PDA

View Full Version : Support an IA member...watch Top Gear US on History Nov. 21 10pm

RutRoe
10-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Hey gang,

So...I'm one of the host for the new Top Gear US that BBC Worldwide Productions and History came together to make. Same great production values and fun adventures, but with cars that you can buy here and on roads that we have here. Top Gear UK is my favorite show on TV, and I know a lot of you have seen it or love it, so rest assured, I think you'll enjoy this one for lots of different reasons.

Pretty much everyone who came out to the set and saw some of the clips and how we put it together all left saying that they were really happy with it and it was definitely not what they expected.

The hosts are Tanner Foust (drifter, rally racer,tv car guy), Adam Ferrara (stand up comedian,actor,Chief Needles in Rescue Me), and myself.

I hope you'll watch and love it, or watch so you can hate on it like Simon and AnthonyF....either way, I hope you watch...preferrably the first one.

Here's the trailer that History put together for it...It is currently airing in movie theaters I believe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vezOfu7ayso

So please set your DVR's...Nov 21st at 10pm. Thanks !

Rutledge

nreggie454
10-29-2010, 09:58 PM
I will definitely watch it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't skeptical, but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't excited.

-EnVus-
10-29-2010, 10:00 PM
I can't wait and you can't forget to represent for all us Georgia car enthusiast.

RutRoe
10-29-2010, 10:12 PM
I will definitely watch it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't skeptical, but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't excited.

Totally man...as you should be. But it's really just another chapter of the world wide brand of Top Gear. Richard Porter, the head write for the UK came and helped us with the studio part and one morning he tried to tell the audience "Think of it this way: If you like chocolate cake, we're not taking that away...just giving you some more chocolate cake." In other words, I think people's biggest fear is that once other people know about Top Gear, then suddenly this thing they cherish and think other people aren't aware of will become known. It's like every band that's amazing gets signed and then the original fans say the suck. I get it...just watch the show before you totally discount it...that's all I'm saying :) Thanks for keeping an open mind.

silverZ33
10-29-2010, 10:23 PM
It looks good, can't wait to see it and rep for GA

allout13
10-29-2010, 10:26 PM

this completely sums my thoughts up

setting DVR now

RutRoe
10-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks dudes !

Echonova
10-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Do you know what date they are going to air my run in the "star in a econo-car" segment. Usually, I would have already received a pre-production tape from any other studio, but so far nothing from you guys...

SC400TUNER92
11-01-2010, 03:36 AM
Will definately be watching

RandomGuy
11-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Will definitely tune in, I'm sure you've done some interesting stuff so far

Leadfoot_mf
11-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Its going to suck. lol but not as bad as tg austrialia. what happened to ACE? i think he would have been better than adam f. But i will watch every episode and enjoy it like i do tg austrialia. Who is the US stig? pm me i wont tell.

03specv
11-08-2010, 11:06 PM
hell yeah, cant wait!!

RutRoe
11-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks dudes! We are less than 2 weeks away !!!! Yeah !!!!!!

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
11-12-2010, 08:22 AM
bump. Absolutely can't wait
DVR set
Joe

bafbrian
11-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Gonna be in Fort Knox, I hope the hotel I will be at has the History Channel. Been waiting for this.

Jaimecbr900
11-16-2010, 09:36 PM
I saw you the other day on one of the commercials.

Maybe now you can give me and Ms. Patrycja that appology you promised me.....:)

Congrats bud.

RutRoe
11-17-2010, 11:12 PM
I saw you the other day on one of the commercials.

Maybe now you can give me and Ms. Patrycja that appology you promised me.....:)

Congrats bud.

Thanks Jaime ! Now it means you get to pick from SPEED gear or TopGear stuff :) Hope you guys will love it...

EVERYBODY CHECK IT OUT !!!!!

DeeAOne
11-18-2010, 12:52 AM
make sure you put IA's name out on the show! lol

DA9_Vito
11-18-2010, 01:13 AM
man i wish i could get into stuff like that. i could beat tanner foust lol jk....rep IA and shout out to all GA tuners.

Echonova
11-18-2010, 05:16 AM
Yeah Rut, make sure you rep all the folks that had absolutely nothing to do with your success!!!!

w3rd.

BTW: Send me a pic of the CSS rims when you get a chance. I wanna see what the purple looks like.

DA9_Vito
11-18-2010, 01:36 PM
i was sayin rep GA boys cause he gets on here and talks 2 us...just a thought....calm ur ass.

On_Her_Face
11-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Please put this in the suggestion box, race against the Brits (in Top Gear style fashion of course).

