PDA

View Full Version : reviews on ITB's

0\s accord
10-21-2010, 05:59 PM
was looking to do something different. So i was thinking of going with itb's but i would like to know more about them first.

like,
what brand is best for its price. Ive noticed the range in price of itb's are pretty high.

tuning?

gas mileage? i heard it is a big lose in gas mileage but thats not a big concern to me.

manintence? anything else u have to worry about besides normal tune ups?

power gain? im not looking for alot of power want to know what to expect like i said just wanting something different

how reliable is it for every day driving?

any help will be appreciated:goodjob:

and if your wondering what its going in its a 91 civic si with a zc bottom end with a d16z6 head. thats rite old fasion d series

RBS
10-22-2010, 11:00 AM
ITB's are good power makers, but for you it is pointless.

Im sure your ZC bottom/Z6 head setup is nowhere near built to the point where it would benefit from ITB's. If you have to ask questions about getting them then you really shouldn't be bothering with them. If your going to keep it old fashion, keep it old fashion.. get a skunk2 manifold, port match a TB and call it a day.

dannysun
10-22-2010, 01:52 PM
itbs are gay

slostang
10-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Your gains on a stock motor will be minimal, if any.

And ITB's SUCK for daily duty.

If you really want to waste $1000+ just give me the money...

A better way to make decent power while still 100% streetable, get a turbo kit, 440cc injectors, 255lph fuel pump, adjustable FPR, stage 2 clutch, and a GOOD tune. On 8psi with a stock motor and an ebay 50 trim you should be in the range of 200+ WHP. Thats PLENTY of fun for an EF.

Black4DrEK
10-22-2010, 07:42 PM
^^ Thats your idea of Reliable good setup?

HAHA

0\s accord
10-23-2010, 09:37 AM
lol i like how ppl are honest on here. i was just looking to try something different. thanks everyone for the input :goodjob:

RBS
10-23-2010, 08:28 PM
cHyea Boiiiiiiii