PDA

View Full Version : Misc Hello from..

tony
10-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Sunny,

Balad, Iraq :D This place looks dead, and I mean the forum not the war zone. I know we have more than a few vets if they still post, anyone been through this part of the world? I've been here a month now and stuck here till next year.. its not bad really but I wouldn't want to do 8 months or more.

Xrated O.G.
10-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Ive been through Balad, Basrah, Umm Qsar, Baghdad and Erbil... Its not nearly as bad as it used to be. Got to watch your six everywhere though. Im now over here in sunny Afghanistan. Its different but yet still the same as Iraq. If you get up into Baghdad, I have a quite a few friends that you could chill and have a drink with...

tony
10-17-2010, 11:59 AM
We have a couple of guys that are trying to switch over to Afghanistan. Can't give details but yeah you definitely have to be aware here or things can/will happen. They let you drink in Baghdad? Army I assume? I think they're able to drink here too but apparently the Air Force believes airmen can't handle their liquor out here (to which they're probably right) Suprisingly the Army has a lot more liberties here on base than we do.

Xrated O.G.
10-18-2010, 12:58 PM
They dont "let" you drink anywhere over there. But there is a liquior store in the IZ (Green Zone).