PDA

View Full Version : Help car makes click noise

tuyen
11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
got an 01 integra gsr when i reverse it make a couple click noise and the same as going forward. the noise is coming from the area around the fender. my two guess are the gear or the wheel bearing. but if anybody ever have that issue lmk thanks.

-EnVus-
11-07-2010, 05:01 PM
usually the bearing or CV joint

Bacon
11-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Axle

tuyen
11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
so you guys think it not the tranmission.....

Bacon
11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Start simple and work your way down the list. Check your axle boots for rips or anything of the sort. Usually, an axle will make sounds in reverse or in turns or any kind of movement really.

tuyen
11-08-2010, 08:30 PM
just looked at the axle boots they are in good shape not rip or damage. im guessing it the wheels bearing but i could be wrong.

Start simple and work your way down the list. Check your axle boots for rips or anything of the sort. Usually, an axle will make sounds in reverse or in turns or any kind of movement really.

-EnVus-
11-08-2010, 09:17 PM
just looked at the axle boots they are in good shape not rip or damage. im guessing it the wheels bearing but i could be wrong.

jack the car up and see if the wheel has any play in it if it does then its the bearings

96project
11-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Mine did that and it was the bearings. Check em by doing what enVus said ^

Cynical 1
11-18-2010, 11:51 AM
my guess is the brake pad sliding around in the caliper.

honda had a tsb about this 10 or so years ago on the elements.

brake pad has too much clearance side to side in the caliper due to a faulty clip, and clicks in forward and reverse as the pad moves about in the caliper. same should apply to any vehicle that has a similar clearance issue...

deal with it, or replace the anti rattle clips and brake pads was honda's fix... may want to have a look at your brakes...