PDA

View Full Version : Will a Z6 intake manifold fit a y8 motor

preferredduck
10-25-2010, 06:54 PM
as the title states. a friend of mine was screwed on her swap and they put an auto manifold on a 5 speed. i have a 5 speed z6 manifold with all sensors etc but i know they are different in design. I know the injectors and fuel rail need to be swapped but i am wondering if this would work and it run right. let me know people's.

-EnVus-
10-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes

BrakeExpert
10-25-2010, 11:54 PM
All D-series intake manifolds will bolt on. the short answer is yes. You don't swap fuel injectors/rails, they will bolt in fine.
Note that 99-00 Civic EXs have air injection so if you use a Z6 manifold, you'll have to do some hole plugging.

The D16y8 engine with the AUTO transmission equipped engine works like the y7....it has the IACV in the throttle body. The y8 with the MANUAL had an IM with two holes and the IACV on the back of the plenum like the Z6. So if you use the z6 manifold on an automatic y8, bring your IACV with you....or plug the two holes and use the d16y7/d16y8auto throttle body with its IACV. One is a 2 wire and one is a 3 wire, there is a trick to do if you change it, but its not too hard.

preferredduck
10-26-2010, 01:13 AM
All D-series intake manifolds will bolt on. the short answer is yes. You don't swap fuel injectors/rails, they will bolt in fine.
Note that 99-00 Civic EXs have air injection so if you use a Z6 manifold, you'll have to do some hole plugging.

The D16y8 engine with the AUTO transmission equipped engine works like the y7....it has the IACV in the throttle body. The y8 with the MANUAL had an IM with two holes and the IACV on the back of the plenum like the Z6. So if you use the z6 manifold on an automatic y8, bring your IACV with you....or plug the two holes and use the d16y7/d16y8auto throttle body with its IACV. One is a 2 wire and one is a 3 wire, there is a trick to do if you change it, but its not too hard.

The car it may go on is a 96 civic ex. some idiot did a swap and it is a 5 speed and they have an automatic IM and TB on it and if i cannot find a y8 in a timely manner the z6 i have may go on it. I know about the IACV on the auto/manual esp since the other person trying to help today wanted to argue with me and say it did not matter. i had to laugh and ignore that one. he feels a checke engine light being pulled and switching plugs around is ok to run the car forever like that.

What about the fast idle thermo valve on the z6 manifold, i didn't think about that one til after i posted. it has a coolant hose and operates the idle until a z6 warms up but the y8 doesn't have it. hmmm, i just need to find a y8.

Black4DrEK
10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Yes

x2