PDA

View Full Version : General Chat ◄Can I get a few opinions?►

AnthonyF
10-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I am looking at getting a "new" car since I got a better job. I'm going sorta back to my roots.....a few years ago. lol. Looking at getting a '05+ GT500. A car I am sorta used to and I don't gotta do shit to it to make it quick. lol. I'm just iffy on 'vert or coupe. I've never owned a vert before and always wanted to. I was strictly looking for a solid red one...ha...but also like the black with red and red with white.... What do you guys think? I know it is what IIII like, but I embrace all opinions, good or bad. Thanks fellas. Reps for legit responses.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/cobra05.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/cobra04.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/cobra02.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/cobra03.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/cobra01.jpg

-Ant.

revenge
10-28-2010, 10:20 PM
solid red coupe wins!!!!!

sorry vert.

ATLSRT8
10-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm liking the red/white stripe coupe!!!!

-EnVus-
10-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Coupe for real you can't look hard riding in a vert thats gay

AnthonyF
10-28-2010, 10:24 PM
SO far the coupe is in the lead with opinions. I really like the solid red. I think it makes the front end look meaner butttttt stripes too look sick. Just want something different...

-Ant.

silverZ33
10-28-2010, 10:25 PM
You already got the r6 if you want the open road feel, black coupe ftw

quickdodgeŽ
10-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Too bad there is no option WITHOUT red. That'd be the one I choose. Later, QD.

AnthonyF
10-28-2010, 10:27 PM

I mean...ya can...but you have to do everything right. I've never driven a drop top but your right, a coupe always looks more aggressive.

-Ant.

-EnVus-
10-28-2010, 10:29 PM
I mean...ya can...but you have to do everything right. I've never driven a drop top but your right, a coupe always looks more aggressive.

-Ant.

Why not Grabber blue those are sick lookin

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Ricketts77/Andys%20Cruise%20in%20June%206th/DSCN0570.jpg

AnthonyF
10-28-2010, 10:46 PM
That's not grabber blue. Grabber blue from ford is almost baby blue and looks a little gay and grabbing too much attention. :(

-Ant.

-EnVus-
10-28-2010, 10:51 PM
That's not grabber blue. Grabber blue from ford is almost baby blue and looks a little gay and grabbing too much attention. :(

-Ant.

true i noticed it just now that wasnt the blue i was talking about lol

msanch24
10-28-2010, 10:56 PM
i would have to say coupe. Im sure the covertible is fun for a while but after all is said and done, you buy a car like that because of the pedigree and how it drives. The convertible is just a watered down version "driving experience"- wise and everytime i see a guy in a vert gt500 i just think "he got a convertible cause he just wants to make sure everyone sees whos driving. He doesnt actually care about how it drives"

however, the gt500 is such a horribly handling car that im sure the difference is negligible in the corners.

AnthonyF
10-28-2010, 10:56 PM
haha it's all good. It looks better than actual grabber. If it was a litttttle lighter. Like my X-runner, I prob would have considered it. The grabber looks gay as aids.

-Ant.

quickdodgeŽ
10-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Grabber blue ............ grabbing too much attention. :(

-Ant.

The color red is the biggest attention getting color for an automobile, lolol. That's straight from multiple LEOs.

And an all black or all blue (maaaaybe blue with white) would look much, much better than any of the above options, dude. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
10-28-2010, 11:12 PM
The color red is the biggest attention getting color for an automobile, lolol. That's straight from multiple LEOs.

And an all black or all blue (maaaaybe blue with white) would look much, much better than any of the above options, dude. Later, QD.

Yeah Red in my book is almost like yellow its begging for attention and black is a bitch to keep clean. You will wish you didn't get black come pollen season lol ....Blue is always a win IMO and yeah that X-runner blue would look awesome.

AnthonyF
10-28-2010, 11:12 PM

Mikey, you've always hated red. lol My fav color is blue, but Ford doesn't make a nice one. Black w/ red doesn't pop out too much. I LOVE the 2011 all black...but I can't afford one of those.

btw-a house down the street just put out a lates 70's early 80's Civic. I didn't stop, but I prob will tomorrow for other IA members.

