PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to h22 jones

JJSPEC Racing
11-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Let me start off by saying today was a great day! h22 jones was feeling under the weather and asked me if I would drive his car for him. I feel that this was a great priveledge and was very excited. It has been a long time since I have driven a well put together 4 cylinder all motor car and I said yes. The car is very strong and the powerband is very broad and the car just feels solid.. I wish I had one test and tune pass to get the feel of the car before qualifying but the first round of qualifying was that test pass. After that 14.05 second pass the rest of them were pretty consistant and much better. The rest of the passes were within .2 of each other with the air temp being the major variable. I know with Mike driving it will go faster as he is more familiar with the car and weighs less than me. The car thoroughly impressed me with the power and has got my gears turning. I am glad his son got "the big trophy" at the end of the day.

PS. H series FTW!!!

*EFilliated*
11-13-2010, 08:29 PM
It was nice meeting you guys, had a good time, would of been a hell of a race if I didn't Fuck up, lol owell, there is always next year.

JJSPEC Racing
11-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Spring (import showdown) is in the air, lol! I think Import Showdown has some good things in the works to make their events even better next year. Glad to meet you guys too!

h22 jones
11-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I realy appreciated it jj. I mean whats the odds og being sick at two events ? last spring i had the flu at import show down and felt awful. I was miserable trying to keep up with everything and drive the car so when i ended up getting sick and didnt seem to be getting better ( actualy worse) the only person that i could think od that has driven a car with cable shiftlinkage (since were not running h2b) was jj. I called and asked him if i still felt like crap if he wanted to drive he said he would be honered. I got to the track this morning and jimmy asled me how i felt i said like shit but if your busy with nicks car and have alot going on ill drive but i realy dont fell like it . I said i know how much you like racing and you are a very good driver id rather somebody be in the car that wants to win rather then me because i just want to go to bed lol. I knew the car had a chance to win and i wanted to give it that chance which wouldnt have happened with me today i felt like crap. I have never broke a axle or red lighted and i did both in the spring when i had the flu at import show down. I thought man im not going through that again. If it wasnt for promising to take my son to the track and telling him we might get a trophy (wich he decided he had to have the big one kids lol) i probably wouldnt have came today so thanks jj for making all that possible. I havnt had the honor of working with jj much being that we both have our own shop and our own stuff going own but today was like you had none somebody for years he didnt act like he knew everything or like ive been driving driving for ten years dont tell me anything lol. He was realy a nice guy to work with just like saying i drive the car faster yes i normaly run 12.3 in it but on alot colder day then today he did a great job and realy was a nice guy to work with not a know it all at all . I hate people like that sorry but i realy do . I have been around this for along time and i learn something new everyday like that if you red light during qualifying it doesnt matter just learned that today lol.

JJSPEC Racing
11-13-2010, 09:09 PM
LIke I said, it was an honor as you could have asked a lot of people to help you out. The cable trannies are definately a different kind of animal to deal with. The smile on your son's face holding the trophy in those pictures is worth more than any money value that you could give. Just like the smile when he was in the pass seat on the dyno at dyno day. The final pass I was more worried about not getting the big trophy for him and letting him down more than losing that round . Better watch out as he loves this stuff. He is going to be upsetting people in about 12 years when he is old enough to race at the track. Cant imagine what you will have put together for him to run by then.

h22 jones
11-13-2010, 09:11 PM
I heard if your not red lighting your not pushing the tree hard enough lol. I bet them wires i sold you would have been worth double that in the second round of qualifying lol. I think you had been running like 13.7 all day and we had been running like 12.7 12.8 all day so you did the right thing man its either get them off thje tree or lose . I actualy was racing jj in a event that didnt have different brackets when he had the single integra. it got down to the last of us (They also had a pay out for best reaction time) and i had to run him he was running mid 11s and was runnning low 12s so i did the same thing tried to get him off the tree ( or get paid for best reaction time lol money is money) and i red lighted . i never red light but i know jj cuts good lights so its not like you can get a good reaction time and win you got to get a great reaction time to win matter fact he won the race that day and got paid for the best reaction time to lol. The only catch is he sponsered the event so i guess he paid hiself lol but thats better then losing.

-S Double C-
11-13-2010, 09:17 PM
good job guys! Jimmy see you again in the future i got something up my sleeve :ninja:

JJSPEC Racing
11-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Glad to hear it, Sean! Talking about reaction times, they used to call me the lumberjack cause I will cut the tree down on you! Many a person has been left at the tree thinking, oh crap! He is gone, lol.

