PDA

View Full Version : Always strapped...lol

HateCity24
10-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Sooo I basically always have a gun on me to catch whatever the world throws. That being said I was getting sick and tired of riding with a holster and gun on my waist. (very uncomfortable) And I never liked the idea of a gun in the glovebox where it's a pain in the ass to get to if you ever need it. So I put my old oversized, hard to conceal holster to some use.lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/countryaccent/newconsole007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/countryaccent/newconsole011.jpg

tj1986c
10-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Pretty sweet, lol.....

Bacon
10-09-2010, 08:55 PM
If someone walked up to your car with a gun, you would have been shot in the time it takes to grab it. I love my Blackhawk holster but I do agree that it's bulky.

My opinion, buy a shoulder holster. Easy to conceal and quick to get to if needed.

-EnVus-
10-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I see this being a bad idea with time....

Hatmanafro
10-10-2010, 02:03 AM
so is that legal?...

j0nbunklah0m
10-10-2010, 02:40 AM
hope u dont get into a wreck with that thing sittin there

HateCity24
10-10-2010, 03:24 AM
so is that legal?...

As long as you have a carry permit it is.

Bacon
10-10-2010, 06:27 AM

Don't need a permit to have it in your car.

HateCity24
10-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Yes you do. You don't need a permit to have one in your glovebox. You are not allowed to have one elsewhere in the vehicle

Bacon
10-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Yes you do. You don't need a permit to have one in your glovebox. You are not allowed to have one elsewhere in the vehicle

If you are not prohibited by law from owning a firearm you may carry a weapon on your own property and in your own home, motor vehicle and place of business without needing a valid weapons carry license.

Directly from ~~~> http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

No you do not.

HateCity24
10-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Well before I had my concealed license I was told by a gwinnett co cop that it is only lawful in the glovebox. Elsewhere in the vehicle could be considered "concelaed". That being said cops are fucking stupid and I believe
you are right. However if you have guns spread about your vehicle and no license expect some flack

quickdodgeŽ
10-10-2010, 08:55 AM

Well before I had my concealed license I was told by a gwinnett co cop that it is only lawful in the glovebox. Elsewhere in the vehicle could be considered "concelaed". That being said cops are fucking stupid and I believe
you are right. However if you have guns spread about your vehicle and no license expect some flack

Are these jokes? Or are you being serious? Please say it's the former.

And please, indulge me...why are cops "fucking stupid?" I'm pretty sure you have a justifiable reason to think this. Later, QD.

Bacon
10-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Cops are not stupid. Laws change yearly so it's likely they were right. You can possess a firearm loaded/unloaded as you please where ever you want inside your car without a permit. If you don't want to catch shit from a cop about it, get a licence or be cool about it if he asks. As long as you are lawfully allowed by federal law to possess it, what would you be worried about unless it was a stolen firearm.

HateCity24
10-10-2010, 07:00 PM
And please, indulge me...why are cops "fucking stupid?" I'm pretty sure you have a justifiable reason to think this. Later, QD.
http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/crimecops/headlines/98799064.html

ronnie my friends and i know his step father. He is the last person that deserved this, especially under the circumstances. The police knew he was ronnies father and still beat the living shit out of him at his own house while his dead son hang in the garage. That doesn't seem like a group of highly educated individuals to me? Of course I don't believe "all" cops are stupid. I simply meant the cop I spoke with may have been ill informed. Take a fucking chill pill.

HateCity24
10-10-2010, 07:13 PM
The law does not forbid any person who is not ineligible for a firearms license from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle in an open manner or in the glove compartment console or similar compartment of the vehicle.

So basically you are right, like i said you probably were. But basically have it in a glovebox or somewhere else in the car, but not on your person or it may be considered "concealed".

get a licence or be cool about it if he asks. As long as you are lawfully allowed by federal law to possess it, what would you be worried about unless it was a stolen firearm.
I was never worried and I do have had my license for a while now

coreyctr1980
10-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Lol, cops are never a dick to me. When i get pulled over i just tell them i have a gun in the car, even though i have a concealed weapons permit. It's gotten me out of every ticket i should have gotten over the past 2 years. Cops have to fill out about 10 pages worth of paperwork to write you a citation if you have a weapon so most of the time, they dont.

EG_Ryder
10-10-2010, 08:46 PM
hope u dont get into a wreck with that thing sittin there

guess he will learn that the hard way...smh

quickdodgeŽ
10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Of course I don't believe "all" cops are stupid.

You probably could have made this part more clear. [/QUOTE]

But basically have it in a glovebox or somewhere else in the car, but not on your person or it may be considered "concealed".