Echonova
11-18-2010, 02:05 PM
i was sayin rep GA boys cause he gets on here and talks 2 us...just a thought....calm ur ass.eye wil calm doun Bcuase i wud hate 2 hav da hole DA Squad pissd off wit mi.

Be sure to look for your shout-out in the first show they filmed 8 months ago!!!! It's in there!!!

OnURleft
11-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Can't wait to watch it this Sunday. Will be watching it with a big group of car friends

DA9_Vito
11-18-2010, 03:57 PM
what da squad lol i havent seen anybody show up yet that say they r in it....and im just messin with ya.

DA9_Vito
11-18-2010, 03:59 PM
did they say something about DA Squad or was that a joke?

Jaimecbr900
11-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks Jaime ! Now it means you get to pick from SPEED gear or TopGear stuff :) Hope you guys will love it...

EVERYBODY CHECK IT OUT !!!!!

I'm an XL and Patrycja is a small.....hook a brotha up!

RutRoe
11-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Tonight is the night people! 10 pm on History Channel....watch it, enjoy it, share it with others.

Thanks for all the support too...It's a 10 episode season so there's lots to come. Thanks!

umairejaz
11-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Good stuff, definitely need more background music. I enjoyed it.

Browning151
11-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Good stuff, definitely need more background music. I enjoyed it.

I agree with the background music, it could flow a little better, but overall definitely liking the show.

AnthonyF
11-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Ok Rut, know you've been waiting....I will keep it clean. I gotta say, I didn't like it. I just happen to switch on ¼way through the show and it just felt wrong. You didn't revamp it at all. It sounds like a lousy copy of the original. You need to change it up a bit and not try so damn hard to get attention.

-Ant.

edit: Congrats on the success and I wish your show well.

BAB2010
11-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Good stuff man. I liked it. Tanner Foust wasn't as bad as I thought he was going to be.

I snapped this shot during a commercial.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/bamafan9091/TOPGEAR.jpg

slostang
11-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I enjoined the show, but its just not the same. Kinda like walmart brand cola versus coca cola. Still good, but not the original.

speedminded
11-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Top Gear USA
1. Infinitely better than any US automotive show to date.
2. Infinitely better than the first couple seasons of Top Gear UK relaunch.

I can't believe so many people are griping about it, especially on Top Gear's Facebook! Name one US automotive show that can touch it's content and production values. It can't be done. Then how can anyone complain about performance cars being driven how they were built to be? That doesn't make anyone an enthusiast, that makes them a whiney bitch. Then comparing it to a series started in 1977 with the same cast the last 8 years is ridiculous, no...it's rubbish. I wouldn't care if it were hunchbacks speaking gibberish, as long as they're driving the cars so we can see how they perform and hear them doing it - I'm happy.

It's a win and will watch again.

DA9_Vito
11-22-2010, 02:48 AM
i thought it was a great show.

Sunkenkarma
11-22-2010, 02:53 AM
Awesome to have an IA member as a host, Keep it up Rutroe! I really enjoyed it, Keep up the awesome job. Ill be tuning in for each episode =D

thirdgenss
11-22-2010, 04:37 AM
I enjoyed it. Can't wait til next weekend....congrats rutroe! That would be an awesome job lol

David88vert
11-22-2010, 07:02 AM
As an avid fan of Top Gear for many years, I already knew what the US version would be compared to. I thought that they did great for the first episode. Its on my Tivo....

Ziptied
11-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Ok Rut, know you've been waiting....I will keep it clean. I gotta say, I didn't like it. I just happen to switch on ¼way through the show and it just felt wrong. You didn't revamp it at all. It sounds like a lousy copy of the original. You need to change it up a bit and not try so damn hard to get attention.

-Ant.

edit: Congrats on the success and I wish your show well.

Unfortunately I have to agree, gave it a fighting chance and missed Walking Dead to see it, but for a first episode especially, I was expecting better. Hopefully the season is better overall, but with Tanner and the other guy no one knows, I don't see any hope.

Leadfoot_mf
11-22-2010, 09:12 PM
WOW, i take back what i said earlier, you guys exceeded my expectations. It should only get better from here. I must say that it is better than the Ozzy version. They are just now starting to get better.

Hope the cameras get sorted in the coming episodes. Congratulations everyone here would kill for your job.

Schroeder
11-22-2010, 09:15 PM
As Speedminded said above, it is by far the best American car show on T.V. today! I thought it was pretty damn good, and with a few years of the crew working together they will get to know each other and react to each other better and better.

