PDA

View Full Version : help with bleeding my clutch line.

DeeAOne
11-09-2010, 01:23 AM
im in the middle of converting my clutch to a hydro line instead of cable. i got the pedal and everything working with the master cylinder. i hooked up a temporary hard line to the clutch slave cylinder, filled the reservoir, and started pumping my pedal. i pumped at least a 100 times, and its still not building pressure. yes, i had the bleeder screw closed. im stumped. can anyone help? the master cylinder and slave cylinder are brand new.

any help is greatly appreciated!

-EnVus-
11-09-2010, 01:32 AM
make sure the lil plunger is pumping in the master cylinder

DeeAOne
11-09-2010, 01:49 AM
make sure the lil plunger is pumping in the master cylinder

i dont see why it wouldnt because its brand new. the plunger is working, but is the seal good inside, thats the question.

-EnVus-
11-09-2010, 01:52 AM
i dont see why it wouldnt because its brand new. the plunger is working, but is the seal good inside, thats the question.

Ok first try this Disconnect the feed line that goes to the slave from the master and hold your finger over it while a person slowly presses the clutch.
That will check for pressure and also tell it it is a constant pressure to the finger or weak.

DeeAOne
11-09-2010, 01:55 AM
i did test it without fluid like you described but ive yet to try it with fluid. i will have to do that tomorrow. i was all by myself tonight. thanks for the help.

-EnVus-
11-09-2010, 02:02 AM
i did test it without fluid like you described but ive yet to try it with fluid. i will have to do that tomorrow. i was all by myself tonight. thanks for the help.

lol yes do try it with fluid sorry i wasnt specific with that part

Marta Mike
11-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Im not sure how exactly you tried this, but the way i usually do it is to pump the clutch pedal, and while holding the clutch pedal down have someone else crack the line to release the air. Repeat until fluid squirts out. I would offer to help but warner robins is not close to my shop at all-lol

DeeAOne
11-09-2010, 09:12 PM
i did it the way you described, but the problem was i had to bench bleed it first. it had way too much air in the cylinder to do it the manual way. so i basically bled it out of the car, put it in, and finished bleeding out the rest.

learn something new everyday. :goodjob:

Marta Mike
11-10-2010, 04:56 PM
good to hear