*EFilliated*
11-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Very true sir, at 19 years old I got time to get as good as u guys at drag racing, just my first competition, many more to come.

I heard if your not red lighting your not pushing the tree hard enough lol. I bet them wires i sold you would have been worth double that in the second round of qualifying lol. I think you had been running like 13.7 all day and we had been running like 12.7 12.8 all day so you did the right thing man its either get them off thje tree or lose . I actualy was racing jj in a event that didnt have different brackets when he had the single integra. it got down to the last of us (They also had a pay out for best reaction time) and i had to run him he was running mid 11s and was runnning low 12s so i did the same thing tried to get him off the tree ( or get paid for best reaction time lol money is money) and i red lighted . i never red light but i know jj cuts good lights so its not like you can get a good reaction time and win you got to get a great reaction time to win matter fact he won the race that day and got paid for the best reaction time to lol. The only catch is he sponsered the event so i guess he paid hiself lol but thats better then losing.

JJSPEC Racing
11-13-2010, 09:57 PM
I believe this was the first round of eliminations. This is what an .048 second reaction time looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euaho1c3xHA

h22 jones
11-13-2010, 11:06 PM
looks good .

thundercatz1
11-14-2010, 07:56 AM
looks good .

That hatch moves out:goodjob:

JJSPEC Racing
11-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Yes it does. Semifinals video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7juamCoh2E

thundercatz1
11-14-2010, 08:36 AM
We're not worthy!! We're not worthy!! We're not worthy!!!!!! lol

JJSPEC Racing
11-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Should have put the Go Pro in the Mustang and got a video of one of your runs. There are several mounting options for it. I was using the zip tie method in h22 jones' hatch and it worked out really good!

thundercatz1
11-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Should have put the Go Pro in the Mustang and got a video of one of your runs. There are several mounting options for it. I was using the zip tie method in h22 jones' hatch and it worked out really good!

That would have been real cool, may be we can do that next Import Showdown. I like to see how slow I shift lol

*EFilliated*
11-14-2010, 09:25 AM
JJspec if u can post up the final run, I wanna see what it looks like

JJSPEC Racing
11-14-2010, 09:29 AM
These videos take a while to load. Trying to get it too.

Apex1972
11-14-2010, 09:35 AM
I realy appreciated it jj. I mean whats the odds og being sick at two events ? last spring i had the flu at import show down and felt awful. I was miserable trying to keep up with everything and drive the car so when i ended up getting sick and didnt seem to be getting better ( actualy worse) the only person that i could think od that has driven a car with cable shiftlinkage (since were not running h2b) was jj. I called and asked him if i still felt like crap if he wanted to drive he said he would be honered. I got to the track this morning and jimmy asled me how i felt i said like shit but if your busy with nicks car and have alot going on ill drive but i realy dont fell like it . I said i know how much you like racing and you are a very good driver id rather somebody be in the car that wants to win rather then me because i just want to go to bed lol. I knew the car had a chance to win and i wanted to give it that chance which wouldnt have happened with me today i felt like crap. I have never broke a axle or red lighted and i did both in the spring when i had the flu at import show down. I thought man im not going through that again. If it wasnt for promising to take my son to the track and telling him we might get a trophy (wich he decided he had to have the big one kids lol) i probably wouldnt have came today so thanks jj for making all that possible. I havnt had the honor of working with jj much being that we both have our own shop and our own stuff going own but today was like you had none somebody for years he didnt act like he knew everything or like ive been driving driving for ten years dont tell me anything lol. He was realy a nice guy to work with just like saying i drive the car faster yes i normaly run 12.3 in it but on alot colder day then today he did a great job and realy was a nice guy to work with not a know it all at all . I hate people like that sorry but i realy do . I have been around this for along time and i learn something new everyday like that if you red light during qualifying it doesnt matter just learned that today lol.

glad it went well. wish I could have stayed. I guess I should have brought out the POS lude it probably would have done OK in the FWD class. oh well hope to have a new setup for next year. I also want to thank both of the Jones guys too. They have both helped me out whenver I was in a bind and any fellow Prelude owners out there know,Ludes tend to put you in a bind pretty regularly. big ups to TEAM JONES!!!!!!

h22 jones
11-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Id like to see that run to . I know he red lighted but i was curious if you caught him before the end of the track. Efilliated i also had another set of slicks at the track that i let joey borrow but wouldnt fit on his car i would have let you use but i didnt think about it . You didnt do to bad with out them though maybe theyw ould have gotten your closser to a low 13 second pass to make the finals a little closer ask me next time i normaly have two or three sets. I slod one set to the guy from columbus with the white h22 turboed hacth , let joey borrow a set that wouldnt fit and i ran a set .