My only gripes about the show are:

1. They need to put more emphasis on just what the Stig is. Don't just mention him as some poor schlub. He's the Goddamn Stig! Say his name with emphasis and talk him up like the car driving "God" that he his.

2. The Stig should be listening to music while he drives like the British version. I know they aren't trying to copy the British version, but for the most part it came out pretty much identical so whats one more thing?

3. Move the map out of the center of the screen when driving the course and put it up in the corner out of the way.

Other than that I look forward to more and more episodes!!!

RutRoe
11-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys for all the feedback and comments. It's great to hear how many of you went in with an open mind knowing the the TGUK show isn't going anywhere. It's a sister show, not a replacement show.

As you noticed, we definitely had to do some explanation of certain parts that won't be mentioned going forward...so that's why we had to do certain "house keeping" things. I thought it was a fun show and they get better and better, so I'm excited to see what people think as the season goes on.

The shaky camera in the Lambo that Tanner was in was because he's nuts. He ate up those $1300 tires sliding the car around that am, so when we went to do it, pieces of the tire were chunking off during the run....so that wasn't simply the camera. The car was going crazy...I'm not dumb enough to go that fast on crap tires, but I guess that's the difference between normal guys and racecar drivers. Brains.

Anywho, thanks again for watching and the support. Hope that everybody will keep watching and find more and more stuff to like. Next week's show has some great videos in it that you won't want to miss.

Rut

nreggie454
11-22-2010, 10:18 PM
I liked it. The main issue I had was the explanations of the staple parts of the show, but I know that they weren't for your average Top Gear fan but for people unfamiliar with the concept. I also think the host interactions weren't as smooth as those on TGUK, but I think that issue will dissolve over the course of the season. I will continue watching with high hopes and I wish you the best of luck.

Ziptied
11-23-2010, 07:05 PM
I think with Adam Corolla and Leno it would be better. You of course can stay rut, as the only person on there who is somewhat cool. (Even though you do a nascrap show). lol

AnthonyF
11-23-2010, 09:30 PM
LOL at WERA board responses:

What's with the bearded gay guy? Is he supposed to be Hammond?

Omg this show is soooo bad. The hosts are lame, the camaras sux and they talk to you like your a moron. is their some site we can got to and tell history to drop it? I'm gona have to watch some real Top Gear just to get this lame show out of my head. I think the vietnam special will do just fine. Also we need to post on top gears website and let them know how lame the u.s. version is.

I would watch it if the hosts were Tanner Foust, Paul Tracy and Travis Pastrana. Who are those other two guys?

I could deal with Tanner being snarky while hes putting a car on the ragged edge.
THose other 2 moes... they shouldnt be allowed to talk or drive.
The Brits...whether they have the driving skill or not... gloss over than detail with personality. Youd rather listen to what they are going to say next versus trying to find every flaw.
Stig lap in the viper and lambo were ok. The American stig definitely lacks any personality.

Tanner is tolerable I guess... Hard to swallow, but I can handle it IF - IF they get someone else to fill in the other two...

The fat guy from NASCAR on SPEED is a complete moron and is simply to be used for comic relief. That's terrible. There are plenty of other guys that would have worked better. I can now see why Leno (Who would have been a great fit vs. lardo) backed out...

The other guy is pretty much in the middle. Pretty forgetable and honestly, the overall feel was cheap and poorly directed and done. I understand that the first Top Gear in the BBC were poorly done at first, but in today's directing, talent pool and the fact that this Top Gear is following a successful version that already exists, there's no real excuse.

I will give it another shot, but this is something I would expect from SPEED. I mean, is Britton just waiting around the corner?

ok done..but damnnnnn See what happens when you take your "IA popularity" out to the real world who isn't going to blow smoke up your ass?

-Ant.

RutRoe
11-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Anthony,

At some point you're going to have to sit yourself down and honestly admit that not only were you wrong about your ideas of me and my time on IA, but that I genuinely don't care about what you in particular think.

I'm in the public eye by choice. There's always going to be people that don't like me. You misunderstand my love of this online community that we're on as some sort of ego trip, and you're perception of it is off 100%.

I'm a relative no one to people who don't watch NASCAR on SPEED or visit NASCAR.com regularly. Do you think I got this show because I told them how much time I've spent on IA over the years ? I'm sorry to burst your bubble man. I want people on IA to know that a member of the boards is on there. I'm not looking for "kids" as you put it to hype me up.

I've got 15,000 people that follow me on Twitter that I share things with every day all in an effort of marketing...which is what I went to school for. So the next time I put something on here to share with people, stop yourself from thinking I'm doing it because I need a kid in high school to tell me I'm cool.

