PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Flavored Coke... Mmm Mmmmm

Brett
11-15-2005, 12:03 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/15/news/funny/salmon_soda.reut/jones_holiday_sodas.03.jpg

SEATTLE (Reuters) - For beverage connoisseurs tired of turkey-and-gravy or green-beans-and-casserole-flavored sodas, there's a new choice being offered this year by specialty U.S. soda manufacturer Jones Soda Co.: salmon.

Jones Soda, the Seattle company that scored a hit during the last two holiday seasons with its turkey-and-gravy-flavored sodas, said it is offering the orange-hued fish-flavored drink this year in a nod to the Pacific Northwest's salmon catch.

"When you smell it, it's got that smoked salmon aroma," said Peter van Stolk, chief executive of Jones Soda.

The artificially flavored salmon soda will be offered as part of a $13 "regional holiday pack" that also includes other unusual sodas such as turkey & gravy, corn on the cob, broccoli casserole and pecan pie.

While those bottles will be offered locally, Jones Soda is also selling its similarly-priced "holiday pack" of turkey and gravy, wild herb stuffing, brussels sprouts, cranberry and pumpkin pie sodas across the country.

Thanksgiving, a U.S. holiday that falls on the fourth Thursday of November, typically features a dinner with turkey, gravy and other condiments.

Van Stolk, who built his Seattle-based soda company by selling traditional sodas as well as exotic flavors such as green apple, bubble gum and crushed melon, said that "the most important thing (about Jones Soda) is that we can laugh at ourselves."

Asked whether he liked his new salmon soda, van Stolk said: "I cannot finish a bottle, I just can't."

CRVTech
11-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Yeah. We had the bright idea at work to do a taste test for the thanksgiving dinner crap... People were gagging. It was beautiful.

5thgcelica
11-15-2005, 12:05 PM
nasty. thats all there is to say...nasty.

dereksi
11-15-2005, 12:07 PM
well shit Brett you drink diet cherry chocelate syrup soda. LOL thats nasty too.

Kristi
11-15-2005, 12:15 PM
i read that earlier - that is nasty

Brett
11-15-2005, 12:16 PM
well shit Brett you drink diet cherry chocelate syrup soda. LOL thats nasty too.

The chocolate cherry was good, I had a six pack of that shit :D

5thgcelica
11-15-2005, 12:16 PM

yea but see thats something you can actually drink

you dont drink salmon now do you?

Brett
11-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I wanna try a few of thier flavors. I bet the bubble gum is good.

5thgcelica
11-15-2005, 12:20 PM
I wanna try a few of thier flavors. I bet the bubble gum is good.

hrm... i bet it is..

now if only we could get them to make one that tastes like vagina. lol.

Tiff-O-Bitties
11-15-2005, 12:41 PM
ummm.. if i'm not mistaken.. they tried this last year..

The Golden Child
11-15-2005, 12:55 PM
salmon soda everyone come get it ..

wonder what other flavored sodas they have ..

freaking disgusting ..