PDA

View Full Version : radiator reservoir over fill

jdm eg6
10-31-2010, 11:40 PM
i recently did a b20b swap and my radiator reservior gets over fill after i drive car.. and my upper radiator hose shrinks.. i already got all the air out of the cooling system and change the thermostat. also i checked for leaks and nothing.. is it because the upper hose needs to be change:thinking: or do i need a new radiator idk i need help

-EnVus-
10-31-2010, 11:43 PM
i recently did a b20b swap and my radiator reservior gets over fill after i drive car.. and my upper radiator hose shrinks.. i already got all the air out of the cooling system and change the thermostat. also i check for leaks and nothing.. is it because the upper hose needs to be change:thinking: or do i need a new radiator idk i need help

The upper hose shouldn't be shrinking sounds like maybe the Radiator could use a flushing or at worst replacement. Also if its been shrinking the hose you may wanna replace that do from wear and tear of expanding then shrinking.

.:Stirfry:.
11-01-2010, 11:33 AM
get a new cap. the spring in the cap is probably to weak. did you pressure test the cap thats on it now.

jdm eg6
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
The upper hose shouldn't be shrinking sounds like maybe the Radiator could use a flushing or at worst replacement. Also if its been shrinking the hose you may wanna replace that do from wear and tear of expanding then shrinking.

i replace the upper radiator hose this morning and it keeps doing it.. but either way it need to be replace.. thanks reppss

jdm eg6
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
get a new cap. the spring in the cap is probably to weak. did you pressure test the cap thats on it now.

no i havent tested the cap but that seens to be the problem because is not holding any pressure and it sents the coolant to the reservoir thanks for the help hopefuly thats causing problem
repps

.:Stirfry:.
11-01-2010, 03:53 PM
yep no prob man.

deondre
12-03-2010, 01:12 AM
did you get it fixed yet? im having the exact same problem?!?! :(