I helped build this site and shared the IA experience with tons of people over the years. I'm proud of that. Get over yourself.
Rut

Schroeder
11-23-2010, 10:34 PM
I chuckle at the "American Stig lacks personality" comment. No shit, He's supposed to.

On_Her_Face
11-24-2010, 05:08 PM
I think with Adam Corolla and Leno it would be better. You of course can stay rut, as the only person on there who is somewhat cool. (Even though you do a nascrap show). lol

Yeah from the beginning I always thought Leno would be perfect and replace Foust with Travis Pastrana. Foust is just awkward but the man can drive.

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
11-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Anthony,

At some point you're going to have to sit yourself down and honestly admit that not only were you wrong about your ideas of me and my time on IA, but that I genuinely don't care about what you in particular think.

I'm in the public eye by choice. There's always going to be people that don't like me. You misunderstand my love of this online community that we're on as some sort of ego trip, and you're perception of it is off 100%.

I'm a relative no one to people who don't watch NASCAR on SPEED or visit NASCAR.com regularly. Do you think I got this show because I told them how much time I've spent on IA over the years ? I'm sorry to burst your bubble man. I want people on IA to know that a member of the boards is on there. I'm not looking for "kids" as you put it to hype me up.

I've got 15,000 people that follow me on Twitter that I share things with every day all in an effort of marketing...which is what I went to school for. So the next time I put something on here to share with people, stop yourself from thinking I'm doing it because I need a kid in high school to tell me I'm cool.

I helped build this site and shared the IA experience with tons of people over the years. I'm proud of that. Get over yourself.
Rut

LOL

sit down ant....

Joe

Echonova
11-24-2010, 08:09 PM
I just played the episode for my 14 yr old daughter. She had no idea who Rut is or any of the other cast was for that matter... She enjoyed the hell out of the episode. I have done my best to turn my oldest in to a tomboy/greasemonkey... and TopGear USA proved I'm on the right track. She was all like "Uhhhh, Rut could have pushed it a little harder... He should have won with that car."

That's my girl.:)

speedminded
11-24-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm sure Rut knows some sort of statistics for it but I'd be curious to know how a ballpark figure of how many viewers of TGUS had never watched TGUK.

I can sit for an hour and watch low res streaming YouTube videos of cars running the Texas mile or drifting on the street with a techno background music...yet people are griping about cars being pushed to their limits in a near cinema quality production. It's real cars, real stunts, being driven by real people. A few lines of commentary isn't going to ruin that for me!

BAB2010
11-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Why is everyone wanting to put Travis Pastrana on this show? Does anyone know how akward that dude is. I can only imagine him trying to host a television show that communicates with its audience in the way Top Gear does.

Browning151
11-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Some of us "hardcore" TGUK fans may see things that need improving in the US show, but at the end of the day it's still the best car show on TV here right now, and a huge part of the American viewing audience has no clue what Top Gear is or how it looks in it original form. This show is never going to be TGUK, the hosts are never going to be Clarkson, Hammond and May, and that's completely ok. I want to see a show where car guys have fun beating the hell out of cars that most of us could only dream of having a chance to drive and that's exactly what this show will be, and a whole lot more. Give the hosts a chance to deal with explaining the show to a US audience and have a chance to "gel" with each other in more than one episode and I think many people will really enjoy the show. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the season.

David88vert
11-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Some of us "hardcore" TGUK fans may see things that need improving in the US show, but at the end of the day it's still the best car show on TV here right now, and a huge part of the American viewing audience has no clue what Top Gear is or how it looks in it original form. This show is never going to be TGUK, the hosts are never going to be Clarkson, Hammond and May, and that's completely ok. I want to see a show where car guys have fun beating the hell out of cars that most of us could only dream of having a chance to drive and that's exactly what this show will be, and a whole lot more. Give the hosts a chance to deal with explaining the show to a US audience and have a chance to "gel" with each other in more than one episode and I think many people will really enjoy the show. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the season.
x2 - well said

For the others that don't believe it will be ok - watch a few episodes of the original Top Gear - '77-2001 series. That show was much more boring. Just imagine if they had axed it after one episode - you would have your current Top Gear, Top Gear Australia, or Fifth Gear.

Browning151
11-27-2010, 12:29 AM
x2 - well said

For the others that don't believe it will be ok - watch a few episodes of the original Top Gear - '77-2001 series. That show was much more boring. Just imagine if they had axed it after one episode - you would have your current Top Gear, Top Gear Australia, or Fifth Gear.

