PDA

View Full Version : Sports Vick is leader with a passer rating of 110.8 INSIDE THE POCKET.

VIP Style
11-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Manning is second(104.5), followed by Rivers(103.7) and Brees(95.7). Good to see the man turn his life around for the better. Lets see if he can keep up the success as the season goes on.

quickdodgeŽ
11-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Lolol. Later, QD.

VIP Style
11-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Lolol I knew I could get you to bite on this QD. Later, VS.
Lolol. Later, QD.

BanginJimmy
11-07-2010, 12:30 PM
take a look at who he has played against. That tells a large part of the story.

VIP Style
11-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah a Jaguars defense that beat manning and his colts, a good Packers team in which he brought his team back within striking distance, if the man is doing good, than give credit. Crazy how some dig for anything to down play the success of some. LOL whats the next excuse.
take a look at who he has played against. That tells a large part of the story.

quickdodgeŽ
11-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Crazy how some dig for anything to down play the success of some. LOL whats the next excuse.

Crazy, isn't it? Look in a mirror lately? Later, QD.

VIP Style
11-07-2010, 07:20 PM
yep, looked in it this morning. I dont mean to brag but I saw a fine, handsome, and strapping young man who is a hell of a dresser!
Crazy, isn't it? Look in a mirror lately? Later, QD.

BanginJimmy
11-10-2010, 09:58 PM
yep, looked in it this morning. I dont mean to brag but I saw a fine, handsome, and strapping young man who is a hell of a dresser!

Your boyfriend?

BanginJimmy
11-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah a Jaguars defense that beat manning and his colts, a good Packers team in which he brought his team back within striking distance, if the man is doing good, than give credit. Crazy how some dig for anything to down play the success of some. LOL whats the next excuse.

Packers was partly because of his ability and partly because the pack hadnt prepared for him. Also, the Packer's defense is right in the middle of the pack in the NFL, ranked at #14.

Jags, 26th ranked defense 28th ranked pass defense and 22nd ranked rush defense.

Lions, 23rd ranked defense. 26th against the rush and 22nd against the pass.

he was knocked out in the first quarter against the Skins.

Against Indy, he had a good game, especially considering it was his first back from injury, but the Colts defense is nothing special as they are ranked 19th overall.

VIP Style
11-11-2010, 05:12 PM
LOL very funny
Your boyfriend?

VIP Style
11-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Defensive rankings can be rather misleading, but I like to see black QB's do well because they catch far more critisism when doing bad than your traditional white pocket passer
Packers was partly because of his ability and partly because the pack hadnt prepared for him. Also, the Packer's defense is right in the middle of the pack in the NFL, ranked at #14.

Jags, 26th ranked defense 28th ranked pass defense and 22nd ranked rush defense.

Lions, 23rd ranked defense. 26th against the rush and 22nd against the pass.

he was knocked out in the first quarter against the Skins.

Against Indy, he had a good game, especially considering it was his first back from injury, but the Colts defense is nothing special as they are ranked 19th overall.

BanginJimmy
11-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Defensive rankings can be rather misleading, but I like to see black QB's do well because they catch far more critisism when doing bad than your traditional white pocket passer

And there you have boys and girls, the race card has been played.

Or should I say, played out.

VIP Style
11-11-2010, 05:47 PM
huh? how is that playing the race card? please explain.
And there you have boys and girls, the race card has been played.

Or should I say, played out.

BanginJimmy
11-11-2010, 09:23 PM

huh? how is that playing the race card? please explain.

Need any other explanation?

VIP Style
11-11-2010, 09:45 PM
hmph, sorry but I still dont see anything racist about that statement at all. That is my opinion based on what I have seen through out the careers of some black QB's. Thats just how it is man.
Need any other explanation?

BanginJimmy
11-11-2010, 10:29 PM
why dont you post up some examples then.

quickdodgeŽ
11-12-2010, 07:28 PM
why dont you post up some examples then.

I've seen lots and lots of white QBs get their shares of criticisms. The race card has been laid out. I don't really see any reason to continue a conversation based on ignorance. Later, QD.

