PDA

View Full Version : General Chat PAINTIN THE TEG!!!

deondre
10-27-2010, 10:44 PM
sup IA, im paintin my 94 teg im gettin the 98 front end conversion and type r lip
im just plan on repaintin it black, no color change, black isnt my favorite but i dislike mis matched door jams and engine bays...looks tacky...

but anyone i was trying to decide on which headlight and turn signal combo to go with.
should i do clear and amber? clean and oem ish
or should i do black housing with black housing? i kno its kinda ricey.

lmk!

Austin?
10-27-2010, 10:55 PM
lmao!!! you asking us how to do ur car???
your car is aleady RICED OUT..
i say burn it.

deondre
10-27-2010, 11:20 PM
lmao!!! you asking us how to do ur car???
your car is aleady RICED OUT..
i say burn it.

no, im just listening to opinions. thanks for the input! if i didnt know any better, id swear IA is full of 12 year olds...

HateCity24
10-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Ya man I know the feeling. God forbid you go to a car forum to ask for opinons on what to do to your car right? Anyways I always would vote clean oem in this debate.

deondre
10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Ya man I know the feeling. God forbid you go to a car forum to ask for opinons on what to do to your car right? Anyways I always would vote clean oem in this debate.

yea, its like some people troll around waitin to yell " RICE ". last i checked rice was like a ugly as body kit, a giant spoiler, neon lights, euro tail lights, painted interior etc..
but anywho thanks for the input, i went ahead and ordered all oem stuff besides the headlights! oem ones are like 350 dollars!!!!! maybe ill pick some up in the future.

RBS
10-28-2010, 12:56 PM
yea, its like some people troll around waitin to yell " RICE ". last i checked rice was like a ugly as body kit, a giant spoiler, neon lights, euro tail lights, painted interior etc..
but anywho thanks for the input, i went ahead and ordered all oem stuff besides the headlights! oem ones are like 350 dollars!!!!! maybe ill pick some up in the future.

aftermarket replacement integra headlights are actually better ( in my experience ) than the OEM pieces. reason being OEM lights come with fluted/hazed projector lenses, and the aftermarket ones have clear. What does this mean? means when you throw some useful 4-5k HID lights in them they will produce a very very nice beam pattern and have a very colorful cutoff. its like a poor mans HID retrofit

deondre
10-28-2010, 09:28 PM
aftermarket replacement integra headlights are actually better ( in my experience ) than the OEM pieces. reason being OEM lights come with fluted/hazed projector lenses, and the aftermarket ones have clear. What does this mean? means when you throw some useful 4-5k HID lights in them they will produce a very very nice beam pattern and have a very colorful cutoff. its like a poor mans HID retrofit

yea, thats another plus. too. ill post some pics up on car pics when its all said and done.

NOVAisFRE$H
11-15-2010, 11:35 PM

yeah OEM is always pricey

I wouldnt call your car rice, looks cleannn :D

wanggsticky
11-18-2010, 02:11 PM
yeah OEM is always pricey

I wouldnt call your car rice, looks cleannn :D

you gotta be kidding me right? please dont mod your car either, keep it stock. i have a feeling your shit will end up like the OP's car too

Bacon
11-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Here is an answer you will hear again and again:

DO WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT!!! Don't ask advice from anyone other than yourself; otherwise, you will hear people with bad remarks. Wanna keep it red? Fucking keep it red. Wanna paint it black? Do it.

RBS
11-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Here is an answer you will hear again and again:

DO WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT!!! Don't ask advice from anyone other than yourself; otherwise, you will hear people with bad remarks. Wanna keep it red? Fucking keep it red. Wanna paint it black? Do it.

its not that serious

Bacon
11-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Nor was my reply meant to be. I just put emphasis on the first part to make my point.

wanggsticky
11-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Nor was my reply meant to be. I just put emphasis on the first part to make my point.

hahaha..i keep hearing the same shit. "do what you want, its your car" but in the end people still keep asking

Bacon
11-18-2010, 03:45 PM
I can see the reason behind OP's question but to save face, the question should have never been asked. It will become a flame war.

RBS
11-18-2010, 10:00 PM
I can see the reason behind OP's question but to save face, the question should have never been asked. It will become a flame war.

this is IA, You and I both know there will be a flame war regardless LoL

Bacon
11-20-2010, 01:40 AM
this is IA, You and I both know there will be a flame war regardless LoL

:dunno: You are right.

OP, sell me the wing. That way you aren't multi-colored. :D

94_teg_ls
11-20-2010, 01:57 AM
i believe that wing if cf hence the black look

Bacon
11-20-2010, 02:53 AM
That wouldn't look good. I'd paint it body color.

AnthonyF
11-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Honestly, do what YOU like. Period. If people rag on you, so be it. It's your car. I am more of the OEM look with amber turnsignals. I'd paint your car one solid color. Ditch the black wing and paint it the same.

-Ant.