PDA

View Full Version : Whats Wrong with my Car? [gas smell, loss of power, rough idle]

uproot
11-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Well i started getting a gas smell when driving, and sometimes the car would have a hard time starting.

Then all of a sudden the other night when i was beginning to accelerate it felt like i had lost virtually all of my power, and the idle is very odd. it's kinda like my car is grumbling, and struggling to move... any ideas on what could be wrong?

One time a fuel injector went out and it seemed kinda like the problem i have now.... just wanting to get some opinions/advice...

in short: hard to start , rough idle, no power, gas smell

HyPer50
11-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Well.... there's only so many pieces in the fuel system... I'd check the filter and lines first.... are you seeing any gas leaking underneath the car when the system is pressurized?

GTScoob
11-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Have you checked your MAF or MAP sensor?

My car ran very shitty and then I popped it out and saw how crudded up it was (damn K&N cleaner oil).

KoukiDrftr
11-16-2005, 08:15 AM
sounds like a gas leak

uproot
11-16-2005, 09:45 AM
looks like there is a leak around the fuel pulsation damper on the end of my fuel rail... a friend of mine said i could just tighten it up.. but i tried and it didnt move lol.... what should i do?

KoukiDrftr
11-16-2005, 01:40 PM
replace it

HiPSI
11-16-2005, 02:31 PM
looks like there is a leak around the fuel pulsation damper on the end of my fuel rail... a friend of mine said i could just tighten it up.. but i tried and it didnt move lol.... what should i do?

if it's leaking from the threads, pull it off and add some kind of fuel resistant sealant to the threads and reinstall. if it's coming from somewhere else just replace it.

uproot
11-17-2005, 04:59 AM
is the damper replaceable or should i get a new fuel rail... i've never had to work with the fuel lines so this is all new to me...

HiPSI
11-17-2005, 12:22 PM
is the damper replaceable or should i get a new fuel rail... i've never had to work with the fuel lines so this is all new to me...

from the diagram above it looks to have a hex shaped surface with which to remove it, so i'd assume it's threaded into the end of the rail.

Goinfasterthanu
11-17-2005, 06:33 PM
there are washers on there ..They are what keeps it from leaking..Replace those. I bet one got krimpped...

uproot
11-17-2005, 11:06 PM
there are washers on there ..They are what keeps it from leaking..Replace those. I bet one got krimpped...

i'm finally off work tomorrow.... that sounds like what it could be... thanks for the tips..