PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Any Audi Owners on here?

1CleanEg
10-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I have been on IA for awhile now and barely see any audi pics around. Recently purchased a B6 and was wondering how many audi people, meets, etc. we have around????

nreggie454
10-19-2010, 05:12 PM
I have a B6 A4 1.8T Quattro, but I am in Memphis at the moment.

[3000gt20s]
10-19-2010, 05:29 PM
i have a b5 a4 1.8 quattro... im in loganville... just got the audi... pm me

1CleanEg
10-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I have a B6 A4 1.8T Quattro, but I am in Memphis at the moment.

anything done to ur b6?

nreggie454
10-19-2010, 08:35 PM
anything done to ur b6?
Debadged the trunk except for the Four Rings, tinted 35% all but windshield. Haven't touched anything else since I enjoy having good gas mileage and reliability with my light wallet. Also, Audi recently recalled the crappy factory coil packs and will give you new ones for free if the previous owner hasn't done that yet.

I just try to keep it clean for now.

nreggie454
10-19-2010, 10:20 PM
What color is yours? (I talked to you at the barber shop a few months ago in lville.)

my buddy has a blue b6
Mine is black, but I haven't been to a barbershop in lville to my knowledge. I will post some pics soon once I have the time to get the car pretty again (rained today in Memphis.)

[3000gt20s]
10-19-2010, 10:46 PM
mine is black also red logo in the front black wheels rs4 front end

1CleanEg
10-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Debadged the trunk except for the Four Rings, tinted 35% all but windshield. Haven't touched anything else since I enjoy having good gas mileage and reliability with my light wallet. Also, Audi recently recalled the crappy factory coil packs and will give you new ones for free if the previous owner hasn't done that yet.

I just try to keep it clean for now.

yea i hear u on that man, i have simple stuff planned for the car. Unfortunately i have an 03 and i think the recall was only thru 02 cars and i just got a CEL for my coil pack on cyl 4. Mines is Dolphin Grey

tellis24
12-05-2010, 11:57 PM
hey man, i just got a vr6 b5 quattro that has Fully rebuilt motor, top to bottom. Work done by kinetic speed shop, only 28k miles on rebuild
-Semi build:
1.Bored .030 over,
2. Wiseco pistons
3.Eagle rods
4.Port and polished head
5.Full head job with titanium valve springs
-Found receipts from previous owner who had many many things replaced including
1.Sway bars
2.Sway bar links
3.Bushings for sway bars
4.Ignition
5.Passenger side headlight and mirror
6.Lots more
-High end options such as: Black leather, sunroof, one touch windows, headlight washers, woodgrain dash, Bose speakers,etc..
-New stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel

but where do you live, there is a vw meet every thursday on chastain road.

1CleanEg
12-06-2010, 06:07 AM
^ how does the engine pull with the work? any plans on supercharging it? i live in lawrenceville, Im just trying to get all the maintenance up to date. This weekend i got the fuel pump and filter replaced and did the coil packs. Still have a check engine light on but i think that may be a boost leak problem. After i get everything running right im gonna do coilovers, BLQ,VMR or BBS LM reps, Rs4 rear sway bar, Stage 1+ chip, exhaust, TIP, Downpipe and call it a day.

[3000gt20s]
12-06-2010, 02:54 PM
good to see yall are working on your audis. me and my buddy just lowered by b5 this weeked ... the stance is amazing, the drop is somewhere around 3 inches all the way around.... pics will be up soon

tellis24
12-06-2010, 11:03 PM
it pulls pretty damn hard for a 12v at least. i have an intake coming in tomorrow that should unleash some more power since it has that build on the factory intake lol. BUt i would love to supercharge it, but the $$$ arent quite there yet lol. Ive also got coils that are on the way and should be in in a week.

1CleanEg
12-07-2010, 06:08 AM
it pulls pretty damn hard for a 12v at least. i have an intake coming in tomorrow that should unleash some more power since it has that build on the factory intake lol. BUt i would love to supercharge it, but the $$$ arent quite there yet lol. Ive also got coils that are on the way and should be in in a week.

i feel u on the money man lol. ive decided to just tackle things one at a time. I realize that this is gonna be a loooooooong project to just have a nice clean b6 since there arent to many i see riding around in the atl.

trini_gsr
12-07-2010, 01:31 PM
i have a b6 a4 avant...lowered with staggered wheels, exhaust, FMIC, slightly bigger turbo. i want to change the engine mgmt on it though and re-paint it, hopefully in the next few months. i wouldn't call the car fast lol but it's decent - not trying to go all out with it tho just keep it simple and clean

1CleanEg
12-08-2010, 07:52 AM
i have a b6 a4 avant...lowered with staggered wheels, exhaust, FMIC, slightly bigger turbo. i want to change the engine mgmt on it though and re-paint it, hopefully in the next few months. i wouldn't call the car fast lol but it's decent - not trying to go all out with it tho just keep it simple and clean

man avants are sexy as hail. seems if u wanna make these cars fast ur gonna end up spending 5-6k and im not tryin to do that either. I got it b/c u dont see alot of audis riding around. lowered with wheels and a few other exterior parts and they are still some of the cleanest cars out there. lol @ "slightly bigger turbo" k04?