Hell, even watch series 1-2 of the current version of TGUK and it's pretty slow and uninspired. If everyone just jumped on the "this show sucks" bandwagon we wouldn't even have TGUK, much less TG Australia, Fifth Gear or TGUS.

Elbow
11-27-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry but I hated it, I couldn't even watch half of it. It's VERY dull, no funny comments, and even though you all aren't copying Top Gear UK it's hard to think you all aren't trying a LITTLE bit to throw in funny comments here and there with a hint of Clarkson, it just doesn't work.

I gave it a shot with a 100% open mind not comparing shows, just watching it as any other show, and had to turn it off.

The issue I see is loads and LOADS of Americans LOVE Top Gear UK even though they aren't into cars, this show seems to be aimed at "car people" and I don't see that being a big TV market. It's like Motor Trend with actors.

Hamp H
11-29-2010, 09:03 PM
I was slightly disapointed as i was hoping for a differnt kind of humor like top gear uk but for a first run I wont lie it was realy good.

bafbrian
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
I liked that episode with the Evo X, it helped me convince the wife that I need one as a present to myself for graduating my Officer Basic Course. For that RutRoe, I will always be a fan of the show.

Got Milk?
12-05-2010, 02:56 PM
This show is not all that it seems. They have TOOOOO many cuts and editing when testing the cars. Especially when they were testing the evo x. SO many things looked staged, cut action cut action cut action crap. If you look closely it's scene after scene, it's not continues.

Schroeder
12-05-2010, 03:32 PM
This show is not all that it seems. They have TOOOOO many cuts and editing when testing the cars. Especially when they were testing the evo x. SO many things looked staged, cut action cut action cut action crap. If you look closely it's scene after scene, it's not continues.

From what I've heard is ALL of the Topgears, even Britain's, they do the race first to see who wins, then go and re-do it to tape and get the good action shots. They all do it.

Got Milk?
12-05-2010, 03:45 PM
From what I've heard is ALL of the Topgears, even Britain's, they do the race first to see who wins, then go and re-do it to tape and get the good action shots. They all do it.

Well I don't remember seeing any actual racing on the evo x episode. It was all staging and cuts to make it look all flashy. Britians Topgear actually shows them driving the car around the track, down the roads, with one camera shot, not cut action cut. Unless I missed something in the evo x disregard my comment. Because all I saw is cut action cut action.

Ziptied
12-06-2010, 06:54 PM
3 episodes in and it isn't getting any better, thats for sure.

Schroeder
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Well I don't remember seeing any actual racing on the evo x episode. It was all staging and cuts to make it look all flashy. Britians Topgear actually shows them driving the car around the track, down the roads, with one camera shot, not cut action cut. Unless I missed something in the evo x disregard my comment. Because all I saw is cut action cut action.

What about all of the Britain ones where the Skiers, BMXers, or other "racers" just happen to magically be in the exact perfect spot to jump over the car and magically get that Perfect camera shot??? You think it happens like that every time just by shear luck?

3 episodes in and it isn't getting any better, thats for sure.

I thought last nights episode was great. The hosts still need alot more interaction with each other to get used to one another, but other than that, still hands down the best American car show out there. I thought they improved massively over just three episodes. I can't wait to see how they interact with each other in a year or two.

Elbow
12-06-2010, 08:49 PM
There won't be a show in a year or two. The only positive reviews have been off this thread. Everywhere else I look it's insane bashing. I'll keep my mouth shut and keep hoping it gets better, but it just won't work out. NOBODY WANTS A CAR SHOW, they want entertainment. Not a souped up Motor Trend.

nreggie454
12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I think the main issue with the bashing is that everybody expects this to be on par with TGUK from day one. I have made the effort to view the show as a standalone, and I have enjoyed it thoroughly as a result. You can't find a winning formula with only three episodes of practice, especially since all the feedback comes after the whole season has been filmed (to my knowledge). I find this much more enjoyable than the same repeats of TGUK from 2007 that show on BBC America.

rickgiblin
12-06-2010, 09:31 PM
dude, i love the show... who ever though about a moonshine run. that was priceless and ive never seen another show with guts to actually try that. the info and tidbits that are in it are also great. i think its something to watch and i plan on watching all of them. keep up the great job rut. also, was that real shine in those bottles... i highly doubt that it was, but if it was, dam thats alot. o and whos the spike... whos the secret driver

David88vert
12-07-2010, 06:15 AM
There won't be a show in a year or two. The only positive reviews have been off this thread. Everywhere else I look it's insane bashing. I'll keep my mouth shut and keep hoping it gets better, but it just won't work out. NOBODY WANTS A CAR SHOW, they want entertainment. Not a souped up Motor Trend.

