PDA

View Full Version : Seems fair

Catnip
10-26-2010, 09:10 PM
So, here's the story. I still live with my parents as I just finished school. I've always paid for my cars with my own money, not money from my parents. My mom is a DFACS worker and was on emergency call the other week. At 1am, she got a call about a child needing to be picked up immediately, blah blah blah. Due to it being dark, my previous car being blacked out, and unusual parking that night, she backed into my car.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs636.snc4/59587_166814543332986_100000133254947_622440_55023 67_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs375.ash2/65380_166816013332839_100000133254947_622444_24991 06_n.jpg

She wakes me up that morning a little bit earlier than I get up for work to show me the damage. It's all good, she backed into me, we're on seperate policies, and my car will get fixed and probably a little money left over... in the very least, my mom offered to write me a check to rectify the incident. About this time I have a trade worked out, 2 of my cars for 1 car, a set of wheels, and some parts. Well, obviously we file a police report, file a claim, get estimates at a very well-known and respected body shop (also approved by the insurance company; my estimate @ $1200, my mom's @ $1700), and I get in touch with my possible trade. Due to the damage I only get the car, he keeps the wheels and extra parts. That's cool, I assume my mom's insurance will cover the damage to my vehicle, so I'll basically be reimbursed.

Wrong.
Insurance refuses to pay for the damage to my car, but offering to fix hers. Even though we have seperate policies, they said living at the same residence excludes the situation from coverage. Fucking really? Yes, fucking really. Alfa insurance is a joke. What's even better? After taking a $1000 hit on my deal, my mom is refusing to give me $800 to settle up... keep in mind the estimate was $1200.

quickdodge®
10-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Alfa insurance is a joke.

Most all insurance companies are that way. Later, QD.

Catnip
10-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Most all insurance companies are that way. Later, QD.

True. Just seems like they wouldn't treat another Alfa customer so wrong.

silversol
10-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Im not trying to sound like a dick so please dont take it that way. Are you parents charging you rent? If not you should really just try and fix it your self we both know how easy it would be to get a new door and paint the jams and blend the paint to the side of the car. shit happens and you know its nothing but trouble getting the insurance companys involved.

Catnip
10-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Im not trying to sound like a dick so please dont take it that way. Are you parents charging you rent? If not you should really just try and fix it your self we both know how easy it would be to get a new door and paint the jams and blend the paint to the side of the car. shit happens and you know its nothing but trouble getting the insurance companys involved.

You're good.
They aren't... yet. I know what you're saying, though. But it's the fact I took a hit on my deal, after my mom offered to reimburse me for the damages if we decided not to take it to the insurance. I work at the body shop at which the estimates were given, so I checked into fixing it at cost before I got rid of the car. The door alone used was $300, new $400 due to SE-Rs having different doors from regular Sentras. Said and done I would've spent around $600 if NOTHING broke and if I could actually buy everything at cost (everyone at the shop said the boss wouldn't have let me get everything at cost anyways).

BanginJimmy
10-26-2010, 10:29 PM
The fact that you even made this thread about your mom not giving you the cash makes you a total douche.

silversol
10-26-2010, 10:41 PM
You're good.
They aren't... yet. I know what you're saying, though. But it's the fact I took a hit on my deal, after my mom offered to reimburse me for the damages if we decided not to take it to the insurance. I work at the body shop at which the estimates were given, so I checked into fixing it at cost before I got rid of the car. The door alone used was $300, new $400 due to SE-Rs having different doors from regular Sentras. Said and done I would've spent around $600 if NOTHING broke and if I could actually buy everything at cost (everyone at the shop said the boss wouldn't have let me get everything at cost anyways).

You really should have just let your mom cover it since it would have cost you about 600$ anyways If it would have gone into insurance Im sure she would have ended up paying that plus just with her insurance going up after the claim! she is probably not wanting to cover it now because of the hasle it has put her in. There was a deal that because of my mother cost me $4500!!!! Thats a hit! but 600$ just suck it up and fix it. you said your self you parked in a new spot and I could see looking at the pics how easy it would be not to see that car at night. and from the looks of the pics you were right behind the garage door.

Nemesis
10-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Back into your moms car, then they have to fix your shit while not fixing your moms lol

Catnip
10-27-2010, 11:46 AM
The fact that you even made this thread about your mom not giving you the cash makes you a total douche.

Yeaaaaa... Try waking up to something you worked your whole life for, with $1200 worth of damage and basically being told to fuck off.

You really should have just let your mom cover it since it would have cost you about 600$ anyways If it would have gone into insurance Im sure she would have ended up paying that plus just with her insurance going up after the claim! she is probably not wanting to cover it now because of the hasle it has put her in. There was a deal that because of my mother cost me $4500!!!! Thats a hit! but 600$ just suck it up and fix it. you said your self you parked in a new spot and I could see looking at the pics how easy it would be not to see that car at night. and from the looks of the pics you were right behind the garage door.

I was parked in a bad spot because my parents made me park there. I didn't/don't care if it's done through insurance or privately, I just thought it was kinda fucked up I was told the situation would be rectified but now I'm being told to get over it.

Back into your moms car, then they have to fix your shit while not fixing your moms lol

LOL. That is no help Jorge!!!!

ISAtlanta300
10-27-2010, 11:47 AM

This. Suck it up, pay for the damages and stop acting like a spoiled brat.

Times are hard. Maybe your mom should just give you the $800 and not feed you for a month.....

Catnip
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM
This. Suck it up, pay for the damages and stop acting like a spoiled brat.

Times are hard. Maybe your mom should just give you the $800 and not feed you for a month.....

Your post is ridiculous.

ISAtlanta300
10-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Your post is ridiculous.

Why? I think I'm spot on.

