PDA

View Full Version : Sports Dunta Robinson fined $50,000 for laying out Desean Jackson

VIP Style
10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Ok first off, the hit appeared clean to me. Second, the whole falcons team from matt ryan to Thomas Decoud need to help dunta pay this fine considering how shitty they played. I blame kolb more than anyone for setting desean up like that to get the crap knocked out of him. Kolb was under pressure and just threw the ball up hoping for a miracle, and he probably wonders why he lost his job to vick in the first place.

nreggie454
10-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Here is a video of the hit (unless it gets taken down) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAR_zEvT7dM

I feel that it was a clean hit. If big hits didn't happen, it wouldn't be football. I think the QB threw a dangerous pass (high and away), which is a known risk for a big hit by a DB.

While I never hope for injuries on either side of the ball, I do feel that it is a known evil of the sport. Call it barbaric, call it brutal, but without that danger, it is not football.

-EnVus-
10-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Looked clean IMO also...

blown_ss
10-20-2010, 12:24 PM
i think none of the 3 people fined this week had bad hits. if you watch them slow they are clean hits, hell one of the players (offence) was falling down due to another player when he got hit. what should that player do when he is already in the middle of making his hit? he cant stop! these new rules are going to kill the NFL as we all know it.

boosted347
10-20-2010, 02:57 PM
the pats safety who was fined that was a dirty hit he lunged up head first into todd heap, he should have been fined, robinsons hit was clean imho, harrisons hit on cribbs was questionable the other was clean, the new rule is gonna ruin the sport and what it is :(

nreggie454
10-20-2010, 03:44 PM
I think that it is hypocritical of the NFL to fine players for big hits and then sell a DVD of the same big hits at the end of the season.

BanginJimmy
10-20-2010, 05:15 PM
NFL wide, the players need to protest the fines for a big hit. Hell, if I was fined 50k for a clean hit I would let the next receiver that made a catch in front of me go. If asked, I would tell the press that I did it on purpose because I didnt want to get fined for a hard, but clean hit.

DynamicSound
10-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I think that it is hypocritical of the NFL to fine players for big hits and then sell a DVD of the same big hits at the end of the season.

x2 I mean that is what they want to win games. It if football, people get hurt.

bdydrpdmazda
10-20-2010, 09:32 PM
i agree that this is all bs also, looked like robinson went in to the pads like he was supposed to but it was two athletes running full speed at eachother, what did they think would happen...