PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Need advice on where to get a tune (honda content)

Kellen
11-22-2010, 10:45 PM
well i've been researching for about a month now on where to get a tune for my freshly built motor. i'm new in the area and cant really tell the legit places from the shady. so far through some friends recommendations i've concluded to batleground motorsports. i have been in contact with them for about 2 weeks now through e mail and phone. their tuner is on vacaton i guess to jamaica this week but will be back next week. i tried getting an appt. in advance but as expected they're backed up and "will not accept any appointments" right now.

so here's the problem, i NEED a tune, the car runs stupid rich and i go through a tank of gas like some kind of V8 dragster and it's getting expensive. come dec. 4th i'm going on a road trip to maimi for a meet and i really need a tune so i know the car runs straight and can potentially be better on gas while out of boost. plus it'd be nice to have a dyno sheet to show at the meet.

my question is, this is a car community that has a lot of knowledge on the tuners in the area. where else can i go that wont F me over and make my car blow up. i've spent THOUSANDS on repairs in the past few years from rebuilds and i finally have the motor in good form. i have e mailed mahadivi motor sports or something and everything seemed good to go but at last minute a buddy had told me a few stories that made me change my mind.

i have had a tune previously by RLZ Engineering and for 300 bucks it was a PERFECT tune and i would go back but they are further away now than before. so what is around here that is perfect for my setup? which includes this:

built bottom H22 block, Hondata S300, turbonetics 62-1, precision 1000's and other supporting mods. on the previous tune it made 290whp but there was an oil pressure issue and the turbo failed on the dyno during the pull, apparently it completely locked up at 6k. so that was 290whp at 6k, which means there is a LOT more power waiting to be untapped.

thanks for the help guys, i figure it's always good insurance to ask the locals that have been here for a while rather than testing it out unaware.

Kellen
11-23-2010, 12:58 PM
nothing? wow

EmminoDaGreat
11-23-2010, 02:00 PM
we tune tonsof cars. won't be able to do much this week due to the holidays. You can call the shop 678-363-6789 or scotty (our tuner) @6786143596

gsrcivic
11-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Scotty at Mainstream Performance tuned mine and everyone i know hes really good with hondas and other tunes

Bacon
11-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Mainstream

tuner_dude
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM
scotty at mainstream did an awesome job on my uncles teg... very cool guy to work with too and was flexible with us on the hours.

Kellen
11-24-2010, 01:09 PM
great, i'll call them now, i know it's short notice but hopefully i can get something done next week.

EmminoDaGreat
11-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Just so you know kellen, Scotty (our tuner) Will not be back in town until wednesday, so if you're trying to get in before then you may have to chose another location, or wait.

gsrcivic
11-25-2010, 08:40 AM
id wait itll b worth it

RUFFIAN
12-01-2010, 09:39 AM
So........ you are willing to drive the car to MIAMI untuned, but the place that you trusted to tune the car before is too far away? make the sacrifice. show your car some love.

Kellen
12-01-2010, 11:22 PM
RLZ engineering is in concord NC, that's still a long drive, as is maimi. showing my car some love would be to do what i literally just got back from doing which was getting it retuned here at mainstream. thanks for your opinion but if i didnt love my car why the fuck would i have posted this thread anyways?

RUFFIAN
12-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Listen, I commented to what you said. why get bent out of shape? I wish you well with the tune and your car. You're number "1" in my book.:smilefu: