PDA

View Full Version : Road Race Shifter?

speedminded
11-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Anyone see these used on the street? you know...the big tall ones that keep your hand up close to the steering wheel? We use them on both honda challenge cars, i'm very tempted to try and start a new trend.... :tongue:

GTScoob
11-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Rally cars use them too.

I've always wondered why people try to get the shortest shifters possible. Not only do you have to reach farther, but also exert more force on the lever to get the same moment.

speedminded
11-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Rally cars use them too.

I've always wondered why people try to get the shortest shifters possible. Not only do you have to reach farther, but also exert more force on the lever to get the same moment.exactly...it's rough on the gear box too. She always said she liked it being big anyways.

HiPSI
11-15-2005, 03:19 PM
ikeya formula makes a sequential shifter conversion for several models of cars, it's pretty flippin sweet.... but for $1200 i can spend my money better elsewhere ;).

http://www.takakaira.com/performance/ikeyaformula/01.gif

LS2ner
11-24-2005, 05:03 AM
yea...there not road race shifters =P where sequential shifters....if you have a shifter that tall you would be shifting "into" your dash. And you dont get a short shifter from have an actual "shortened" shifter. Its about the hieght from where the linkage connects to where the center of the shifter is... It actually shortens the distance that the shifter has to move to engage the gears.

speedminded
11-24-2005, 05:41 AM
yea...there not road race shifters =P where sequential shifters....if you have a shifter that tall you would be shifting "into" your dash. And you dont get a short shifter from have an actual "shortened" shifter. Its about the hieght from where the linkage connects to where the center of the shifter is... It actually shortens the distance that the shifter has to move to engage the gears.lol, did you miss the part about us using them on both our Honda Challenge cars? They are extra tall, and yes do have the added length below the pivot point to create a shorter throw...

i've cut and welded several stock shifters to equal the throw of the $100 "short" shifters but that's not what i want.

LS2ner
11-24-2005, 02:49 PM
got ya....i think = P