PDA

View Full Version : business start help

RISKYB
11-15-2005, 10:00 PM
im wanting to start my own retail buisiness, how would i go about getting buisiness licences and what all documentation would i need, any help would be appreciated

Ex_Vtec_Girl
11-15-2005, 10:38 PM
i believe the first thing you have to do is register the name of the company with the secretary of state, which you can do online. my boss does that kind of work so if you want a lawyers assistance, let me know & i'll see what i can do.

RISKYB
11-15-2005, 11:22 PM
anything you can find out would be of great help

Kevykev
11-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Sec of State charges $100.00 to get your business incorporated.

Obtain your business license from the courthouse of your city, where ever your Chamber of Commerce is located. All you should need is a valid driver's license and a brief description of your line of business and a fee which varies from city to city $60-150. Please not that the license is good only through the remainder of the year. In other words, if you get your license in December of '05 you have to renew it in January of '06.

You should also be able to get your Trade Name certificate from there as well (not sure of the fees), this will enable you to open up a business account.

hope this helps you.

RISKYB
11-16-2005, 12:27 PM
thanks kev

xplicitcivic04
11-16-2005, 10:23 PM
I WOULD HELP U BUT U ARE WITH EQUAL MINDS. I TRIED TO JOIN THE CLUB BUT THEY TURNED THERE BACK ON ME AND IGNORED ME.

Kevykev
11-16-2005, 10:33 PM
That some funny ass shit that you jsut posted right there man, very very immature and funny!

InfiniDG355
11-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Just some additonal information. The incorporation portions is a little more detailed the $100.00 is just for the filing of the Articles of Incorporation for the company. There are about $200.00 or so more dollars in fees for other parts of incorporating. You have reserve the name as well and place an ad in your counties legal newspaper. Hope this helps.

Kevykev
11-22-2005, 10:51 PM
^ yeah that was the last line that I posted about I wasn't sure of the fees, in DeKalb it's 40 & 20 for the newspaper and registering.

It's good for like 2 little issues of the newspaper.

FaSaleen
11-25-2005, 09:43 PM
RISKY

Miknow
11-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Do you have to have a place of business? Can it be your home? I am trying to get a used car dealer license and it states it on the application.

RISKYB
11-28-2005, 09:14 PM
mine will be retail with the majority prolly being internet sales, so i should be able to run it from home until it either dies or grows and expands

InfiniDG355
11-29-2005, 09:44 AM
For a used car dealer license you do have to have an "established place of business" but there is the possibility of obtaining a temporary site license if you are planning on having a regular place of busines in the near future from what my understanding is. Plus the license application is quite detailed.

§ 43-47-8.2. Place of business; temporary sites; penalties

(a) A used motor vehicle dealer shall not engage in any activity as a used motor vehicle dealer except at such dealer's established place of business which has been registered under Code Section 40-2-38, at temporary sites not more than three times in any one calendar year, or at a licensed auto auction or any licensed facility. This subsection shall not be construed to prohibit a used motor vehicle dealer from delivering a vehicle off site, provided that the transaction is initiated from an established place of business under this chapter.
(b)(1) At least 60 days prior to opening a sale at a temporary site, a used motor vehicle dealer must make application to the board for a temporary site permit. A separate application must be submitted for every temporary site sale.

(2) To be eligible for a temporary site permit, a used motor vehicle dealer must be registered as required by Code Section 40-2-38. In order to obtain a temporary site permit, a used motor vehicle dealer must provide, on a form promulgated by the board:

InfiniDG355
11-29-2005, 09:45 AM
For a Retail business you are correct it can be run from the home as a home business.

RISKYB
11-29-2005, 09:56 PM
thanks infini :goodjob: