PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Stretched Tires must Die

-EnVus-
11-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Wow i counted around 8 cars passing me by today on the roads with extreme Tire stretching. All i have to say is i never nor will ever like this fad and if GA had a Stretch tire Law come up a lot of Cry babies would appear....I hope you fuck up your rims !!:taun:
How you gonna take anew set of $500-800 rims and leave the Lip hanging for damage WTF!

http://i53.tinypic.com/16knwgg.jpg

SUBY_RUE
11-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Right on! Must die....

nreggie454
11-05-2010, 10:04 PM
I agree that it looks stupid, but I could care less if somebody has them on their car.

Scotsman
11-06-2010, 08:53 AM
mine are streched a lil , but not that extreme

Bacon
11-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Let them curb their wheels one good time.....they'll learn.

Logan
11-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Who cares.

I'm guessing you drive a Civic right?

I saw 8 civics driving around today.

Some people like stretched tires, some people like Civics. It's just a personal style preference.

I don't mind stretched tires, but the whole Hella Flush thing....:headslap:

-EnVus-
11-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Who cares.

I'm guessing you drive a Civic right?

I saw 8 civics driving around today.

Some people like stretched tires, some people like Civics. It's just a personal style preference.

I don't mind stretched tires, but the whole Hella Flush thing....:headslap:

See thats just it the ones who mostly wanna go stretched think they must be Stanced or hella flush to pull it off. Might not be as bad if they just had regular setup non stanced or flush with stretched. When i see it stretched and stance to where i see 4 inches or rim just poking with a shinny lip ready to be ruined thats stupid.

Scotsman
11-06-2010, 07:22 PM
or... they know how to drive.

Logan
11-06-2010, 07:22 PM
You know, on second thought, I don't know where I stand on the subject. I really like the Japanese "bippu" style. But then again, some stretched tires look horrid.

For example, I think stretched tires on big bodied sedans looks great. But on certain smaller cars or sports cars, it doesn't look so hot IMO.

I guess it is the application.

-EnVus-
11-06-2010, 07:24 PM
You know, on second thought, I don't know where I stand on the subject. I really like the Japanese "bippu" style. But then again, some stretched tires look horrid.

For example, I think stretched tires on big bodied sedans looks great. But on certain smaller cars or sports cars, it doesn't look so hot IMO.

I guess it is the application.

LOL yeah there is an epidemic out right now for some reason FWD cars wanna try pulling off the RWD stanced look...

Scotsman
11-06-2010, 07:24 PM
eh

Logan
11-06-2010, 07:28 PM
eh

I still <3 your car no worries

<3 <3 <3

-EnVus-
11-06-2010, 07:30 PM
eh

Yours is fine Robert, its the extreme stretch like the photo i posted i hate lol
When the wheels start looking like fukin donut rofl

whoaitzbrain
11-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I like stretched tires if done correctly and I would lmao to see that shit on some cheap ass $500 rotas! I usually see it done more like on $ 2,000 wheels. I don't think It's a "fad" although it may be somewhat new to some people in Georgia. This shit has been going on in Europe probably before most these young ass kids on here were even born. You are correct though sir, if your gonna do it...at least DO IT RIGHT....All this mexi-poke ZERO OFFSET bullshit on hondas needs to go. At least DO SOME RESEARCH ON OFFSET BEFORE YOU GO BUY ANY KIND OF LOW OFFSET WHEEL. Just cuz its zero offset doesnt mean SHIT! Thats the problem, most these clowns that attempt it and fail just don't understand offset. Have fun throwing out your wheels bearings too lol! Anyway, good topic none the less! :cheers:

Bacon
11-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I like stretched tires if done correctly. Hopefully people don't go stretching tires on some $500 cheap ass wheels, i would lmao to see that shit on some rotas! I usually see it done more like on $ 2,000 wheels. I don't think It's a "fad" either. It may be somewhat new to Georgia, but this shit has been going on in Europe probably before most these young ass kids on here were even born. You are correct though sir, if your gonna do it...at least DO IT RIGHT....All this mexi-poke ZERO OFFSET bullshit on hondas needs to go. DO SOME RESEARCH ON ZERO OFFSET BEFORE YOU GO BUY SOME. Just cuz its zero offset doesnt mean SHIT! Thats the problem! Most people just dont even understand offset. Anyway, good topic none the less! :cheers:

What does it matter the cost of the wheels? $2k dollar wheels look like shit with stretched tires just like $400 Rotas.

whoaitzbrain
11-06-2010, 08:43 PM
What does it matter the cost of the wheels? $2k dollar wheels look like shit with stretched tires just like $400 Rotas.

at least with a 3 piece wheel it looks better, just my opinion.... im just tired of seeing rotas period.

-EnVus-
11-06-2010, 08:46 PM
This shit has been going on in Europe probably before most these young ass kids on here were even born. :cheers:
That is due to in Europe it is illegal for a car to have tire poke over the lip its ridiculous of a law. Also it originated with the VW guys they started the stretching...

Bacon
11-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Three piece wheels or one piece wheels....Rotas or Volks....your or mine

Tire stretch is tire stretch. Regardless of make or cost, it's a waste of money and tires.....my opinion.

-EnVus-
11-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Three piece wheels or one piece wheels....Rotas or Volks....your or mine

Tire stretch is tire stretch. Regardless of make or cost, it's a waste of money and tires.....my opinion.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/eurowner/stretchgonebad.jpg

whoaitzbrain
11-06-2010, 08:55 PM
That is due to in Europe it is illegal for a car to have tire poke over the lip its ridiculous of a law. Also it originated with the VW guys they started the stretching...

true dat...imagine if we had that law here for our cars/trucks. All the rednecks and mexicans would shit a brick lol.

whoaitzbrain
11-06-2010, 08:58 PM
i rode around stretched for awhile...nothing bad ever happend/nor did it wear out my tires, i just got tired of ppl trying to jack my shit so now im on oem.

-EnVus-
11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
true dat...imagine if we had that law here for our cars/trucks. All the rednecks and mexicans would shit a brick lol.

Rednecks already caught the bug also.....:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::screwy:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2u5e73p.jpg

whoaitzbrain
11-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Rednecks already caught the bug also.....:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::screwy:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2u5e73p.jpg

HAHAHHA now THATS hella-poke

ATK_Designs
11-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Gotta pay to play.

pshhh. Stretched tires on 1K wheels are nothing, stretched tires on 2K wheels are nothing, stretched tires on 3K wheels are nothing. Stretched tires on 5K wheels are something. :taun:

I stretch on one set of my wheels and not on the other set. So which do you prefer? :crazy:

driftORdrag
11-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Really!?

Who cares? If someone wants to stretch their tires what can you really do about it? If you pay for their tires that's a different story, but I'm sure you don't. People could dislike your car for your choice in wheel/tire sizes or other things but at the end of the day if you like what you did to your car will you change it? Oh, didn't think so. Now-a-days people are more interested in being car critics instead of car enthusiasts.

quickdodgeŽ
11-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Now-a-days people are more interested in being car critics instead of car enthusiasts.

Maybe people should quit driving/showing off their cars if they don't want to be criticized about them. People have always been car critics. It just hasn't started "now-a-days." And actually, people are more interested in following fad. Later, QD.

allout13
11-07-2010, 10:31 AM
lol at the people in this thread who obviously have trouble avoiding curbs

Catnip
11-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Stretched is ugly, huh?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/juzteen/car%20stuff/IMG_0389.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/juzteen/car%20stuff/IMG_0876.jpg

Don't mind the tape, the owner was test fitting the molding.

whoaitzbrain
11-07-2010, 11:51 AM
lol at the people in this thread who obviously have trouble avoiding curbs
Lol! What can u do, always gotta be a fuckin hater on IA.

quickdodgeŽ
11-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Stretched is ugly, huh?

Pretty much.

Lol! What can u do, always gotta be a fuckin hater on IA.

Also a lot of people that don't know the actual definition of a "hater," you know? Later, QD.

-EnVus-
11-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Catnip those tires were only stretched a little and it clearly was only done to clear the fender enough lol
I am talking about REAL stretch the shit that getting more common...:sicks::sicks:

http://i56.tinypic.com/21459ua.jpg

cartune
11-07-2010, 02:42 PM
what about this?

http://www.canibeat.com/2010/10/absolutely-hammered-continued/

Logan
11-07-2010, 03:14 PM

I think you got some bad information on that one dude.

The reason they stretch tires in European countries is because of a law that in some countries you can't put a tire more than 2 sizes larger than OEM tire size.

Everyone wanted nice aftermarket wheels that came in wider sizes, but they couldn't put tires much wider than what came OEM. That is how tire stretching was born. It has a pretty rich history in the tuning scene much older than most of the imports on this site....It has just recently started to make a splash state-side, however.

-EnVus-
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I think you got some bad information on that one dude.

The reason they stretch tires in European countries is because of a law that in some countries you can't put a tire more than 2 sizes larger than OEM tire size.

Everyone wanted nice aftermarket wheels that came in wider sizes, but they couldn't put tires much wider than what came OEM. That is how tire stretching was born. It has a pretty rich history in the tuning scene much older than most of the imports on this site....It has just recently started to make a splash state-side, however.

Yeah i did i was referring to something else like this...but it did start with VW's
why do stretched tires?
- well the whole thing started in germany/belgium, local laws required that the tire tread be within the fender line. well that doesnt allow one to run wider or lower offset wheels, so they put narrower tires on the wheel to maintain legality

- when you would like to run really wide or low offset wheels and keep the tire tread at the fender

- when you would like to go really low and not rub
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2234638

quickdodgeŽ
11-07-2010, 04:39 PM
There's actually no real telling of who/where it started. The Japanese having being doing it for years as well to get around paying a lot of money for expensive tires. They would buy cheaper tires and have them stretched over the wider rims for the effect. Later, QD.

msanch24
11-07-2010, 04:53 PM
what about this?

http://www.canibeat.com/2010/10/absolutely-hammered-continued/

NO.

-EnVus-
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rqbncz.jpg

Echonova
11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Stretch vagina, not tires.

Scotsman
11-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Stretch vagina, not tires.something you havent done yet............

-EnVus-
11-07-2010, 06:13 PM
something you havent done yet............

lololol kev is big american man his wife is very spoiled

Scotsman
11-07-2010, 06:15 PM
lololol kev is big american man his wife is very spoiledhe is not that big , i promise , atleast thats what my wife told me...........

-EnVus-
11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
he is not that big , i promise , atleast thats what my wife told me...........

wow.............................

Scotsman
11-07-2010, 06:18 PM
thats what my wife said

whoaitzbrain
11-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Hahahah :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

NOVAisFRE$H
11-15-2010, 11:32 PM
i always find it interesting to hear the origin of fads.