=360
http://thecheesegrater.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/haters-gonna-hate-.jpeg
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/haters-gonna-hate-7.jpg?w=500&h=375

quickdodgeŽ
11-26-2010, 12:51 PM
I think what makes a real fan is the experiences and memories you have from your team. Some people remember their dad taking them to a game, eating ballpark hotdogs, the crowd exploding on that last play ect ect... tail gating, face painting and all that.

Can someone just not be a fan of the sport? Do you have to have some sort of allegiance to a certain team? Eat ballpark hotdogs and tail gate and erupting in applause at a game-winning home run is great memories in itself without having to be a fan of that team you went and saw. As above stated, I lived in Dallas for a year and went to 30+ Rangers games. Never been a Rangers fan, but I loved the experience of being in the ball park watching the game. I've been to Braves games since the late 70's. Been a fan since then. I was in the stadium when there would be a couple of thousand fans there in TOTAL attendance. For an entire season. And this is from being from LA, of which I am also a Dodgers fan.

Obviously not everyone is in the stands every week, but you should have some significant memory that made you attached to a team. Generally it starts from supporting your home town or state. ...

I don't really agree with the supporting your home state/town angle. I've never been to Minnesota, but I don't see a problem if I wanted to be a Twins or Vikings person. Later, QD.