PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods semi built mini me setup questions!

4g638u
11-05-2010, 10:50 PM
ok here's what parts i have now...

crower stage 2 cam and springs/retainers
d15b7 shortblock
d16z6 head
blox intake manifold
no name header
ls throttle body

my question is .... headgasket choice and milling the head. I have read many people safely milling 45 thousandths off of honda heads and being ok.

without milling the head and running the stock d16z6 headgasket my specs are gonna be:

10.22 cr
.002 piston to deck height

milling the head puts me to :

11.54 cr
-.043 piston to deck height

milling the head and removing the middle layer of headgasket puts me at:

11.96 cr
-.043 piston to deck

will it work with both the head milled and the thinner head gasket? do i need to clay the motor or anything or am i still ok? im no professional engine builder here but have built several motors, just never any quite this high of compression. this car will run 93 octane always and be getting tuned... i just dont want any interferences. thanks IA

98blackcivic
11-06-2010, 02:08 AM
when u do it...then come back

Red_EJ1
11-08-2010, 10:50 PM
11.5 is what im running.. my heads a lil more tweaked than yours but I love my motor handles 5.0 mustangs just fine. But I will say this, if I were you I would go with a complete z6 bottom end. And get some pistons for that, for a better stroke to to bore ratio. I just got done with my na d series build, it has more than what you listed including some custom je pistons,that cost more than I care to mention lol. but ya go for either 11.5 or 11.9