PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Drag Radials for the Mazdaspeed??

swagerwagon3
10-26-2010, 08:00 AM
I have an 08 Mazdaspeed3. I have a couple mods to it, Cobb accessport, Cobb Intake, Cobb Downpipe, and Exhuast. I went to the dragstrip and was running high 14's..with MPH in the low 100's..maybe I just can't drive, or my street tires are kinda worn...but before these mods I was running same times just this time faster MPH. So my questions is if I were to get some Drag radials, what SIZE, BRAND, and type of radial should I buy....??

Catnip
11-08-2010, 06:32 AM
I had hoosier DOT drag radials on my 320whp Sentra. I got a little too small, but otherwise they were great. I'd look into the 275/50/15 Hoosier DOT drag radials if I were you.

LeGaspardVQ
12-21-2010, 07:38 PM
FWD.... DOT tires and Slicks work best for us @ the track.......If your brakes will clear some 15 inch wheels, then go all out for some 15in Mickey Thompson or M&H SLICKS... If you need 16inch wheels, then some DOT tires (Hoosier quick time pros preferably) will be your best option, say in a 26 by 9.5 by 16.... If you MUST run drag radials, then hoosiers drag radials or mickey T's e.t. street radial. Hope this helps.... Love those 'Speed 3's by the way..