PDA

View Full Version : General Chat What do you think?

Squirrley
10-20-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm thinking about trading my miata for a 240..
i love the miata, its a blast to drive. i'm just wanting to step into something new.....(besides a honda!!!)

anybody got any pro's and con's on 240's?
or if it would even be worth it at all?

msanch24
10-20-2010, 08:37 PM
well, for starters, if (and i do stress the "if") you can actually find a clean one, the owner will be asking entirely too much, just because its clean. also, unless theyre swapped, theyre not quick. Personally, id keep the miata, but if you want something new why not look bmw ways or the like? im assuming you wanna stay in a coupe/convertible, otherwise i wouldve suggested something like a g20 or maxima. people underestimate how much fun those cars can be.

nreggie454
10-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Keep the Miata. 240s are worse and their owners are all idiots.

Squirrley
10-21-2010, 12:38 AM
im actually looking to get out of the smaller/ 2 seaters lol,
and i just love seeing the potential in 240's, miata's have amazing potential as well, but like i said, just in general i wanna step into some new game.
something i dont know, and i dont mind at all starting off slow and building my way up. i actually enjoy the fact of doing that,
any other suggestions on anything in general?
besides honda's and acura's lol
i like to stay a little different

nreggie454
10-21-2010, 12:57 AM
and i just love seeing the potential in 240's, miata's have amazing potential as well, but like i said, just in general i wanna step into some new game.
something i dont know, and i dont mind at all starting off slow and building my way up. i actually enjoy the fact of doing that,
240s only have "potential" because in stock form, they really suck. They don't handle very well without a decent amount of suspension mods, and KAs like blowing up if you make any power with them. As stated earlier, SRed 240s are usually grossly inflated in price, and any other non-KA engine (RB, CA18, etc.) are even worse in regards to price inflation. If it has any paint at all, the owner will think that he is selling a original Shelby Cobra and try to rape you on price. You can thank F&F for this ridiculous inflated value. Also, you should know that any cheap 240s you happen to come across have been ragged harder than a 56 year old crack whore and are held together with zip-ties, duct tape, and JB weld.

If you wanna go fairly unique and still fun (read: RWD), I like Starions/Conquests, but they are pretty hard to come by, especially in good condition, and their head gaskets are made out of single-ply toilet paper. E30s are definitely fun, but as with any older car, be prepared to replace all bushings and address any other problems (e.g. transmission grinds, blown shocks, loss of compression, etc.). Also, beware of modded E30s because you know that it has been ragged to hell and back.

I still think you should stick with the Miata. If it bores you, save up for some mods and improve what you have.

msanch24
10-21-2010, 08:22 AM

I'd have to recommend a 99-01 g20. fantastic cars, and you rarely see modded ones. Very easy and fun to work on as well.

Squirrley
10-21-2010, 09:58 AM
240s only have "potential" because in stock form, they really suck. They don't handle very well without a decent amount of suspension mods, and KAs like blowing up if you make any power with them. As stated earlier, SRed 240s are usually grossly inflated in price, and any other non-KA engine (RB, CA18, etc.) are even worse in regards to price inflation. If it has any paint at all, the owner will think that he is selling a original Shelby Cobra and try to rape you on price. You can thank F&F for this ridiculous inflated value. Also, you should know that any cheap 240s you happen to come across have been ragged harder than a 56 year old crack whore and are held together with zip-ties, duct tape, and JB weld.

If you wanna go fairly unique and still fun (read: RWD), I like Starions/Conquests, but they are pretty hard to come by, especially in good condition, and their head gaskets are made out of single-ply toilet paper. E30s are definitely fun, but as with any older car, be prepared to replace all bushings and address any other problems (e.g. transmission grinds, blown shocks, loss of compression, etc.). Also, beware of modded E30s because you know that it has been ragged to hell and back.

I still think you should stick with the Miata. If it bores you, save up for some mods and improve what you have.

i've noticed everything your naming about the 240's lol
and, by all means, i dont wanna go in debt building a car.. which sounds like thats gonna happen if i start on a 240

Squirrley
10-21-2010, 09:59 AM
I'd have to recommend a 99-01 g20. fantastic cars, and you rarely see modded ones. Very easy and fun to work on as well.

i just got through looking those up,
and i actually like em!
i'ma look more into em. preciate it man

msanch24
10-21-2010, 03:11 PM
not a problem. keep us updated

Squirrley
10-21-2010, 04:13 PM
will do bro