*EFilliated*
11-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Yea the times I ran were not normal, at commerce I ran 13.4 on regular street tires, so I should have been much closer to 12s, I'm coming more prepared next time. But I will definitely let u kno if I need slicks next time.

Id like to see that run to . I know he red lighted but i was curious if you caught him before the end of the track. Efilliated i also had another set of slicks at the track that i let joey borrow but wouldnt fit on his car i would have let you use but i didnt think about it . You didnt do to bad with out them though maybe theyw ould have gotten your closser to a low 13 second pass to make the finals a little closer ask me next time i normaly have two or three sets. I slod one set to the guy from columbus with the white h22 turboed hacth , let joey borrow a set that wouldnt fit and i ran a set .

JJSPEC Racing
11-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Here you go. Finally got the last video uploaded. I think the camera ran out of memory or shut off before the end. Only got the right side tire warm during the burnout according to Mike and you can see the results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFDg0qjyz0

*EFilliated*
11-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Lol, I fucked up, Damn

Black4DrEK
11-14-2010, 07:02 PM
^ So what did you run?

*EFilliated*
11-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Slow times. Put it dis way I ran on 22' slicks what I run on street tires, testing new slicks and didn't work out so well, was still able to take 2nd. Till next time.

^ So what did you run?

JJSPEC Racing
11-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Lol, I fucked up, Damn

Dont sweat it, I have turned on the red before. Looked like some solid driving there!

*EFilliated*
11-14-2010, 07:11 PM
yea JJ I was going all out that last race, was my only choice

Black4DrEK
11-14-2010, 07:12 PM
so what was the time tho?

*EFilliated*
11-14-2010, 07:20 PM

so what was the time tho?

Black4DrEK
11-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Cool.. I ran that one streets.. when I went there...

*EFilliated*
11-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I ran dat at commerce with a gsr base map

Cool.. I ran that one streets.. when I went there...

h22 jones
11-15-2010, 02:25 PM
your times will vary from track to track and with the weather dont sweat it hell my car runs low 12s consistent and i didnt hit a low 23 all day just know that odds are if your car is slowing down so is the competitons if you pm me your time slips from one place to the other and from street tires to slicks i can probably tell you whats going on. In my experience when you change to slicks on a h22 and run the same times you lose trap (mile and hour) I have noticed with stock h22 they dont pull great on the other end of the track and if you go to slicks and let alot of air out you will hook and get better 60 foot times but its like riding on flat tires ay the other end of the track and kills you trap speed. Thats why i went tp 13 inch wheels so i can let the pressure down get the wrinkle effect and still have good air for the end of the track . I was running 15 inch boggarts but the slicks were so skinny if you let enough air out the slicvks to hook the tires were flat . I have also noticed with the slicks i run and may be with most slicks you have to heat the shit out of them let the smoke role for them to hook . If you look at the last run i never saw smoke come from the left tire and you can see how bad it spinned. I dont know everything and im not sure how much you have run slicks but im just trying to help normaly you will always trap higher on street tires so if you get a good night were your street tires are hooking and you run a 12.8 dont expect to run any faster with sicks because hooking is hooking doesnt matter whats on the front of the car . Also what are you leaving the line at if the car hooks but the motor bogs either let the slicks spin a little to keep your rpms up or lev with a litle more rpms. Everybody thinks hey if i put slicks on my car will run this well there is alot to getting your car set up and getting the most out of using slicks . I hope this helps out man just trying to help.

h22 jones
11-15-2010, 02:28 PM
I ran 13.6 at sdr with stock h22 and stock h22 trany the car also made 185 on a dyno jet . Im sure if i would have had it tunned it would not have run any better thats right were it was supposed to be. I have also heard that h22s run realy good on gsr computers sounds like yours was running reraly well also.

