PDA

View Full Version : wtf

88civic_hatc
10-15-2010, 07:33 PM
i have an eg with an ls swap and it idles kinda wierd till it warms up not the usual surge its fast and short then when it warms up it dies and i adjusted the idle a lil and it idles at 100 rpms its throwing a code for iac ive swaped iacs and no luck anyone have any ideas. i have another issue to i have a cable tranny in that car with the hasport conversion kit on it and the arm that comes out of the tranny wont go back down all the way when u let the clutch out u can push it down but then the pedal goes to the floor when u push it. the arm on the trans works when u pick it up and let it go it goes all the way down but it wont do it when the slave cylinder moves it any suggestions i need help asap!!!

preferredduck
10-16-2010, 02:23 AM
i have an eg with an ls swap and it idles kinda wierd till it warms up not the usual surge its fast and short then when it warms up it dies and i adjusted the idle a lil and it idles at 100 rpms its throwing a code for iac ive swaped iacs and no luck anyone have any ideas. i have another issue to i have a cable tranny in that car with the hasport conversion kit on it and the arm that comes out of the tranny wont go back down all the way when u let the clutch out u can push it down but then the pedal goes to the floor when u push it. the arm on the trans works when u pick it up and let it go it goes all the way down but it wont do it when the slave cylinder moves it any suggestions i need help asap!!!

if there is no conversion harness then the plug may need to be rewired, depends on the harness etc but i would look into that. i know when you do dpfi to mpfi the wires need to be switched in the iacv i think.

Black4DrEK
10-16-2010, 02:25 AM
Do you have the Plugs in correctly?

88civic_hatc
10-17-2010, 04:25 PM
the plugs are the same i have an eg not an ef my pic on here is old

Black4DrEK
10-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Im sayin.. Do you have the Plugs for all your harness, Pluged in Correct?

preferredduck
10-17-2010, 10:40 PM
if it's for the iacv it's either wiring, or plugged in wrong, or wiring. depending on the harness you used the wires could be different. what engine harness are you using and what obd is the motor and IACV?

Black4DrEK
10-18-2010, 12:49 AM
If your harness is kinda hacked.. Then it would be easy to get the IACV,EVAP,IAT plugs mixed up.. just sayin..

NO CEL?

Bacon
10-18-2010, 03:44 AM
If your harness is kinda hacked.. Then it would be easy to get the IACV,EVAP,IAT plugs mixed up.. just sayin..

NO CEL?

It's throwing a code for IACV. Double check your plugs on IACV, EVAP, IAT, etc to make sure the right plugs are going to the right sensor like Black4DrEK mentioned.

88civic_hatc
10-19-2010, 06:57 PM
the harness is the factory one for car its a 92 vx and the iac is the d series one im 100 percent positive the plugs are right i dont have any evap stuff on there i took it off could that b the problem? i didnt think that crap matter except for emisions. i am at a loss

blown_ss
10-19-2010, 08:06 PM
the harness is the factory one for car its a 92 vx and the iac is the d series one im 100 percent positive the plugs are right i dont have any evap stuff on there i took it off could that b the problem? i didnt think that crap matter except for emisions. i am at a loss

your best bet would be to find a obd1 ls harness.

preferredduck
10-19-2010, 09:28 PM
the harness should work but on some of them the wiring is a little different and certain things that tie into the wires. i would have to go through my diagrams to see if there is a difference in the VX harness from a DX harness.

Starrfire
10-19-2010, 09:39 PM
^^^Oh yes there is lol. There is egr and a 5 wire o2 on a vx while the dx has a 4 wire and no egr. The harness also won't plug up due to different strut tower plugs. Gonna have to modify the vx one.

silversol
10-20-2010, 01:18 AM
^^ no the plugs are the same on the shock tower there is a extra plug on the shock tower for the egr and the 5 wire o2 he can use a dx harness and it will be plug and play.

88civic_hatc
10-20-2010, 09:06 AM
So what y'all are saying is in need a dx harness or an ls harness? Y is that

Black4DrEK
10-20-2010, 11:42 AM
No.. your harness will work man...

Starrfire
10-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Well gonna have to do something about the 5 wire o2

preferredduck
10-21-2010, 01:28 AM
hang on a minute, i just helped a buddy put the same motor in a 94 CX hatch, i wire o2 sensor, prewired for vtec etc and some of the o2 things were already ran to the ecu. the dx and vx and cx are different lolz at that mess. why i have no idea. my book is on del sol's, let me see if i can find a link for a chiltons for you and you need to follow the diagram and look at the ecu pin out on IA and in the book to compare. it can always be straightened out, just need to look for the best and easiest route, don't want a rats nest of wires.

preferredduck
10-21-2010, 01:32 AM
http://www.picktorrent.com/torrents/d8/chiltons-repair-manual-91-honda-civic/

torrent link for manual downloads, there is a 92-95 service manual etc on the page so check it out.