JR VQ 30 de
12-08-2010, 01:33 PM
i got a mkI tt

tellis24
12-08-2010, 07:26 PM
i know a guy with a b6 1.8 and all he did was a front mount and tune and his numbers jumped significantly. but i got the intake in and felt a pretty nice difference for 100 dollars, so im pretty pleased with it lol.

trini_gsr
12-08-2010, 10:57 PM
man avants are sexy as hail. seems if u wanna make these cars fast ur gonna end up spending 5-6k and im not tryin to do that either. I got it b/c u dont see alot of audis riding around. lowered with wheels and a few other exterior parts and they are still some of the cleanest cars out there. lol @ "slightly bigger turbo" k04?

agreed on the $$$ making it fast. to make serious power you have to put rods in it, and these motors don't rev high so i don't see the sense in putting a big turbo on it without building the head. the turbo is actually a subaru turbo lol...probably around a gt28r or possibly disco potato size if i had to guess?

oh and the car has the oettinger kit on it too...i looked long and hard to find this avant (got it from canada actually). i got an avant for the same reasons u said...timeless looks and u don't see modded audis often, much less avants.

OnURleft
12-09-2010, 01:12 AM
We have/had Audi's in the family..

B6 S4 (sold)
S5 (current)
B5 S4 (cousin)
Allroad 2.7T (sold)

I'd recommend Superior Autohaus in Roswell for anything Audi/Porsche tuning or maintenance. There's a bunch of Audi's on here

1CleanEg
12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
agreed on the $$$ making it fast. to make serious power you have to put rods in it, and these motors don't rev high so i don't see the sense in putting a big turbo on it without building the head. the turbo is actually a subaru turbo lol...probably around a gt28r or possibly disco potato size if i had to guess?

oh and the car has the oettinger kit on it too...i looked long and hard to find this avant (got it from canada actually). i got an avant for the same reasons u said...timeless looks and u don't see modded audis often, much less avants.

nice man, dyno'd yet? i love the ottey kit but im not spending that money on it. I want to find a USP front and rear and get some S4 side blades and a splitter for the front bumper and thats about it. Ur trini huh? my whole fam is from Jamaica.

1CleanEg
12-09-2010, 07:38 AM
We have/had Audi's in the family..

B6 S4 (sold)
S5 (current)
B5 S4 (cousin)
Allroad 2.7T (sold)

I'd recommend Superior Autohaus in Roswell for anything Audi/Porsche tuning or maintenance. There's a bunch of Audi's on here

nice lineup u got there. I have heard from a few people about Superior. Im probably gonna go there when im looking to get chipped and other stuff.

trini_gsr
12-09-2010, 07:46 AM
nice man, dyno'd yet? i love the ottey kit but im not spending that money on it. I want to find a USP front and rear and get some S4 side blades and a splitter for the front bumper and thats about it. Ur trini huh? my whole fam is from Jamaica.

i lucked up and found my b6 with the oetty kit and this turbo already on it :) that's why i went all the way to canada for it lol. bc that kit costs $$$ but it looks awesome on b6 avants, that's what made me fall in love with them. up in canada, apparently it's pretty popular for them to use subaru turbos on audis from what i was told. and no i haven't dynoed it - i will tho after i change the engine mgmt. thinking about going with revo or eurodyne. right now if i had to guess i'd say it probably makes somewhere around 250whp? it pulls fairly comparably to my integra and it made about 290whp on the dyno, plus the avant is a lot heavier...

lol and yeah...well i was raised in south FL but my whole fam is from TnT

1CleanEg
12-09-2010, 08:11 AM
i lucked up and found my b6 with the oetty kit and this turbo already on it :) that's why i went all the way to canada for it lol. bc that kit costs $$$ but it looks awesome on b6 avants, that's what made me fall in love with them. up in canada, apparently it's pretty popular for them to use subaru turbos on audis from what i was told. and no i haven't dynoed it - i will tho after i change the engine mgmt. thinking about going with revo or eurodyne. right now if i had to guess i'd say it probably makes somewhere around 250whp? it pulls fairly comparably to my integra and it made about 290whp on the dyno, plus the avant is a lot heavier...

lol and yeah...well i was raised in south FL but my whole fam is from TnT

man and i thought me driving to orlando to pick up my b6 was far lol. but sounds like it was worth it if the price was right. ill start modding my car next year, i was just working on getting it running right. thats pretty good power tho,

I was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale myself man lol.