Wow. Lolol. Later, QD.

HateCity24
10-10-2010, 09:02 PM
guess he will learn that the hard way...smh

I dont see how this is any more dangerous then having it wedged between my seat and the console? Its in a locking holster... unless your implying it will break off and hit me in the face?

-EnVus-
10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
I dont see how this is any more dangerous then having it wedged between my seat and the console? Its in a locking holster... unless your implying it will break off and hit me in the face?

Its the fact of of all places to put the gun that was a bad one. I mean stick it under ya dash or over your head somewhere. I wouldnt want cops or people seeing it out in the blue like that.

quickdodgeŽ
10-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I wouldnt want cops or people seeing it out in the blue like that.

It's in a legal spot in his car so it doesn't matter if cops see it. As far as other folks seeing, you're right....not a good choice. Later, QD.

revenge
10-10-2010, 09:19 PM
i think its f....ing cool.!

Bacon
10-10-2010, 09:29 PM
The law does not forbid any person who is not ineligible for a firearms license from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle in an open manner or in the glove compartment console or similar compartment of the vehicle.

So basically you are right, like i said you probably were. But basically have it in a glovebox or somewhere else in the car, but not on your person or it may be considered "concealed".

I was never worried and I do have had my license for a while now

So, it's not considered concealed if it's in your glovebox? Sounds pretty concealed to me.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/crimecops/headlines/98799064.html

ronnie my friends and i know his step father. He is the last person that deserved this, especially under the circumstances. The police knew he was ronnies father and still beat the living shit out of him at his own house while his dead son hang in the garage. That doesn't seem like a group of highly educated individuals to me? Of course I don't believe "all" cops are stupid. I simply meant the cop I spoke with may have been ill informed. Take a fucking chill pill.

What this sounds like is the police officers were trying to get him to calm down. Obviously, they will use excessive force should you resist. If my son committed suicide, I would be hysterical too and would need to be calmed down.

preferredduck
10-11-2010, 01:52 AM

the new law states that your car is an extension of your home, 3 cops have seen my glock in the seat and said nothing about it, even when i asked them. i need one of those for my Si.

HateCity24
10-11-2010, 06:36 AM
If my son committed suicide, I would be hysterical too and would need to be calmed down.
I see where your coming from but breaking a mans nose and eye socket is not helping him calm down.

Bacon
10-11-2010, 10:55 AM
I see where your coming from but breaking a mans nose and eye socket is not helping him calm down.

Police officers will restrain if need be. It probably happened on accident and someone is looking for an opportunity to get money in a lawsuit; doesn't mean they are stupid.

HateCity24
10-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Ya I'm sure 2 cops accidently held his arms while a third punched him repetitivly in the face. The whole neighborhood saw this go down. I know these people personally. He called the first cop a pussy when he first jerked his arm for laying his hands on him. Morally wrong? Yes. But cmon. And I know if I ever came home to my sons lifeless body my first thought would be how I could cash in off this... Dude stop defendig this particular situation. I get it that not all cops are dumb but I know you don't believe there aren't some stupid cops. SOME

loganville-man-alleges-police-brutality-071610

http://theintelhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/police_beating.png
accident my ass

Bacon
10-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Ya I'm sure 2 cops accidently held his arms while a third punched him repetitivly in the face. The whole neighborhood saw this go down. I know these people personally. He called the first cop a pussy when he first jerked his arm for laying his hands on him. Morally wrong? Yes. But cmon. And I know if I ever came home to my sons lifeless body my first thought would be how I could cash in off this... Dude stop defendig this particular situation. I get it that not all cops are dumb but I know you don't believe there aren't some stupid cops. SOME

loganville-man-alleges-police-brutality-071610

http://theintelhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/police_beating.png
accident my ass

I hope you don't ever breed.

C.Smock
10-12-2010, 08:17 AM
this thread is full of win!!! +reps to few! imma bite my tougne on this tho lolol

HateCity24
10-12-2010, 10:54 AM
It probably happened on accident and someone is looking for an opportunity to get money in a lawsuit; doesn't mean they are stupid.
I love how your so fucking stupid that you can't pick up on sarcasm directed towards you. And just because I know "sarcasm" is a big word for you, here ya go.

sarˇcasm   /ˈsɑrkćzəm/ Show Spelled
[sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA

–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

On_Her_Face
10-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Sooo I basically always have a gun on me to catch whatever the world throws. That being said I was getting sick and tired of riding with a holster and gun on my waist. (very uncomfortable) And I never liked the idea of a gun in the glovebox where it's a pain in the ass to get to if you ever need it. So I put my old oversized, hard to conceal holster to some use.lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/countryaccent/newconsole007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/countryaccent/newconsole011.jpg

Quit being a sissy, keep it on your hip.

http://i42.tinypic.com/23k7rk8.jpg

Here's what I did lol (Stolen from CF.com)

Bacon
10-12-2010, 03:43 PM
You are calling me stupid yet you don't even know the state laws for carrying a firearm?

msanch24
10-12-2010, 05:19 PM
calm down ladies.

