View Full Version : JL question or something of the sort.

Kasper
11-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Ok so im worken on the system for the 6 now.. and im looken at getting the JL mids and highs. only problem is im not sure which is a good choice.. they all look great on the stats but has anyone had any experience with hearing these? im looking at the C5's and the zr series.. i need 5x7 comp. in the front and regular 5x7's in the rear. im not sure what all i wanna do yet though. if theres any other ideas on a cheaper set up that will still sound really good lemme know. cause im always interested. thanks ya'll...

sina518
11-07-2010, 02:47 PM
C5's are a great speaker hands down, nice mid bass and a smooth silk tweeter. for the price i haven't heard much speakers that sound better, unless some one has a ton of money tied up into other things, like amps, sound dampening, processors, etc... zr's are also a great speaker, however zr have a metal tweeter making them more harsh and a touch brighter. this is not necessarily a bad thing just depends on what you listen to and how you listen to it. also you mention you need a 5x7 comp. I would recommend getting 6 1/2 and having a stereo shop make you some plates so 6 1/2 fit perfectly. also take a look at the jl audio c3 they sound very similar to a c5 set and cost a bit less. ( all this is based of my own experience and is strictly opinion ). Others will recommend there preference in brand and model, but also take into consideration the jl speakers all sound great out of the box. a decent amp and some sound dampening on the door is recommended....

westindian
11-12-2010, 10:09 AM
If your looking for a cheaper setup interior wise i would recommend the infintiy Kappa's or the Kappa Perfects. I truthfully love how crisp and clean the sound is on these speakers. Im not sure how they compare on price but i would say they should not be at the jl price. If you need to some i have opened my own shop. Just let me know