PDA

View Full Version : salt/sugar in gas tank......help!!!!

Beesta
10-16-2010, 04:43 PM
today a hater pour some salt or sugar into my gas tank. Gas tank near empty. Does anyone know what I can do to prevent major issue going forward????? Any advise is greatly appreciated.....Thanks.:cry:

Echonova
10-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Drop the tank, drain it and wash it out. Re-install and refill with gas.

Slap a bitch.

-EnVus-
10-16-2010, 04:48 PM
today a hater pour some salt or sugar into my gas tank. Gas tank near empty. Does anyone know what I can do to prevent major issue going forward????? Any advise is greatly appreciated.....Thanks.:cry:

what is this the 80's all over again who the fuck does that shit still ??

ro_roy
10-16-2010, 04:53 PM
oh man that sucks, if u cranked the engine for a while you will be lucky just cleaning up the tank, some times it goes all the way to the injectors and u have to take everything off and clean it...

Krazykouki
10-16-2010, 06:43 PM
This is what fuel pump strainers and fuel filter are for. If you ran the car, replace them. You need to drop the tank and just clean it out...it won't harm your engine but it can make it run like crap. Back in the day, it could stop up carb jets and cause all kinds of carb problems. Fuel injection systems are not as easily harmed. Sugar and Salt do not absorb into gas, it will just sit in the tank, it has to be cleaned out.

Beesta
10-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the infos...car is already jacked up and just need to yank the gas tank out.