PDA

View Full Version : .......need some help on BOV.........

[3000gt20s]
10-26-2010, 11:29 PM
hey whats up guys ..i have a 97 audi a4 1.8t quattro. i know it comes stock with a diverter valve.. ive heard it is similiar to a BOV but instead it recirculates the release pressure... i just purshased a BOV, but ive read on the web that it can screw up my maf sensor readings. IS THIS TRUE? my ecu is APR tuned , i dont know if that will have any effects on it... can somene please help me on this subject???? reps will be giving for any advice...

by the way i have not installed the new BOV yet...

-EnVus-
10-27-2010, 12:09 AM
;39140199']hey whats up guys ..i have a 97 audi a4 1.8t quattro. i know it comes stock with a diverter valve.. ive heard it is similiar to a BOV but instead it recirculates the release pressure... i just purshased a BOV, but ive read on the web that it can screw up my maf sensor readings. IS THIS TRUE? my ecu is APR tuned , i dont know if that will have any effects on it... can somene please help me on this subject???? reps will be giving for any advice...

You didn't by the BOV looking to get a WHIPPPISH! sound did you ?
If so most the time the stock turbo isnt gonna push a lot of air to where you will hear it. At least thats from what ive been told and seen about some cars with stock setups.

[3000gt20s]
10-27-2010, 12:16 AM
^^^lol. actually i did buy it for the WHIPPISH!!! SOUND.. LOL im running 17psi of boost. so it should have enough pressure going thru to set it off.....right???

-EnVus-
10-27-2010, 12:22 AM
;39140214']^^^lol. actually i did buy it for the WHIPPISH!!! SOUND.. LOL im running 17psi of boost. so it should have enough pressure going thru to set it off.....right???

17psi i pray its not stock ?

[3000gt20s]
10-27-2010, 12:51 AM
full catback exhaust ,3 inch down pipe, APR tuned ecu. a4 audi comes stockin with 15 psi.

-EnVus-
10-27-2010, 12:56 AM
;39140225']3 inch down pipe, APR tuned ecu. a4 audi comes stockin with 15 psi.
Yeah i know that but 17psi on stock turbo may go before engine it explode lol. Also i just saw a video a guy did on youtube. He did a XS BOV on his and it back fires and spitts needs tuned now.

[3000gt20s]
10-27-2010, 01:05 AM
i think im just not gonna put that BOV on mu audi... seems like too much can go wrong.. you can here the stock one release but only when i boost hard... some people have told me if i change my aiir box and get a cone filter... it will enchance performance and the the sound of the turbo but i dont know how thats gonna work out with my MAF sensor since its on the box

-EnVus-
10-27-2010, 01:08 AM
;39140236']i think im just not gonna put that BOV on mu audi... seems like too much can go wrong.. you can here the stock one release but only when i boost hard... some people have told me if i change my aiir box and get a cone filter... it will enchance performance and the the sound of the turbo but i dont know how thats gonna work out with my MAF sensor since its on the box

If you do an after market air filter and exhaust you will notice the boost a lot more and louder. My bro just did the intake and exhaust on his Ford turbo diesel and its loud as hell under boost now lol

[3000gt20s]
10-27-2010, 08:25 AM
yea those ford turbo diesel are are crazy. my cousin down in miami races them his daily has 600 hp and his race truck has 1000hp. doing 10 flats in 1/4 mile....

Cynical 1
10-27-2010, 09:01 AM
yes, it will confuse the MAF and turn a CEL on for the loss of boost pressure and air due to it being vented to the atmosphere instead of recirculated like it is supposed to be...

the stock one is perfectly fine. if you want to upgrade, do a TT225 Dv, or get a Turbo XS valve, as it ban be set up like stock to recirculate...

[3000gt20s]
11-01-2010, 01:05 PM
so this weekend installed a atmospheric BOV and a cone air filter on the audi... it runs great .. no boost lag or anything. it actually picked up alittle extra power because of the cone not too much to notice.. but thanks everyone for the advice. ohh yea and its VERY LOUD too. lol

veersixin
11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
;39140199']hey whats up guys ..i have a 97 audi a4 1.8t quattro. i know it comes stock with a diverter valve.. ive heard it is similiar to a BOV but instead it recirculates the release pressure... i just purshased a BOV, but ive read on the web that it can screw up my maf sensor readings. IS THIS TRUE? my ecu is APR tuned , i dont know if that will have any effects on it... can somene please help me on this subject???? reps will be giving for any advice...

from my experience in the past on my 03 1.8t the BOV didnt effect the MAF. I bought the car brand new and sold it @ 70k Miles . The BOV was on the car since about 5K miles with it chipped.

S4saken
07-11-2012, 07:37 PM
;39143156']so this weekend installed a atmospheric BOV and a cone air filter on the audi... it runs great .. no boost lag or anything. it actually picked up alittle extra power because of the cone not too much to notice.. but thanks everyone for the advice. ohh yea and its VERY LOUD too. lol

Running a bov on these cars will cause it to run rich between shifts. And unless you have one that is completely closed at idle it will run rich then also. These cars where not ment to run bov cause ur letting metered air out of the systems some people have run BOV's no problem and other have problems, it hit or miss really but know that your car will always run better with a diverter valve. If you absolutely have to have the whoosh sound go with a forge spliter and vent/circulate 50/50.

HighRevRacin
09-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Running a bov on these cars will cause it to run rich between shifts. And unless you have one that is completely closed at idle it will run rich then also. These cars where not ment to run bov cause ur letting metered air out of the systems some people have run BOV's no problem and other have problems, it hit or miss really but know that your car will always run better with a diverter valve. If you absolutely have to have the whoosh sound go with a forge spliter and vent/circulate 50/50.

I have a Forge on my 03 a4 and a Forge hybrid is not really 50\50 its adjustable and u can go 25\75 or vice versa depends on what you want to here lol