BanginJimmy
11-13-2010, 06:45 PM
I've seen lots and lots of white QBs get their shares of criticisms. The race card has been laid out. I don't really see any reason to continue a conversation based on ignorance. Later, QD.

Good point, but I do like to see stupid people show their true colors.

VIP Style
11-16-2010, 12:16 AM
LOL man shut your smarty pants tail up, I knew you would try and blow that statement out of proportion. Sound like a dang democrat(lol), always accusing somebody of playing the race card.
Good point, but I do like to see stupid people show their true colors.

5speed
11-16-2010, 12:27 AM
My name is Antonio Tyler Novak and I approve FairTax...maybe. Gotta check that shit out and educate myself more. I understand the concept.

Sinfix_15
11-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Tom Brady is not impressed.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/michael_rosenberg/09/24/brady/Tom-Brady.jpg

VIP Style
11-16-2010, 02:04 AM
LOL brady should be impressed with that beat down vick and the eagles gave to the redskins! I must admit that was good ol vintage tom brady sunday night against the steelers.
Tom Brady is not impressed.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/michael_rosenberg/09/24/brady/Tom-Brady.jpg

BanginJimmy
11-16-2010, 07:01 PM
LOL brady should be impressed with that beat down vick and the eagles gave to the redskins! I must admit that was good ol vintage tom brady sunday night against the steelers.

Vick was outstanding last night and I just might have to re-evaluate his talents on the field. He is 3x the QB he ever was in Atlanta.

And tell how your comment was NOT playing the race card.

VIP Style
11-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Look Bangin, I did not feel that my statement was racist, but you may have felt that it was and I respect that because everyone is entitled to their opinion based on how they interpret something stated by another. I am not at all racist and have great respect for every race on this earth. I would like to put this issue to rest and apologize if you felt offended by my previous statements.
Vick was outstanding last night and I just might have to re-evaluate his talents on the field. He is 3x the QB he ever was in Atlanta.

And tell how your comment was NOT playing the race card.

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2010, 08:16 PM

I agree. But I have always, stated, even when he was a shitty (QB) with Atlanta that he has the potential to be a good, if not great, QB. He was NEVER a good, full time QB here. He was a good player, though. There is a difference.

Look Bangin, I did not feel that my statement was racist, but you may have felt that it was and I respect that because everyone is entitled to their opinion based on how they interpret something stated by another. I am not at all racist and have great respect for every race on this earth. I would like to put this issue to rest and apologize if you felt offended by my previous statements.

It just seems that you're always (and have always been) anti-Matt Ryan and pro-Vick. You've always stood up for Vick as if you were a secret admirer of his or something and were quick to give Ryan the boot when he took over as Atlanta QB. Never giving him props on their good fortune since he took the helm. I've seen you credit the coach and other players, but never Vick. Right now, as it stands, Ryan is THE best QB that the Falcons have had in over a decade. That's my only take on that "issue." No offense on my end was made. It just seems like you're a little obsessed with Vick. Later, QD.

VIP Style
11-16-2010, 08:30 PM
yes I will admit that I was a bit more pid on Ryan, because he looked at me like "why are you speaking to me" when I ran into him at the mall and I honestly felt that he was overrated when folks started trying to label him as elite. As far as vick is concerned, yes I am a fan no doubt, but I was very disgusted at how he did arthur blank and the franchise. How stupid could you be to shit on all that was given to him ya know?
I agree. But I have always, stated, even when he was a shitty (QB) with Atlanta that he has the potential to be a good, if not great, QB. He was NEVER a good, full time QB here. He was a good player, though. There is a difference.

It just seems that you're always (and have always been) anti-Matt Ryan and pro-Vick. You've always stood up for Vick as if you were a secret admirer of his or something and were quick to give Ryan the boot when he took over as Atlanta QB. Never giving him props on their good fortune since he took the helm. I've seen you credit the coach and other players, but never Vick. Right now, as it stands, Ryan is THE best QB that the Falcons have had in over a decade. That's my only take on that "issue." No offense on my end was made. It just seems like you're a little obsessed with Vick. Later, QD.

VIP Style
11-16-2010, 08:32 PM
I will admit though, Ryan is definitely on his way to being top tier as a QB in the NFL. LOL but I still dont think he is better than vick......

