PDA

View Full Version : General Chat What you dont want to see anymore in 2011....

JITB
10-31-2010, 04:22 PM
2010 is rounding up...and 11 is almost here! So i want to know what you all dont want to see car wise anymore in 2011...

-EnVus-
10-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Slammed Stanced Hondas it just doesn't work with small cars...

quickdodgeŽ
10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Slammed Stanced Hondas it just doesn't work with small cars...

I disagree. Big time. It works perfectly well. But it's usually the other crap done to those Hondas that takes away from it.

I'd love to see painted wheels go away. Later, QD.

big mac
10-31-2010, 07:48 PM
the whole stance with negative camber and such

-EnVus-
10-31-2010, 07:52 PM
The stretching tires shit...

http://i56.tinypic.com/14tlzld.png

Echonova
10-31-2010, 11:05 PM
"Graffiti-ed" hoods
Sticker-ed lips/spoilers
Blue painters tape on the front of a car driving to a show
Splatter paint

That's pretty much it.

Let each guy do his own thing, I like some of the original things these guys come up with. But if that guy happens to be the guy that follows everyone else, doesn't affect my life. Rock on brotha.

-EnVus-
10-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Also the Rusted look has gotta go i mean its sad when new cars are trying to roll with a rusted gloss hood or trunk = :gay:
and anything to do with the ROGUE interiors and decals...

silversol
11-01-2010, 12:29 AM
all the above! painted wheels, streched tires, wire tucks, wired pained bays, primer is not cool, 240sx's, stickers, people in the hobby under 20 years of age, the slamed look, bike racks, steel wheels pained, kids with stolen swap/parts that think its no big deal, stupid kids at meets,lowballers,bmw bottle caps, yeah the hobby has really gone down hill should i keep going?

Bacon
11-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Not like any of its gonna change anyways but I'd have to agree with the stretched tire shit. Waste of money.

BIG WORM
11-01-2010, 04:56 AM
taking out the power steering and A/C...
It's so stupid and unpractical..
If you don't want P/S and A/C buy a bike....

JITB
11-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Tire stretching has been around so long I doubt that's ever going away, I think aggressive fitment is here to stay.

98blackcivic
11-01-2010, 11:47 AM
thankfully my car doesnt follow any of these trends except the deletion of PS and AC

next yr i dont want to see any 240s..lol

TARZAN
11-01-2010, 09:47 PM
The stretching tires shit...

http://i56.tinypic.com/14tlzld.png

This. I hate it.

-Will

quickdodgeŽ
11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
taking out the power steering and A/C...
It's so stupid and unpractical...

Completely disagree.

Tire stretching has been around so long I doubt that's ever going away,

Hasn't really been here that long. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
11-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Hasn't really been here that long. Later, QD.

x2 I didn't ever start seeing or hearing about it till first of last year then it just EXPLODED!

Hatmanafro
11-02-2010, 10:00 AM
i dont like graffity hoods or graffity anything on a car really.. dosent look right to me. other than that i pretty much like everything else.

Nick Jeezy
11-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Broke ass hondas.

nreggie454
11-02-2010, 11:37 AM
x2 I didn't ever start seeing or hearing about it till first of last year then it just EXPLODED!
It has been in the Euro scene for quite some time.

I'd like to see Graffiti hoods gone as well, but everything else I disagree with I can attribute to having different tastes. Graffiti hoods never look good, though.

00 blk G20t
11-02-2010, 01:43 PM
THINGS I DO WANT TO SEE.....

1. more classic cars ( classic Ferrari, Porsche,BMW, Mercedes) rocking newer car motor swaps.
2. Integra del sol conversion (this was actually the fate of my first integra...a project i bit off more than i could chew.)
3. electric powered cars.....
4. diesel swaps.....
5. awd S2000 and NSX
6. imported early EVOS and STIs
7.VQ37 swaps into sentras and G20s
8.female enthusiast.
9.custom homemade parts from enthusiast (if you can dream it you can make it.)
10.supercharged and turbo charged cars. (duel charging)

THINGS I DO NOT WANT TO SEE.
1.stretched tires
2.splatter paint
3.different color engine bays
4.another fast and furious movie or a movie about the stanced and the serious.
5.people follow all the trends (be yourself. do you)
6.stolen cars and people that know this is the way their "friends" make money. enthusiast back down to these thiefs by going for the clean sleeper look.....face it your car still looks stock with some wheels...god only knows what you have missing to make it that low.
7. cut spring bouncy cars.....ebay coilovers etc....
8.dyno/trailer queen cars.
9.overdone stickers.
10.vending machine on wheels.

i can dig people wanting to change up things on cars....really its all good....i just hate it when everyone wants the same thing and the guy that wants to be a little different and not follow the trends gets looked at like hes a fool........if everyone wanted catalog cars think how boring it would be......i like spoon and all that just as much as the next guy but you have to draw the line somewhere.....i want to see more like it was back in 2000...

