PDA

View Full Version : 96 Integra GS-R PowerTrain Control Module (ECU/ECM)

RigaTony
10-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Hey guys. My car isn't starting anymore, but it is cranking. After quite a bit of research and even some false part replacement I strongly believe that my PCM needs replacing. Is there anyone who has one for sale? I am gonna check with Acura to see how much they will sell it for, but I am sure it will be a lot. Thanks for any help.

-Tony

EmminoDaGreat
10-25-2010, 01:15 AM
what tests lead you to believe this?

civicturbo10
10-25-2010, 07:10 AM
It's possible to have an ECU get taken out by a alternator. I just helped a fellow IA member down south and sure enough his ecu was taken out. As soon as i got there i told him possible causes were cheaper alternators from say autozone. He just so happen to purchase one just recently. We swapped ECUs on the spot and sure enough his swap started right up. I have seen cheaper built alternators take out ecus and it's quite a shame. Apparently , Honda engineered theirs in such a way that when the component fails it will not take out other components on your vehicle. Not saying this is the case for your scenario but this is why i go with OEM, with some of my parts.