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2010, 08:45 PM
I honestly felt that he was overrated when folks started trying to label him as elite.

I'm right with you on that. In fact, I felt that way the entire first season. I was the first on here to say let's see what happens next season. I wouldn't say he is elite yet, but he seems to be well on his way there.

I will admit though, Ryan is definitely on his way to being top tier as a QB in the NFL. LOL but I still dont think he is better than vick......

Honestly, I don't think either of the two are better than the other. The only thing Vick has over Ryan is his rushing ability. Other than that, I see them as being pretty even. I do realize that Vick had a great game last night, but you have to do as you did with Ryan and see how long that lasts. Anyone can have THAT game, you know. THAT game where they have a best game of their career. We'll see how it goes down the road. Later, QD.

VIP Style
11-16-2010, 08:50 PM
yeah your right. Hell Ryan had a record day against the ravens as well just as vick did against the skins. I just think its so crazy how vick is sitting on top RIGHT NOW considering how alot of people really did not expect him to be doing this well.
I'm right with you on that. In fact, I felt that way the entire first season. I was the first on here to say let's see what happens next season. I wouldn't say he is elite yet, but he seems to be well on his way there.

Honestly, I don't think either of the two are better than the other. The only thing Vick has over Ryan is his rushing ability. Other than that, I see them as being pretty even. I do realize that Vick had a great game last night, but you have to do as you did with Ryan and see how long that lasts. Anyone can have THAT game, you know. THAT game where they have a best game of their career. We'll see how it goes down the road. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I just think its so crazy how vick is sitting on top RIGHT NOW considering how alot of people really did not expect him to be doing this well.

I agree. I'm one of those people. Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
11-16-2010, 11:42 PM
The Eagles have most of the NFL's worst teams right now on their schedule. Vick is doing much better than i would have ever imagined him doing this early in his return, but i think its way to soon to speak of them as a superbowl contender.

BanginJimmy
11-17-2010, 05:13 PM

I never once said your comment was racist. I sid you were playing the race card in saying that Vick was getting extra critism because he is black.

Your exact quote:

Again, how is that NOT playing the race card?

VIP Style
11-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Half the season is left which means it is waayyy too early to name any team as a superbowl contender. I tell you what would make a great NFC championship game, the falcons taking on the eagles.
The Eagles have most of the NFL's worst teams right now on their schedule. Vick is doing much better than i would have ever imagined him doing this early in his return, but i think its way to soon to speak of them as a superbowl contender.

VIP Style
11-17-2010, 08:21 PM
I dont recall saying vick was catching critisism because he is black. Good QB's that are black is something you don't see much of, so yes I believe it is great to see one doing well. Like I said in one of my previous statements, I apologize for offending you or anyone else who may have felt I was pulling the race card. Can we put this issue to rest now?
I never once said your comment was racist. I sid you were playing the race card in saying that Vick was getting extra critism because he is black.

Your exact quote:

Again, how is that NOT playing the race card?

BanginJimmy
11-17-2010, 09:45 PM
I dont recall saying vick was catching critisism because he is black. Good QB's that are black is something you don't see much of, so yes I believe it is great to see one doing well. Like I said in one of my previous statements, I apologize for offending you or anyone else who may have felt I was pulling the race card. Can we put this issue to rest now?

I just quoted you saying that yet you still dont see it?

Greddypacked
11-20-2010, 10:55 AM
The Eagles vs Atlanta in Atl. will be awesome. If im not working I will tune in b4 kickoff and check out if they BOOO... Vick now like they used to when he comes on the field. Regardless Vick is doing great and earns the respect of being a great player.

Sinfix_15
11-20-2010, 11:28 AM

Nothing wrong with what you said. People need to quit being such crybabies about race. If something is true its true, regardless of who it offends. Traditionally, black QBs do not fair well in the NFL. It's not racism, its a fact. There's also nothing wrong with you pulling for a black QB.... this is nothing new in sports. Look at boxing.... people pull for their race as if it were a team. Mexicans, Ricans, Italians all support their fighters. Nothing wrong with it. I like to see white guys do well in sports, doesnt make me think any less of the others.