Bacon
11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Also would have to agree with the rust thing.

veersixin
11-03-2010, 06:37 PM
no more shaved bays

nreggie454
11-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't see a problem with the look of tucked bays. I can imagine that it could be a PITA if something goes wrong and you have to access the wiring or other tucked lines.

gtrmonkey
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
No more gay SR20's!

elliot91
11-04-2010, 09:37 PM
rims bigger than 20", and people that dont know what they are doing with their cars and just throw a muffler on the back and some subs in the trunk. but thats not likely.

1SICKLEX
11-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Staggered wheels on FWD cars..especially huge rear lips...

IN 2011 I'm going to start asking them to do burnouts at meets. :D

Mista Foe-Doe
11-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Tire stretching has been around so long I doubt that's ever going away, I think aggressive fitment is here to stay.

i agree...

driftORdrag
11-07-2010, 10:25 AM
People complaining about 'stance' and stretched tires.

nreggie454
11-07-2010, 09:00 PM
People complaining about 'stance' and stretched tires.

I don't like it when people are misleading with their thread titles and usernames. For example, there could be some guy that posts an "All Motor Build - NA BEAST" thread, when it is just a Civic with stock B18C swap. Or there could be somebody with a username like Driftordrag, but owns a car that is good for neither drifting nor drag racing.

FreeMyndz
11-08-2010, 11:12 AM
stupid trends...or just trends in general

Genji-Sama
11-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Matte black cars, rusted cars, 24"s on hondas and other economy cars, vehicles with HIDs, but no projectors and mustangs :yes:

msanch24
11-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't like it when people are misleading with their thread titles and usernames. For example, there could be some guy that posts an "All Motor Build - NA BEAST" thread, when it is just a Civic with stock B18C swap. Or there could be somebody with a username like Driftordrag, but owns a car that is good for neither drifting nor drag racing.
:lmao:

alpine_aw11
11-15-2010, 12:36 AM
The only thing I want people to stop doing is putting chinese shit HID kits in their pos imports. Use the money to buy something that isn't endangering others. As far as all the other things people do that I hate, fuck it. Everyone should continue doing their own thing in 2011 just like 2010.

Bacon
11-15-2010, 06:02 AM
I have a request.....

.....PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN THE TRUE DEFINITION OF JDM!!!!!! CF lips are not JDM. CF duckbills are not JDM. Amber corners are not JDM. If you have foglights on your Civic and they don't say Stanley or Raybrig, guess what......THEY'RE NOT JDM!!!

NJSC
11-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Boom! That just happened.
I'd also like to see a bit of a increased following in the euro market in this area.

NOVAisFRE$H
11-15-2010, 11:16 PM

shyttteeeeee

NOVAisFRE$H
11-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Mustangs i could do without seeing haha

5speed
11-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Boom! That just happened.
I'd also like to see a bit of a increased following in the euro market in this area.

I love Euro...just cant afford it anymore

Sinfix_15
11-16-2010, 02:15 AM
Big wings on FWD cars. Cracked fiberglass repaired with zip ties. stuffed animals hanging from tow hooks. tow hooks. front lips that dont fit. tacky colored rims. Cars with no front bumpers. super stretched tires. balls hanging from your hitch. Stickers on your windshield that say stupid unrelated bullshit like "illest" or "still hood". S2000s with dumbass body kits that make them look like transformers (Yes, im talking about that blue one). Ricers. "Drift" cars.

elliot91
11-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Big wings on FWD cars. Cracked fiberglass repaired with zip ties. stuffed animals hanging from tow hooks. tow hooks. front lips that dont fit. tacky colored rims. Cars with no front bumpers. super stretched tires. balls hanging from your hitch. Stickers on your windshield that say stupid unrelated bullshit like "illest" or "still hood". S2000s with dumbass body kits that make them look like transformers (Yes, im talking about that blue one). Ricers. "Drift" cars.
:yes:

NOVAisFRE$H
11-16-2010, 12:01 PM

what he said

silversol
11-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Any Ia member that joined after 2007 or under 20 years of age. And any other stupid trend thats sure to show up this year!

NOVAisFRE$H
11-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Any Ia member that joined after 2007 or under 20 years of age. And any other stupid trend thats sure to show up this year!

uh oh

silversol
11-16-2010, 07:58 PM
^^ True story

Sinfix_15
11-18-2010, 09:01 AM

Seems like you would want more people to join, this forum isnt exactly live and jumpin. I agree on the teenagers. Banning the word "trade" from the classifieds wouldnt be a bad idea either.

big mac
11-18-2010, 09:13 AM
i say people that complain how others build their cars

NOVAisFRE$H
11-18-2010, 12:10 PM
^^ True story

:)

Echonova
11-18-2010, 02:10 PM
People that refer to the scene as a game.

"y0 bro. I'm getting back into the Honda game bro. Come at me."

Bacon
11-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Thieves. Wish they would find another way to make a living. Not like that will ever happen.

