PDA

View Full Version : f22a with a h23a non vtec head?

cprtyler
11-14-2010, 08:42 PM
i have read that this is possible and i have also heard that its the same as a f22b dohc in the end result. the reason im asking is that my f22a head is damaged real bad and i have a good h23 head iv heard that its simple if someone would or could help please do, i dont need no negitive feed back like go vtec or go full h23 i have spare parts laying around and there good just tryin to go with what i had

K24cb7coupe
11-15-2010, 09:36 PM
the intake and exhaust side are the same, the cams are the same. the oil return to the block is different, but some how it works. if you can get your hands on the f22b dohc head you will be easier install. sohc heads are easy to find. i have a few and you can find them at pull a part.

JJSPEC Racing
11-15-2010, 09:52 PM
You will need a competent aluminum welder and machine shop to get it right. We have done a few so we could get the head ready for you. Just dont know what your budget is. PM me if you are interested.

cprtyler
11-15-2010, 10:07 PM
You will need a competent aluminum welder and machine shop to get it right. We have done a few so we could get the head ready for you. Just dont know what your budget is. PM me if you are interested.

i thought that was on the vtec head only, from what i have read (and it took me along time to find it) was that there was one oil passage that only that had to be blocked off on the non vtec head? and that it was basically bolt on

JJSPEC Racing
11-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Still similar to the Vtec head. If you dont fix it you will have an oil leak and waste a head gasket. I have seen it before.

K24cb7coupe
11-15-2010, 10:37 PM

dont you have to weld up the oil return around the water jacket on the head???

JJSPEC Racing
11-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Pretty much. There are actually about 6 spots that need to be welded some(not fully covered) to do the job correctly.

K24cb7coupe
11-16-2010, 01:29 AM
my friend and i were looking at a sohc and a dohc block in his basement and we wondering how people were doing the h head on sohc blocks.

cprtyler
11-16-2010, 05:32 AM
is it worth it at all power wise

JJSPEC Racing
11-16-2010, 05:35 AM
The vtec version helps out pretty good.