PDA

View Full Version : Sports How do you feel about Cam Newton?

Sinfix_15
11-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Assuming you're already up to date on this situation, im just gonna offer my thoughts on it.

I think Cam is probably a decent kid with some leach parents. Keep in mind, nobody is saying Cam said anything, theyre saying his dad did. His dad was probably testing the water looking for a pay day off his son. I'm pretty sure Cam has spoke with his dad and knows if these stories are true or not. He probably doesnt want to throw his dad under the bus. I dont think anyone is to blame other than his father Cecil. I dont think Auburn paid Cam to play and i dont think any money changed hands anywhere around this. I think its as simple as Cecil being a low life and fishing for a payday.

Few other side notes, i think Dan Mullen and/or the MSU staff expected Cam to follow Mullen to MSU and theyre disgruntled by his decision not to. I dont think there's any way that Dan Mullen didnt recognize Cam's talent when they were both at Florida. MSU was also obviously shopping a QB since they did manage to grab Masoli.

I think Mullen and/or staff are responsible for the leaking of Cam's records at Florida also, since there's only a few people who would even know about it and Florida's staff has always conducted themselves in a professional and "fathering" manner when it comes to players.

How do i feel about Cam Newton? Innocent until proven guilty, though the evidence seems to suggest that he's a decent kid surrounded by a bunch of garbage looking for paydays.

williz6588
11-18-2010, 06:39 AM
I agree with you on this. I think MSU is upset because he chose to go to AU and not there. MSU was definitely in a hunt for a QB and Masoli came a looong way from Oregon. Why did they continue to
recruit Newton for 5 weeks after this. The answer to that is well; they wanted him and bad too.

AirMax95
11-18-2010, 08:44 AM
I agree to an extent, adding the notion that some booster is pissy that Cam did not go to MSU. Someone is being a big baby and possibly is taking this moment to clear MSU and tank Cam.

The notion that Cecil is greedy does sound VERY possible. Again, no one said Cam's name in regards to $ talks.

Recent AJC article for more info: http://www.ajc.com/sports/report-booster-received-payment-745047.html

BanginJimmy
11-18-2010, 05:26 PM
First Masoli went to Mississippi, not Miss. St.

Second, Cam said his father was running the recruiting for him and had his authority so you cannot separate them.

Third, Cecil managed to get some very large donations in a very short order during the recruiting process that got his church renovated.

Fourth, I think the story leaked because of sour grapes, but I do believe it is true. I dont know, or care, whose idea it was, but I think everyone was well aware of what was happening.

Sinfix_15
11-18-2010, 05:35 PM
First Masoli went to Mississippi, not Miss. St.

Second, Cam said his father was running the recruiting for him and had his authority so you cannot separate them.

Third, Cecil managed to get some very large donations in a very short order during the recruiting process that got his church renovated.

Fourth, I think the story leaked because of sour grapes, but I do believe it is true. I dont know, or care, whose idea it was, but I think everyone was well aware of what was happening.

Bah, cant believe i made that error on masoli.

Church people cant be trusted.

williz6588
11-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Bah, cant believe i made that error on masoli.

Church people cant be trusted.

Can't believe I did too! LOL

Ziptied
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I think if high school rules applied to college he wouldn't be playing anyways, the SCHSL prohibits active play for one year if a student transfers schools. So transfer all you want, but you lose a year of eligibility by doing so. But that's not the case, and he's guilty no matter how you slice it, unfortunately it will take 2 years before it ever comes out just like UsoCal and the reggie bush scandal.