DA9_Vito
11-22-2010, 03:48 AM
yea what he said.

revenge
11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
I DONT WANT TO SEE BLACK PAINTED HOODS TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK THAT IT IS CARBON.

ezone
11-22-2010, 01:27 PM
to each his own let them do what ever the hell they want to do to their car .IT'S THEIR CAR NOT YOUR'S

Rsporty
11-22-2010, 01:27 PM
I DONT WANT TO SEE BLACK PAINTED HOODS TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK THAT IT IS CARBON.

Black hoods have been around since the "muscle car days" and they never even thought of carbon fiber.

For 2011, I'd like to see less shit talking and judging of other people's ideas and a greater appreciation for the fact that we're all "Car Guys", no matter how different.
Let's work together.
Help each other, teach each other, learn from each other and and keep pushing the limits to bring this "scene" back to where it once was!
As for the "under 20 crowd", I'm 40 and welcome every chance to help/teach/learn everything I can AND get new ideas and perspectives that these younger guys have to offer.

ezone
11-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Black hoods have been around since the "muscle car days" and they never even thought of carbon fiber.

For 2011, I'd like to see less shit talking and judging of other people's ideas and a greater appreciation for the fact that we're all "Car Guys", no matter how different.
Let's work together.
Help each other, teach each other, learn from each other and and keep pushing the limits to bring this "scene" back to where it once was!
As for the "under 20 crowd", I'm 40 and welcome every chance to help/teach/learn everything I can AND get new ideas and perspectives that these younger guys have to offer.

x2:goodjob:

BIG WORM
11-22-2010, 05:02 PM
moderators that don't reply to emails and private messages....

bdydrpdmazda
11-22-2010, 05:26 PM
stretched tires are the dumbest shit ive ever seen...

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM

There's a difference between muscle cars and imports. The younger folks of today aren't painting their hoods black to emulate the olden days. They are doing it to make people think it's CF.

That's a pretty unfair and inane request. You're basically saying for everyone to like everyone else's car no matter how they doll it up. Just because people are in the same "hobby," doesn't mean they have to like other people's ideas. And why do people (for the most part) mod their car and post it up or take it to meets? So people can see them and get feedback. Just makes sense to me. Later, QD.

msanch24
11-23-2010, 05:42 PM

i dont want to see people typing in all caps.

Rsporty
11-23-2010, 06:29 PM
"That's a pretty unfair and inane request. You're basically saying for everyone to like everyone else's car no matter how they doll it up. Just because people are in the same "hobby," doesn't mean they have to like other people's ideas. And why do people (for the most part) mod their car and post it up or take it to meets? So people can see them and get feedback. Just makes sense to me. Later, QD."

Not at all, QD.
We don't have to like it.
Just appreciate their effort and hard work, without all the shit talking and putting down that we see, way too often.

quickdodgeŽ
11-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Just appreciate their effort and hard work,

Really depends. Later, QD.

Bacon
11-23-2010, 07:21 PM
It's not really hate more than it is blunt criticism.

AnthonyF
11-23-2010, 07:30 PM
I disagree. Big time. It works perfectly well. But it's usually the other crap done to those Hondas that takes away from it.

I'd love to see painted wheels go away. Later, QD.

NEVA. As long as the color matches and doesn't over do it it looks nice.

You really believe that the slammed, nasty, useless camber is functional?

-Ant.

quickdodgeŽ
11-23-2010, 07:38 PM
NEVA. As long as the color matches and doesn't over do it it looks nice.

Yeah, but how often do you see that? It's quite a rarity to see a nicely done car with painted rims. And I wasn't talking about a decent job. I'm talking about everyone that just paints them to be "different" and the rest of the car isn't really all that to look at.

You really believe that the slammed, nasty, useless camber is functional?

-Ant.

I was actually referring to the part about slammed small cars. That bowed in look looks like shit to me, but an evenly dropped car with the tops of the tires tucked INSIDE the fender looks pretty good. Later, QD.

AnthonyF
11-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Yeah, but how often do you see that? It's quite a rarity to see a nicely done car with painted rims. And I wasn't talking about a decent job. I'm talking about everyone that just paints them to be "different" and the rest of the car isn't really all that to look at.

It's b/c small cars are generally driven by kids and don't know when to stop with the spray can.

I was actually referring to the part about slammed small cars. That bowed in look looks like shit to me, but an evenly dropped car with the tops of the tires tucked INSIDE the fender looks pretty good. Later, QD.Ahh gotcha. I agree. I love a nice level slammed car with 95+% of the tire touching the ground.

-Ant.

DA9_Vito
11-24-2010, 04:17 AM
no more rims that look like that would go on my trailer.

Nerdsrock22
11-24-2010, 07:11 AM
No more Honda's with BBS's. Leave that crap to the Germans.

jakku
12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
people bashing on other peoples ideas, an opinion is one thing, being disrespectful is another. less mustangs revving their engines next to me. more inviting people i would like to see, just because you have your group doesn't mean you have to hate on other people. like someone said before me, "we are all car guys". i also would like to not have to worry whenever i park that my car will still be there when i get out. o and one more thing i don't want to see is systems and big rims.. and thats it.