PDA

View Full Version : Heater not working on 04 Audi A4

GuessWho
11-14-2010, 08:42 PM
So it's blowing AC perfect, but now when I crank up the heat, air is coming out but just not warm ?!?!

Any ideas ?!?!

The dealership said it was clogged and that they couldn't clog it and that I would have to get a whole new heater core...... But we all know how dealerships are Jewish !

GuessWho

slostang
11-14-2010, 08:49 PM
they are probably correct. if it is the core, theres really not a way to un clog it.

Cynical 1
11-18-2010, 11:59 AM
dealers are not jewish, especially when dealing with german cars...

take both hoses off of the heater core (inside engine bay, behind engine) and run water from a garden hose through the core. water comes out as fast as it goes in- good core. no water coming out- bad core.

also - what engine is this? 2.8 v6 or 1.8t? the 2.8's have a problem of getting an air bubble in the water passage from the heads that causes no heat- especially after something has been done requiring the coolant to be drained and refilled...

and - check your waterpump and thermostat.

GuessWho
11-19-2010, 12:12 PM
^ Thanks, but dealerships are still Jewish bastards...
I ran water through it and everything was good... So instead of them charging me $750.00 to replace something I don't need... They're now going to check the Blend door which I'm about 100% sure is the problem.
Motor must of went out on it.
Anybody need a Heater Core for Audi A4 1.8t ?

Thanks,
GuessWho

Cynical 1
11-19-2010, 12:16 PM
yeah, you didn't catch my sarcasm regarding jews and a car company backed by hitler...

blend door - maybe. simple test is to have them perform a basic settings on the doors using the scan tool. it will tell them in 30 seconds if it is the door or not...

GuessWho
11-30-2010, 11:00 PM
I get it now lolol...
Just got the new heater core put in ... Everything works again !

Thanks,
GuessWho