-Ant.

AnthonyF
10-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah Red in my book is almost like yellow its begging for attention and black is a bitch to keep clean. You will wish you didn't get black come pollen season lol ....Blue is always a win IMO and yeah that X-runner blue would look awesome.

I had a black civic and yeahhhhhh dunno if I want to do that again. But black cars are sooooooooo sessi!

-Ant.

-EnVus-
10-28-2010, 11:17 PM
I had a black civic and yeahhhhhh dunno if I want to do that again. But black cars are sooooooooo sessi!

-Ant.

Yeah i know Rain-X needs to develop a Pollen-X

WalkS
10-28-2010, 11:39 PM
I say if you want a convertible, get a GT 5.0 and go to your local graphic store and let them make you some decals. Save you a tremendous amounts of money.

RL...
10-29-2010, 01:15 AM

Too bad there is no option WITHOUT red. That'd be the one I choose. Later, QD.

lol i agree with both of them

Capt._Ron
10-29-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm liking the red/white stripe coupe!!!!

I'm with this guy. That color combination and fastback silouette give the car a "muscular" look. Plus the coupe should be lighter, stiffer, and have less maintenance.

Squirrley
10-29-2010, 09:20 AM
the black and red coupe just looks vicious man, i'm leaning towards that
vert's are too much upkeep.. and they really arent all that great...
i'd definately go with a coupe,
but thats just my opinion.

On_Her_Face
10-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Ant, if I were in your shoes, I would only get a vert if it didn't have any stripes. Idk why but that is just the deal breaker for me. I like the Bluish purple and the Dark Grey in Vert.

Slow99coupe
10-29-2010, 09:37 AM
black w/red coupe, regardless its a badass car so enjoy

AnthonyF
10-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Ant, if I were in your shoes, I would only get a vert if it didn't have any stripes. Idk why but that is just the deal breaker for me. I like the Bluish purple and the Dark Grey in Vert.I agree. The whole point of stripes is to run down the entire car. A vert loses all that. I'm going to look at a red/white coupe in an hour or so. See how it is and if I like it.

black w/red coupe, regardless its a badass car so enjoyThat is a nasty color combo but why is black such a PITA? that's racist!

the black and red coupe just looks vicious man, i'm leaning towards that
vert's are too much upkeep.. and they really arent all that great...
i'd definately go with a coupe,
but thats just my opinion.

I've heard a lot of problems with the verts...so I guess I'll go coupe. Like my dad said, if you owned a vert in the old times, you looked broke and it wasn't considered a sports car anymore.

-Ant.

Capt._Ron
10-29-2010, 11:11 AM

I don't doubt that red is a big attention getter but the officers I have talked to said they are very big on pulling over yellow cars more so than red. There just aren't as many yellow cars.

Squirrley
10-29-2010, 12:50 PM
verts just arent what their cut out to be man, being honest,
good luck with whatever you pick
:)

On_Her_Face
10-29-2010, 12:56 PM
I drove one when I worked at Ford, it feels a lot faster than it is. Don't get me wrong the car is fast but it's like a duck going across a lake.

msanch24
10-29-2010, 01:33 PM
I drove one when I worked at Ford, it feels a lot faster than it is. Don't get me wrong the car is fast but it's like a duck going across a lake.

haha please explain the analogy? are you cracking on the boat-like suspension?

VIP Style
10-29-2010, 07:42 PM
damn who fukin lied to you? Ant, get the vert, everybody rocks a coupe. Convertibles are more fun to drive IMO.

-EnVus-
10-29-2010, 07:57 PM
damn who fukin lied to you? Ant, get the vert, everybody rocks a coupe. Convertibles are more fun to drive IMO.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f189/LandosFolly/vanillaice.gif

quickdodgeŽ
10-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Mikey, you've always hated red. lol My fav color is blue, but Ford doesn't make a nice one. Black w/ red doesn't pop out too much. I LOVE the 2011 all black...but I can't afford one of those.
-Ant.

I have always hated red, lolol. You remembered!