A better idea for you - don't watch it, and you won't have to worry about it - or comment on it. Go watch Skating with the Stars, or something like that. Then you can sit back and be happy.

jdmshytyo87
12-07-2010, 10:37 AM
i think its fucking awsome, no were near as boreing as TGUK these are people that you can understand,, lol

Elbow
12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
i think its fucking awsome, no were near as boreing as TGUK these are people that you can understand,, lol

Retard of the month goes to^

RutRoe
12-07-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't think that's the case Simon. Not everyone loved TGUK. I do, you may, but clearly that person does not.

I know it's hard sometimes for you to accept when people feel differently, but that's just life :)

Thanks for watching ! Ratings went up - special thanks to Simon and Anthony for watching.

280zx 2by2
12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I think you should punch Tanner in the face, maybe that will loosen him up, but it has potential to be a great show!

Can't wait to see the Z31 perform (or not) this week!

ultm8mind
12-07-2010, 11:03 PM
watched it, been watching it, even repeats, lol

Got Milk?
12-07-2010, 11:59 PM
What about all of the Britain ones where the Skiers, BMXers, or other "racers" just happen to magically be in the exact perfect spot to jump over the car and magically get that Perfect camera shot??? You think it happens like that every time just by shear luck?

I thought last nights episode was great. The hosts still need alot more interaction with each other to get used to one another, but other than that, still hands down the best American car show out there. I thought they improved massively over just three episodes. I can't wait to see how they interact with each other in a year or two.

Mr. Captain Obvious, I didn't say TopGear Britian didn't have staged stuff. They have staged stuff and professional racing around the tracks, what I see on the US version is all cuts and editing from what I've seen so far. But I did only see the evo episode, so what do I know.

What the fuck did you just say?

Schroeder
12-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Mr. Captain Obvious, I didn't say TopGear Britian didn't have staged stuff. They have staged stuff and professional racing around the tracks, what I see on the US version is all cuts and editing from what I've seen so far. But I did only see the evo episode, so what do I know.

I haven't seen a British version yet that hasn't has cut, action, cut, action. I have never saw an episode where they do a constant one camera view around the track. Now granted I know shit about cinematography (hell I prob spelled it wrong) so there is a good chance I'm not understanding exactly what you're typing.

David88vert
12-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Come on people, TGUS is a big step up from the previous "top US car show" - PINKS. We should be happy that car guys finally have a US show that has a decent format, and has room to grow and develop. Each episode has been better than the last, IMO.
Watch teh first season, then come up with ideas for improvement, and post them. This is the one TV show where the host might actually listen to ideas. I can't believe that people would actually complain about that.

Got Milk?
12-08-2010, 07:04 AM
I haven't seen a British version yet that hasn't has cut, action, cut, action. I have never saw an episode where they do a constant one camera view around the track. Now granted I know shit about cinematography (hell I prob spelled it wrong) so there is a good chance I'm not understanding exactly what you're typing.

You could be right, I only watched few of each. I don't find these shows interesting at all. They try too hard too be funny on both of them, and they fail hard.

juan08079
12-08-2010, 09:11 AM
we need to give this a chance cause im sure tguk had the same feed back when they started but they made it better im sure this will too. personally i think its great especially how its actually teaches people a bit more about cars and racing. like the moonshine episode i know plenty of people that like to watch nascar but didnt know that the sport sarted from moonshine runs. i will be staying tuned in cause no matter how much you think you know about cars you will always find out that you dont know nearly as much as you think you do. i cant wait for the next episode

DustnU
12-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Love the show bro way better than the BBC one to me, I hate their accents. Plus it's cool to know there are still cool people that don't let success get to their heads, Hell you live in my town and it's like Bum phuck Egypt out here. DVR is set to record.

RutRoe
12-10-2010, 12:38 AM
BFE in the house! Thank you guys again for the feedback and for watching. Wait till you guys see the Ford Raptor on this week's show. Insane.

Got Milk?
12-10-2010, 06:56 AM
^^

Who are you? Are the the little bigger guy with the beard?

Me86Rob
12-10-2010, 07:20 AM
I think where most of the bashers are going wrong is by comparing it to the UK top gear. NOTHING will ever be as good as the original (no offense Rut)
But if you take the original out of the picture, the American Top Gear as a good show. And, only being 3 episodes in and only one season under their belt, im sure they didnt quite go all out with their budget. I feel that the just kinda made this one happen to get the show out there and see how people react to it.

David88vert
12-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Rut is the bearded giant....

