PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Built LS turbo opinions

SX-MAN
11-23-2010, 09:39 AM
I had a ls put together at the machine shop... jw what kinda turbo would be good for the setup and what power range i should be in... the goal is 400whp

rotating assymbly was balanced for whatever i can throw at it only thing i have to worry about is ignition break up past 10k
eagle rods
srp 9:5 pistons
stock polished crank
arp stud kit for the whole engine
type r oil pump
block gaurd
crower valve springs & retainers
ferera over sized valves... -dont know the exact size-
p&p on the head
405-2 crower cams...they actually dont stock this part number anymore but they are the biggest set of cams available 322/319 241/238 lift 478/469

thoughts and opinions would be appreciated :goodjob:

turbob20
11-23-2010, 01:14 PM
i have researched these srp pistons they are a little more weaker of the forged pistons out there and have less chatter when running at startup compared to most real forged pistons but for 400hp you should be good with a good tune! i like cp and wiseco but the rods are good to go. cams are pretty huge for that power and i have seen some tune with boost for them and scotty say that hes had trouble with too big a cam blowin the spark out or something no matter what the gap on the plugs were!. ive seen a guy with an ls build named daniel sierra's tune at main stream with the 402s and polished ported ls head with i believe rocket motorsports valve train and put down 630 with a good sized turbo! idk SPOOLIN will prolly chime in and he seems to be on top of his game in this department right now! good luck!

SPOOLIN
11-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Whats your turbo pricing budget

SRP is a decent piston, 400whp is no problem. They do have their limits though.

Daniel had 404's and his head had $2,000 in head port work done.

SX-MAN
11-26-2010, 06:17 AM
actually i dont have a set price... taxes are comming back so i have a good chunk of $ to work with

turbob20
12-02-2010, 11:32 PM
thats right 404s thanks spoolin. good numbers but damn the $$ to get those heads to flow! lol. torques steady coming with em though but when you got the right turbo whens it not? lol oh yeah when blowing the tires off! gl with your build if i had to chose cp would be the one with that goal and ive seen alot more on em. my friend had a set in a sleeved block from a previous owner and cracked a ring land but was beatin pretty bad before he got it. im sure the dameage was already done inside the grain.

SPOOLIN
12-03-2010, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't put CP in my lawn mower.

turbob20
12-28-2010, 11:23 PM
ive seen where youve run em years ago do you know something i dont? i only fully built one and used je's! are cp really that bad? what you recommend?