PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Peeling clear coat... best option?

X-Runner
11-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Got a red car, the clear coat is shot and will flake off like dead skin on a sun burn. I can get all the dead clear coat off easily without hurting the base coat under it. What can I do to make the red base coat shiny minus the clear coat? Cleaner wax? Buff it? :thinking: Car just needs to shine for a few days, looking for a temp fix.

-EnVus-
11-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Got a red car, the clear coat is shot and will flake off like dead skin on a sun burn. I can get all the dead clear coat off easily without hurting the base coat under it. What can I do to make the red base coat shiny minus the clear coat? Cleaner wax? Buff it? :thinking: Car just needs to shine for a few days, looking for a temp fix.

With out the clear coat it won't shine and the paint will not last long it will fade fast.

X-Runner
11-21-2010, 09:43 PM
With out the clear coat it won't shine and the paint will not last long it will fade fast.

There has to be something, anything, that will make it shine for a day or two. I know someone has done it before. Oh and about it not lasting long, once the clear coat peels like that you have to repaint the car anyways to properly fix it. So that doesn't really matter.

-EnVus-
11-21-2010, 09:45 PM
There has to be something, anything, that will make it shine for a day or two. I know someone has done it before.

Idk man ive had lots of issue with cars paint peeling and clear coat unless its always wet it wont shine. Its almost like a flat paint the gloss is the shine you see on things...

Sinfix_15
11-21-2010, 10:15 PM

turtle wax ice works ok, makes ur car look a little greasy if you put it on thick, but it will give it like a wet tire look

MaxJav9669
11-23-2010, 09:33 AM
get some laquer clear coat and overspray the area affected, then wet sand the new clear till it matches the rest of the car, then use some scratch doctor on it, rubbing compound, and then i used Turtle wax Ice on mine because the wax is clear. It does work but, you need to be patient and careful.

revenge
11-23-2010, 05:14 PM
i put armorall on my da and it looked good and lasted about a week.