I don't doubt that red is a big attention getter but the officers I have talked to said they are very big on pulling over yellow cars more so than red. There just aren't as many yellow cars.

Yes, I concur. Yellow is a big distraction factor to police.

Nobody lied to him. It's true. Also, there is a difference in "fun to drive" and "looking gay." Take the above dude. Vanilla Ice. Anytime you see him moving around on foot, you'd think to yourself that you'd never fuck with him. Dude looks like a beast.

But let him sit his ass down in a drop top coupe and see all that manliness seep right out through his toes, man. Later, QD.

Genji-Sama
10-29-2010, 08:35 PM
I chose solid red vert, but right now I'm thinkn, maybe the black n red coupe is sexier, idk not a mustang/cobra guy

JDMDA_1.7
10-29-2010, 09:13 PM
the white one !! o Waite :( lol . the solid red is nice man !

deondre
10-29-2010, 09:45 PM
i like the solid red, it "pops" the most IMO. i never owned a vert, ive heard their heavier, and i dont like how they look. but anywho, nice ride, GL!

.:Stirfry:.
10-30-2010, 12:00 AM
change things up, get the black one.

Brian*
10-30-2010, 02:38 AM
Black with red coupe...

WAT TURBO?
11-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Of those choices, the black and red coupe gets my vote! Verts are nice only in certain parts of the year. We hardly ever drive our convertible. Fall and spring are the only times you can kinda enjoy the top down. Summer time its too hot! Another color combo you might consider......Bright blue with red stripes. Sounds funny but a guy in town has one and its the coolest color combo ive seen. Its the bright kinda flat chalky looking blue color with red stripes. Looks sweet!

Echonova
11-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Solid red coupe or 'vert.

DeeAOne
11-02-2010, 03:24 AM
black/red coupe.

nreggie454
11-02-2010, 07:35 AM
i never owned a vert, ive heard their heavier, and i dont like how they look. but anywho, nice ride, GL!
They ARE heavier and not as stiff, either. Also, if you ever take it to a track, most organizations will not let 'verts compete unless they have a hefty roll bar.

As other people mentioned, you can't get much use out of a 'vert in Atlanta because you can only drive it enjoyably during the fall and spring (unless you have allergies). Also, cloth tops will always tear eventually and won't insulate the car as well from heat or cold.

It goes without saying, I vote coupe.

RBS
11-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Verts are for chicks, Solid top all day. Just sayin

slostang
11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
to be honest, id go for a new 5.0 in the form of a black coupe.

bbuba
11-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Ive seen a blue with silver stripes one...
They look badass
Or silver with blue stripes

ezone
11-04-2010, 09:27 PM
vert's are only for nice climates, i don't think someone would be driving a vert with the top down in this weather right now and vert's are only for the looks of the car than how it handles coupes look more aggressive IMO

black with red stripe coupe gets my vote, i have never seen one with that color scheme around

gsrcivic
11-04-2010, 09:38 PM
throwing this in...the white coupes look sick but between black and red thats u

changaroo
11-04-2010, 09:59 PM
NEITHER CAUSE YOURE GOING TO BLOW IT UP LIEK YOUR LAST MUSTANG.

LOLOL

*RUNS*

msanch24
11-04-2010, 10:31 PM
to be honest, id go for a new 5.0 in the form of a black coupe.

true. i never thought about that. Drive the new 5.0 and get whichever feels better!

AnthonyF
11-05-2010, 05:34 PM
NEITHER CAUSE YOURE GOING TO BLOW IT UP LIEK YOUR LAST MUSTANG.

LOLOL

*RUNS*

No I won't! :P U shut yo mouf!

I don't care for the 5.0 and I just don't care that much about super speed...I has a crotch rocket now. lol. Makes top speed a lot easier and cheaper.

-Ant.

msanch24
11-05-2010, 11:06 PM
No I won't! :P U shut yo mouf!

I don't care for the 5.0 and I just don't care that much about super speed...I has a crotch rocket now. lol. Makes top speed a lot easier and cheaper.

-Ant.

whats wrong with the 5.0?

not pickin, just seriously wondering why you dont care for it