PDA

View Full Version : swaping to slotted/drilled rotors

pjm10626
10-28-2010, 06:13 AM
I am fixing to change my brake rotors and I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference between factory rotors and aftermarket slotted/drilled rotors with decent pads. I want to have some input from people that have started out with OEM brakes and have upgraded.
What are the advantages of the upgraded rotors and pads?
Do the upgraded rotors and pads reduce the chances of warped rotors? thanks.

RBS
10-28-2010, 09:31 AM
I am fixing to change my brake rotors and I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference between factory rotors and aftermarket slotted/drilled rotors with decent pads. I want to have some input from people that have started out with OEM brakes and have upgraded.
What are the advantages of the upgraded rotors and pads?
Do the upgraded rotors and pads reduce the chances of warped rotors? thanks.

Slotted and drilled rotors are useless, they alone will cause your rotors to warp due to all the metal taken off of the rotors to begin with, and once they warp they will crack and you will die. LoL

For a upgrade, buy new QUALITY blank rotors and high quality pads. Thats an upgrade, rotors with lots of surface area and pads that just wanna grab.

gsrcivic
10-28-2010, 09:51 AM
drilled and slotted rotors are suppose to be cooler with hard braking....ive ran them on my accord i had and i got some on my coupe now and i like um i have better braking in the mountains and they look pretty decent lol

pjm10626
10-28-2010, 10:02 AM
what kind of quality rotors would you recomend? like the more expensive ones from the parts store? what pads would you recomend? are the KBC green, yellow, red any good?

gsrcivic
10-28-2010, 10:12 AM
it just depends i went from oem auto parts store to ebay special drilled and slotted....ive heared the kbc are ok but idk to tell u the truth.....creamic pads....i got mine for 90 shipped off ebay came with the 2 rotors and the creamic pads

Black4DrEK
10-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I used them on my hatch.. Didnt have any problems..

silverDA
10-28-2010, 08:22 PM
i would get slit only.

4g638u
10-29-2010, 11:34 PM
how would drilled and slotted increase the chances of warping and cracking? warping and cracking are caused by excessive heat.... drilled and slotted reduce heat...

well the slotted removes the glaze from the brake pad, and the holes reduce heat