I do think Vick catches some extra slack, but not because he is black. His criminal history makes me not a fan of his. I love my dogs and the thought of someone killing them for entertainment is sickening.

quickdodgeŽ
11-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Regardless Vick is doing great and earns the respect of being a great player.

Not yet, man. This is that band-wagon thinking. He has a good few games and then a career game (against the 'Skins) and all of a sudden he is a great QB? No sir, homey. When he becomes the regular starter and consistently has good games, THEN you can start that "great QB" noise. Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
11-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Not yet, man. This is that band-wagon thinking. He has a good few games and then a career game (against the 'Skins) and all of a sudden he is a great QB? No sir, homey. When he becomes the regular starter and consistently has good games, THEN you can start that "great QB" noise. Later, QD.

amen.

and great QBs have these....
http://www.posters.ws/images/358821/joe_montana_with_superbowl_rings_photofile.jpg

BanginJimmy
11-21-2010, 11:34 AM
and great QBs have these....
http://www.posters.ws/images/358821/joe_montana_with_superbowl_rings_photofile.jpg

So you dont consider Dan Marino a great QB?

quickdodgeŽ
11-21-2010, 11:38 AM
So you dont consider Dan Marino a great QB?

Hail yeah! Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkington also are among the great QB's with no Super Bowls. Later, QD.

VIP Style
11-23-2010, 06:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hill/101123
I just quoted you saying that yet you still dont see it?

BanginJimmy
11-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Pay attention to reality and get off the race crap.

Jamarcus Russell sucked in his short NFL career. That is why he was criticized.

Vince Young has been terrible this year, thats why he was benched for the 4th or 5th time in 3 years. He throws a temper tantrum like a spoiled 3 year old and now hes being picked on because he is black?

McNabb has been hot and cold his whole career. He has been nothing more than an above average QB for his entire career. Yes, he went to a bunch of NFL champ games and a SB. He hasnt played all that well in any of those games. Here are his career stats. Above average yes, but nothing special.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1753

and yes, your post proves you were pulling the race card. Just like the author of that half assed article was. The author is blaming Young's constant issues on Fisher because Fisher didnt want Young to start with? Come on now, grow up.

Where was this author's, or any other author's list of QB's who never never made it? Where are the articles about David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart? Those 3 QB's have been benched more times than Russel and Young combined have played in.

If you do want a case where a black QB was disregarded based on his race, do some reading about Doug Williams. Calling these current cases race related should be insulting to him.

quickdodgeŽ
11-28-2010, 05:49 PM
The Bears defense sure put a stop to the Eagles offense this evening, lolol. Later, QD.

nreggie454
11-28-2010, 06:00 PM
The Bears defense sure put a stop to the Eagles offense this evening, lolol. Later, QD.
Vick also threw his first interception of the season.

Yay.

quickdodgeŽ
11-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Vick also threw his first interception of the season.

Yay.

I saw that, too, lolol. I'm glad the Bears are roughing them up. And, to anyone that may refer to me a "Vick hater," it has nothing to do with him. I've never liked the Eagles. I didn't like them when McNabb was QB-ing them. I didn't like them when Cunningham was QB-ing them. I didn't even like them when Jaworski (most won't know who that is) was QB-ing them. Later, QD.

Ziptied
11-28-2010, 07:39 PM
I didn't even like them when Jaworski (most won't know who that is) was QB-ing them. Later, QD.

Haha, me either! And, unfortunately, I work with his son.

BanginJimmy
11-28-2010, 09:26 PM
I saw that, too, lolol. I'm glad the Bears are roughing them up. And, to anyone that may refer to me a "Vick hater," it has nothing to do with him. I've never liked the Eagles. I didn't like them when McNabb was QB-ing them. I didn't like them when Cunningham was QB-ing them. I didn't even like them when Jaworski (most won't know who that is) was QB-ing them. Later, QD.

How could you not like Jaws?

I agree with you though, I cant stand the Beagles.

quickdodgeŽ
11-28-2010, 09:54 PM
How could you not like Jaws?

I agree with you though, I cant stand the Beagles.

I never said I didn't like him. I worded it the way I did to show that even though I liked Jaworski, I still didn't like the Eagles. Lolol. Later, QD.