PDA

View Full Version : INTEGRA TAILLIGHT/CLUSTER FUSE BLOWING!!

nelson9995
10-23-2010, 03:40 AM
ok guys please be mature about this as it has me very frustrated and if you don't have anything helpful or positive to say I'll be glad if you keep your comment.

my tailight/cluster fuse keeps blowing... I KNOW IT IS BECAUSE A WIRE IS TOUCHING SOMEWHERE!! problem is I cannot find the wire. I have wired and rewired everything possible.... system/radio/etc with no solution. I put in a new fuse and it blows instantly.

It happened when I chirped from 1st to 2nd one day and I looked down and the fuse just popped. Ever since I cannot find a solution and I am very frustrated... I even got a ticket for it..

I was told an electrician can follow the fuse back and figure out where and which wire is touching. I don't know if this is true or not but if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. If someone here knows how to fix it and fixes the problem I am willing to pay!

AnthonyF
10-23-2010, 08:41 AM
A proper mechanic CAN do this. But it tends to be costly b/c wire shorts are generally the most expensive diagnosis procedure due to the tedious labor involved. Find a good shop that can handle this sort of work.

-Ant.

Black4DrEK
10-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Or if you have a Test light, ohms meter,Wiring schematic,ect....

YOU can also do it.

But yes indeed if F'n sucks to figure these types of problems..

GL to you.

vtecdude93
10-23-2010, 02:32 PM
go to mitch

nelson9995
10-23-2010, 04:16 PM
go to mitch
who is mitch?

Or if you have a Test light, ohms meter,Wiring schematic,ect....

YOU can also do it.

But yes indeed if F'n sucks to figure these types of problems..

GL to you.

thanks! and yes it does suck i dont drive at night now

A proper mechanic CAN do this. But it tends to be costly b/c wire shorts are generally the most expensive diagnosis procedure due to the tedious labor involved. Find a good shop that can handle this sort of work.

-Ant.

hmm do you know of any shops?

EmminoDaGreat
10-23-2010, 06:07 PM
I can fix it.

nelson9995
10-23-2010, 06:24 PM
I can fix it.

how much??

dannysun
10-23-2010, 06:31 PM
it is our cd player in your car bro. the power wire check it

nelson9995
10-24-2010, 12:07 AM
i checked it a thousand times man lol

SLow_POke
10-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I do 80% Electrical Diags at work. they are a pain in the ass!!! but a huge satisfaction when u find the issue. anyway man it can get costly specially with shops charging fro 92 bucks an hr and up. specially if u get into flow chart charge. THEN your in for it. but your issue sounds pretty straight forward.

anyway what i would do is get a schematic and follow where ever there's a junction box/circuit breaker/or connectors.

for example if the circuit has two connectors first one by the drivers seat second by the trunk. what i would do is disconnect he first connector. Plug a fuse in if it blows you knows it is pass the the first connectorif it doesnt then it is from the that service connector to the fuse box. brkae it down keep it simple.

another thing u can use is a multimeter. or power probe. look for continuity with ground.

also if you use this tactic i would disconnect the light bulb im some rare occasion i seen a busted bulb cause this same issue. also bad or corroded pig tails.

EmminoDaGreat
10-25-2010, 01:05 AM
I cant really tell you a price because I havent looked the car over...

nelson9995
11-08-2010, 05:38 PM
okay guys I was messing with some wires and now got it to turn on. 30 minutes later the cluster, park lights, and tailights went off. So my first thought is that the fuse blew again. It didn't. The fuse is now good and does not blow but the cluster, tail and park lights still dont work. any ideas?

Skidtron_97
04-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Did you ever get it fixed?

Theycall_Metue
04-03-2013, 06:13 PM
this thread is almost 2 1/2 years old