It's not like your car is ruined. You can still drive it. Are you really going to beat your mom out of $ 800 just for a dent on the door?

There are more things in life to worry about.

Echonova
10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Here's the thing, did your mom know how much damage was going to cost when she offered to pay for it? My guess is no... What sucks is that it's family involved and given the situation, there can be no winner.

$800 isn't worth fighting with your folks over and it seems like you have only two options left. Fix it yourself... Or take your mom to small claims court.

I would not choose the latter myself.

Nemesis
10-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Or take your mom to small claims court.

Judge Judy!

Doppelgänger
10-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeaaaaa... Try waking up to something you worked your whole life for, with $1200 worth of damage and basically being told to fuck off.

Worked your whole life for? Dude, you change cars faster then potholes appear in Atlanta streets.

Time for a better insurance company..not some no-name cheap shit. Same shit happened to me and my shit got fixed no problem....probably because I have a good, quality insurance company..you may have even seen their commercials on T.V.!

RL...
10-27-2010, 02:24 PM
hit up mah boy ken-one call thats all

BanginJimmy
10-27-2010, 04:46 PM

Cry me a river kid. Its a fucking Sentra, not a Bugatti.

And if you really did work your whole life for a Sentra, your life is shit anyways so you might as well take your mom to court for a measly $800.

quickdodge®
10-27-2010, 05:00 PM

A couple of things seem to be amiss here, dude.

1. I'm sure you did not work your entire life for a "murdered-out Sentra." At least I hope not. Also, you didn't work for that car. You flipped cars around until you came across it. If you were really after this car, you would have had one long before now.

2. Secondly, if you've worked your whole life for this "murdered-out Sentra," then why does it say FOR SALE on the window.

You know I'm not trying to dog you, man, but that was kind of out there, you know. Later, QD.

Catnip
10-27-2010, 06:29 PM
A couple of things seem to be amiss here, dude.

1. I'm sure you did not work your entire life for a "murdered-out Sentra." At least I hope not. Also, you didn't work for that car. You flipped cars around until you came across it. If you were really after this car, you would have had one long before now.

2. Secondly, if you've worked your whole life for this "murdered-out Sentra," then why does it say FOR SALE on the window.

You know I'm not trying to dog you, man, but that was kind of out there, you know. Later, QD.

I know what y'all are saying about it being a fucking Sentra, but I didn't mean in the sense that I wanted a Sentra my whole life. I meant it as the level of car the Sentra was... 2004 model, fully loaded, top trim, looked great, had all name brand mods, extremely reliable, and consistently 12 second car. Not a gem, but like I said, I've been working towards that for a while now.

I'm not taking my folks to court and I probably won't take the insurance to court because I'd hate for her to be dropped, this was a rant/vent.

Bacon
10-27-2010, 07:31 PM
1-800-ALLSTATE <~~~ Get yourself in good hands. Sucks it happened but is it the end of the world that you didn't get the wheels and the parts you were wanting?

ItsBlack
10-27-2010, 07:57 PM
I would just suck it up. If it was a roomate or friend, then it would be more serious. But for what your mom has done for you all your life, $800 isn't something to complain about. The fact that your over 18 and she still allows you to live with her (and rent free) is a gift.

That does suck on the insurance part though.. what's the point of having insurance if they don't want to make repairs that wasn't your fault

Echonova
10-27-2010, 08:32 PM
1-800-ALLSTATE <~~~ Get yourself in good hands. Sucks it happened but is it the end of the world that you didn't get the wheels and the parts you were wanting?Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

Allstate is the worst fucking insurance company in the world. They don't pay out... Unless you take them to court, regardless whether their driver was at fault or not.

Fuck Allstate and the dude that does their commercials and the dude's mother that gave birth to him so he can do their commercials.

Catnip
10-27-2010, 10:19 PM
http://allstateinsuranceonline.com/images/Allstate2a1.jpg

Echonova
10-27-2010, 10:28 PM
My wife and kids were hit by a driver that blew a stop sign. He admitted it, we have several witnesses and 3 years later we are still waiting on a court date... Because even though he's at fault that doesn't mean he caused the accident. Rrrrrrriiiiiggggggghhhhhhttttt.

Meanwhile I have been out of 30k for the past 3 years because I actually believed them when they told me once the driver was found to be at fault they would take care of the hospital bills.

Catnip
10-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Wow. Sorry to hear all that man.

On another note, according to Dopplegagger, it should be ok because it's a big name brand insurance company and Alfa isn't...

Echonova
10-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Wow. Sorry to hear all that man.

On another note, according to Dopplegagger, it should be ok because it's a big name brand insurance company and Alfa isn't...I hate to admit it...

I LOL'd.

-EnVus-
10-27-2010, 11:29 PM
StateFarm over here bitches lol......I love my moms as much as God himself and if i was in the position knowing i used my parents utilities and ate they food while having a roof over my head id say "Don't worry mom i know it was a mistake we cool"

Catnip
10-28-2010, 07:18 AM
StateFarm over here bitches lol......I love my moms as much as God himself and if i was in the position knowing i used my parents utilities and ate they food while having a roof over my head id say "Don't worry mom i know it was a mistake we cool"

You're a wigger now?

-EnVus-
10-28-2010, 02:26 PM
You're a wigger now?

why cause i said "We cool" lol

Echonova
10-28-2010, 06:53 PM
and "moms"

BanginJimmy
10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
StateFarm over here bitches lol......

I have State Farm also. I got in a wreck, my fault, while my license was suspended and SF fixed both vehicles without even an extra phone call.

-EnVus-
10-28-2010, 08:20 PM
and "moms"
least i didn't say Mommy lol

I have State Farm also. I got in a wreck, my fault, while my license was suspended and SF fixed both vehicles without even an extra phone call.
Yeah they are great IMO