PDA

View Full Version : Radiator help

tuyen
11-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Got a Gsr, my radiator coolant keep getting low I had to fill it up every 3 day. I can't find any leak anywhere. But I see that my overflow bottle keep on sucking the antifree from my radiator to the point that it full. Any body ever had this problem

Cynical 1
11-21-2010, 07:28 AM
you either have an air bubble in the engine that is trying to work itself out, or you have a blown headgasket.

try bleeding the coolant system, fill it, and see what happens.

civicturbo10
11-21-2010, 09:04 AM
You have a leak somewhere. You need to locate it and have it repaired. I would think a blown headgasket consuming that much coolant would be toast toast already. When the car is parked overnight check for puddles the next day. Your sounds like a fast leak and i just repaired multi leaks that was leaking much slower. I put my finger on all of the rubber coolant lines and checked for fluid wetness on my finger. Do it multi times to make sure. There not easy to spot either b/c they leak so slow. I had multi leaks due to reusing hoses (on a rebuild, but same motor different setup) that should have been replaced. As to why they leaked prob b/c they couldn't seat properly since they weren't new and i only use OEM clamps vs. crush style screw clamps (Pepboys, which look ugly). I only use OEM...... GL