Echonova
12-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Rut-ro

Haters be cop'n y0 style
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/13/report-adam-carolla-dan-neil-to-host-speed-channel-pilot/

EG_Ryder
12-16-2010, 12:41 AM
Rut-ro

Haters be cop'n y0 style
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/13/report-adam-carolla-dan-neil-to-host-speed-channel-pilot/

awwwww snizzap!

rossklogsdon
12-22-2010, 01:33 AM
What's with all of the haters?
I love TGUS, I love TGUK. I watch reruns as long as they're showing.
I think Rut, Tanner, and Adam are tackling the show with their own spin.
It's going great so far and I look forward to this being the benchmark for American car television.
REPS!!!

blackshine007
12-22-2010, 07:27 AM
I'm enjoying the Top Gear US. It's growing on me the more ya'll get to spend time together. Where at first it was just seemed awkward at first that they give 3 guys different challenges I guess ya'll had to get comfortable with each other. It seems like the awkward faze has passed and ya'll are developing the same chemistry that the Nigels' have established. Kudos to you Rutroe, Adam and Tanner and I believe ya'll will be successful just keep doing what you do :goodjob:

BTW, are you really thinking about getting a SVT velocirapter?

RutRoe
12-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Thanks dudes...glad you're liking it and giving it a chance to grow. I think the show gets better every week and I know we can take it where it needs to go in the future...

I really do want one of those Ford Raptors. They are a lot of truck for the money, and you couldn't build a comparable new F-150 for the money. I really love my Tundra, but I hope I can get one of these....plus, for 7 Grand, what Hennessey does really opens it up. I'm sure many people will say you can make that same power for a little less money, but if it doesn't void any warranty then I'd think about it.

Jaimecbr900
01-03-2011, 10:16 PM
I actually like the show overall. Some of the story lines are cooky, but then again it was entertaining to see a big boat Cady hit a jump and almost split in half. I got a chuckle out of that. My son and I watch it together. I like the diversity of the challenges, like a truck vs a skydiver or bikes vs hybrids. It makes it different. I didn't agree with you using Krylon on a LEXUS, but that's because I feel that's a relative to blasphemy.....lol.

Keep on keeping on brotha! With as many truly pathetic wannabes around here, I'm sure a lot of the haters are just jealous because they're not hosting a Nationally televised show. Hell, I would be......IF I didn't have a life.

Aeroscout977
01-04-2011, 10:36 AM
I can't believe you post on here lol (I've been away over a year). I like the show a lot man but some of the skits are very "deja vu" if you know what I mean. I'm sure it's to get the show off the ground. So far my biggest concerns have been put to rest. Chemistry among the host. The line up is working really well. Thanks for bringing the show to the US and I've watched every weekend so far. Keep up the good work.

Echonova
01-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Adam F. is starting to grow on me.

bags
01-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks dudes...glad you're liking it and giving it a chance to grow. I think the show gets better every week and I know we can take it where it needs to go in the future...

I really do want one of those Ford Raptors. They are a lot of truck for the money, and you couldn't build a comparable new F-150 for the money. I really love my Tundra, but I hope I can get one of these....plus, for 7 Grand, what Hennessey does really opens it up. I'm sure many people will say you can make that same power for a little less money, but if it doesn't void any warranty then I'd think about it.

#1 & #2 I am not a nut swingger or a hater.......

now onto my post...

The show is getting better... Adam is really growing on me and Tanner's boyish shyness seems to work (maybe I like little boys and wanna bang him, who knows)... YOU seem to be the weaker link in the show. I don't know if it is your nerves or stress or what.. but watching you do interviews is ROUGH!!! You had tim allen on the show and that was the best you could do.. really? And when you were driving with adam it seemed like you could not drive and hold a conversation at the same time. And FWIW, I can't either.. ask anyone who has ridden with me!.. but, I am not trying to launch a multi-million dollar TV show.

Now, maybe some of it is editing, but seriously, relax dude.. have a sandwhich and warm glass of milk and chill.. you are doing what 1,000,000 of us WISH we could do. You could be fired tomorrow, so be yourself and have some fun.. and if this is you being yourself and having fun..... well then I guess nothing needs to be done on your part.

And FWIW.. I am on the waiting list for show tickets.... so ya'll are doing something right!

smoknlegend
01-06-2011, 09:35 PM

Look up some of his stand up. I find his older stuff is funnier.

Alan®
01-07-2011, 03:09 AM
I have a legit question. I'll find the article on Jalopnik if I can find for reference but is true that Clarkson actually has a lot of input on the production?

