PDA

View Full Version : ef GSR prob!!!

jdmshytyo87
11-07-2010, 01:14 AM
ok can i use the 88-91 si harness on the gar motor its has a skunk2 intake the guy that wired mine up did a shity job and i was wondering if i could us that harness insted of this hacked up one? would i have to add any extra wireing to the si harness? and also would i have to get the si dash harness to..? it dose have a obdo to obd1 conversion harness for the computer!

Theycall_Metue
11-07-2010, 08:22 AM
your about to use a obd0 harness on a obd1-obd2 engine, your going to have to add wire no matter what, use a obd1 harness would be strongly recommended. would be best to use a integra harness and vtec would be a plus

Starrfire
11-07-2010, 10:42 AM
^^^you can't just plug an obd1 harness into an obd0 car.
To the op what trim is your car? if its an hf or si then yes you can use the si harness since its already mpfi, but if its a dx then I'm sure the previous owner hacked the harness up to do an mpfi conversion. also you'll have to rewire the distributor plug no matter what and wires must be added to go obd1, mainly the need to have a 4 wire o2, 4 injectors, and the obd1 distributor. There are also other wires that will have to be wired but if you buy a conversion harness most will have an extra bundle of wires that need to be wired up in order for the engine to work properly

jdmshytyo87
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
well its been converted to obd1 i just want my vtec presure switch and selnoid, knock sensor plugs to be wired into the harness like it came that way ya know. it just looks hacked i got another dx harness i just need some one to wire the injectors and those up neatly lol, plus money would be an issue, more like helpin a freind out ....

Scotsman
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
you have a pm