*EFilliated*
11-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Yea those slicks weren't cutting it, on semi-finals when I went up against that blue coupe, I spun off the line as if I was on street tires, it was bad. But yea next time we are gonna bring the 23s on 13' rim that I ran 12s in. I didn't have time to practice with those 22s, we missed 1st qualifying so we just threw them on, when I ran at commerce it took me like 8passes to get the car down to low 13s high 12s. But yea cnt really expect much with a stock ass motor and a 2450lbs car either. Next time ill take sum time to hit the drag strip and practice before I compete in a event like that again, school full time/part time job/ and living in North Carolina, no the best combination.

JJSPEC Racing
11-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Just get as much seat time as you can. I remember I started out at Eatonton and raced there for years. Went there every Thursday night and some Sats. Found out how to make a car hook and how to drive it to the last .001 second. If you can hook there, you can drag race on a dirt road and win, lol!

*EFilliated*
11-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Lol yea, I gotta get more experience under my belt, it will all fall into place as time goes by.

Just get as much seat time as you can. I remember I started out at Eatonton and raced there for years. Went there every Thursday night and some Sats. Found out how to make a car hook and how to drive it to the last .001 second. If you can hook there, you can drag race on a dirt road and win, lol!

JJSPEC Racing
11-15-2010, 09:55 PM
I have made many passes down the quarter mile in many different cars and I still learn something everytime I go down the strip. Need any help ask and I will give you the best advice I can.

*EFilliated*
11-15-2010, 10:44 PM
I'll keep dat in mind thanx

I have made many passes down the quarter mile in many different cars and I still learn something everytime I go down the strip. Need any help ask and I will give you the best advice I can.

EJ6
11-16-2010, 12:08 AM
wish i went..congrats though luis on 2nd place..hopefully my car be ready for next event

*EFilliated*
11-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Preciate it, ill be prepared next time

wish i went..congrats though luis on 2nd place..hopefully my car be ready for next event

h22 jones
11-16-2010, 02:18 PM
ha ha you learned to drive at eatonton lol thats a joke. I guess your right if you can drive there you can drive anywere lol. Irealy been wanting to go to twiggs but they run there mouth more then race . You cant get any passes in . I do love to watch the big boys carry the wheels thorugh the eight and dont wanna realy look stupid puuting throught the eight lol.

JJSPEC Racing
11-16-2010, 07:23 PM
ha ha you learned to drive at eatonton lol thats a joke. I guess your right if you can drive there you can drive anywere lol. Irealy been wanting to go to twiggs but they run there mouth more then race . You cant get any passes in . I do love to watch the big boys carry the wheels thorugh the eight and dont wanna realy look stupid puuting throught the eight lol.

Not really just learning how to drive there, learning how to set up a car to hook there and then to drive in those conditions was very beneficial. I could be very consistant from week to week even though the track wasnt, haha!

h22 jones
11-16-2010, 10:19 PM
i have seen some fast cars there but that track is trash lol. I used to ride with mike adams racing for 10 to 20,000 a pop at that track he new the tricks to i can say that . Ive seen him win more money then ive ever seen before and ask him have you actualy made any money with the truck he said hell no i got 80,000 dollars in this truck lol. I dont guess you get into racing for the money lol.

jnv255
11-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Thanks for wenching the prelude for me

h22 jones
11-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Anytime although id like to see that beast wenching itself get that axle fixed and lets make some passes she sounded good the best ive ever heard that car run sounds like jimmy has it right now to getting it set up for the track thats a whole nother ball game but yaw can geti it to hook and make some nice passes. i have been racing before you bought that car and have been waiting to see that car putt together for shit man 8 years maybe not that long but it seems like that long . It was the only other h22 around being built back in the day so i was realy eager to see it finished should be a beast for sure man. Im sure you got the motor built like you want it but i also no you want to make big numbers and i got a 55mm h23 crank with your name on it let me know if you ever decide to stroke it thats a hard crank to find being it has 55mm main bearings.

jnv255
11-19-2010, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't be able to run the same RPM's would I, or have I had a few to many and can't think straight?? I bought it in 98 and races it every week ( bracket ). It's been a while since she's seen the track, that's for sure

JJSPEC Racing
11-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Piston speed would def be up there a little more going from 90.5 mm to 95mm stroke.

h22 jones
11-20-2010, 10:31 PM
jj you the expert i do the all motor thing and bigger is always better in my world but if you can make the same power with out turning the piss out of it then that is alot less wear and tear on the motor hell my dads motor never sees over 8000 lol. Im sure you would like to make some passes like it is it was just a idea run it across jj see what yaw think. Hell it wouldnt be a bad idea to just have a spare bottom end laying around and no im not offering my 55mm main h22 block lol.