Overall I like the show. Out of all the guys on the show you always seem to be the one that has the most character best....jokes i guess you could say not sure how to put it. I absolutely loved your segment on the Aston's which is actually where that bit about Clarkson comes in. It's been a long time since the U.S. Market has had a quality automotive show and I'm glad we have something now worth watching. Keep up the good work Rut! Hope I have a chance to run into you again and i can actually introduce myself.

David88vert
01-07-2011, 06:19 AM
I want the Members Only jacket that he got for the Lexus. That's a $3K Members Only jacket! Rut, when does the bidding start on the jacket?

Nemesis
01-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Hope I have a chance to run into you again and i can actually introduce myself.

SOUNDS LIKE A TRAPPPPPPPPP

Evil Goat
01-07-2011, 10:39 AM

same here, wish I could say the same for Tanner....I don't think I'll ever like that douche

japan4racing
01-07-2011, 12:42 PM
I cant say I hate Tanner Foust, Adam is hilarious, Rut always cracks me up too. Obviously the show is nothing like the original but its not bad. I enjoy watching it. Alot of times it seems way too scripted like the whole cast is trying too hard to be funny but such is american tv....what can ya do? I like the show and keep up the good work guys!

stephanie
01-17-2011, 09:03 PM
i love that damn show

FostyTG28
01-17-2011, 09:13 PM
People talk bad about this show, but its entertaining and a helluva fun show to watch :goodjob:

stephanie
01-17-2011, 09:17 PM
man i love that show. they went to alaska on the one i saw last night. i dvr that every new episode

Ziptied
01-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Ok rut, its getting slightly better. Happy?

RutRoe
01-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Haha ! Thanks man. And thanks to everyone else who watched the first season.

Ziptied
01-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Haha ! Thanks man. And thanks to everyone else who watched the first season.

A guest spot would seal the deal for me to watch it more often. Or just free tickets.

(I'm a sucker for free shit)

4g638u
01-25-2011, 11:37 PM
i have only caught i few episodes but have thought they were good, much better than watching foxbody's and nova's on pinks all day. pretty sure the show will be successful, look at what the competition is, not belittling the show, but pinks is boring to see same cars over and over again, and all the other speed channel shows are just lame.

Alan®
01-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Pink's isn't the same type of show so it really isn't competition per say

DeeAOne
01-26-2011, 02:28 AM
loving it so far man. i was kinda iffy at first, as was everyone else, but it has grown on me. thumbs up! :goodjob:

what i want to know, is who makes all the cool stuff for the cars you use? i know you didnt make that cabin. lol

SLOWR/T
01-26-2011, 10:37 AM
My only complaint is that the Dodge has a 5.9.... NOT a 5.7 Rut lol. The show has really began to grow on me. I actually set it on my DVR now. I caught it mid season but I'm really looking forward to the next season.

oneSLOWex
01-26-2011, 10:42 AM
The last actual episode with the trucks was the best IMO. If they were all done that well this show would be much better. Ill admit, at first I didnt like it, and I still dont like Adam, but its getting better.

RutRoe
01-27-2011, 12:09 AM
My only complaint is that the Dodge has a 5.9.... NOT a 5.7 Rut lol. The show has really began to grow on me. I actually set it on my DVR now. I caught it mid season but I'm really looking forward to the next season.

Totally! I apparently didn't get enough sleep when I did that VO...I mean, shit. I know it's a 5.9...that's a 360, not the smaller 318. You should have seen my face when that hit air. You can't sweat the small stuff, but I won't let something like that happen again, that's for sure.

RutRoe
01-27-2011, 12:11 AM
And I'm glad you liked that Cabin...up until when it fell off I had every intention of putting it on some kind of pallet and shipping it home for my daughter. I really loved it. Would have been totally fine to sleep in it a few more nights.

blackshine007
01-27-2011, 06:06 AM
^^ I was laughing my ass off when I saw that episode. That log cabin was wild and it got real funny when ya'll took it down the road and the shingles where blowing off it. I think that between the 3 of ya'll, you're the most lovable character. I can't compare you to the "Nigel's" but you do bring something different to the show. Keep up the good work :goodjob:

Speaking of which, I think I passed you up oneday on my way to work on 285 E. I was getting off at the Riverdale Rd exit.

Echonova
01-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Any word on a second season yet? I'm guessing yes...

David88vert
01-27-2011, 05:14 PM
First season kept improving. When will the second season be airing?

demarianx
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
i wanna see a TGUS invades UK AND Crashes their episode it would be classic

Echonova
02-08-2011, 05:04 PM
So the TGUK season "started" on the BBCA last night and they also talked about NASCAR and moonshine...

It's all part of the New World Order's scheme I think.