HateCity24
10-12-2010, 05:50 PM
calm down ladies.

YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!!!!! hahah j/k. na your right, im getting all worked up over nothing. On a lighter note, the mounting of that glock is badass, I think I like that location more than mine. Too late now though the holes are drilled, lol.

Bacon
10-12-2010, 05:51 PM
That isn't a Glock.....just sayin.

I just keep mine wedged between the drivers seat and the center console. Easy to get to if I need it.

HateCity24
10-12-2010, 06:19 PM
What kinda pistol is that?

Bacon
10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
His appears to be Sig or maybe Taurus.

quickdodgeŽ
10-12-2010, 07:06 PM
I just keep mine wedged between the drivers seat and the center console. Easy to get to if I need it.

Same here. Later, QD.

patrick4588
10-12-2010, 07:24 PM
You are calling me stupid yet you don't even know the state laws for carrying a firearm?

qft. on a side note, its not called a conceal permit. just a pet peeve when ppl call it that. it was previously called a georgia firearms license and is now a georgia weapons carry license.

HateCity24
10-13-2010, 07:52 AM
qft. on a side note, its not called a conceal permit. just a pet peeve when ppl call it that. it was previously called a georgia firearms license and is now a georgia weapons carry license.Ya I called it that just to piss you off. How about I call it a shooty card. And ps. I'm sorry I don't know the laws for those who don't have a permit. You must understand that they don't pertain to me. I hate this fucking forum

Bacon
10-13-2010, 06:17 PM
What laws don't pertain to you?

HateCity24
10-13-2010, 07:19 PM
The laws that pertain to those who do not have a "georgia weapons carry permit."

Bacon
10-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Laws are laws regardless of who you are or what kinda of credentials you possess. Those credentials allow you to carry in more places.....that's about it. Unless you are the Pope or something, they apply to you too.

HateCity24
10-13-2010, 09:08 PM
no..Laws that say you can't have a gun on your person at a resturaunt do not apply to me because I have a permit. kapeesh?

Bacon
10-13-2010, 09:09 PM
If you work at said restaurant you can...

quickdodgeŽ
10-13-2010, 09:43 PM
I hate this fucking forum

Then why are you continuing to post? Later, QD.

nreggie454
10-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Then why are you continuing to post? Later, QD.
I have to agree. I hate marthastewart.com, and as a result, I have never posted on that site. Seems silly to waste time on something you hate. Almost as silly as that holster.

silversol
10-14-2010, 01:26 AM
Kind showing off imo!

-EnVus-
10-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Kind showing off imo!
Ive had this feeling about this whole thread its just stupid...

CodeRED-MVBC
10-14-2010, 04:16 AM
Dude, not a bad idea i must say.. Yeah, in the long run it could be trouble. But i keep my pump tac 12 right therre in my integra. And the shells in my door part. I see where your comin from, it all comes down to the person.. Not where the guns at. Thats my P.O.V. on this long third shift!!

Peace

HateCity24
10-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Ive had this feeling about this whole thread its just stupid...
God forbid I thought it was kinda cool and wanted to show others... Thought that's what this section of the forum was for? Like 5 posts in this forum were actually about the fucking holster. Everything else was just douchebaggery.

Bacon
10-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Dude, not a bad idea i must say.. Yeah, in the long run it could be trouble. But i keep my pump tac 12 right therre in my integra. And the shells in my door part. I see where your comin from, it all comes down to the person.. Not where the guns at. Thats my P.O.V. on this long third shift!!

Peace

This is almost as stupid.

quickdodgeŽ
10-14-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm not really partaking in this "douchebaggery," as you call it and you yourself are contributing to, but I still wonder why if.............

I hate this fucking forum

Then why the continued responses? You say you hate this place, yet...... Later, QD.

God forbid I thought it was kinda cool and wanted to show others... Thought that's what this section of the forum was for? Like 5 posts in this forum were actually about the fucking holster. Everything else was just douchebaggery.

oneSLOWex
10-14-2010, 11:13 PM

Peace

you keep a god damn shotgun in the car with you? Are you paranoid or fucking retarded?

CodeRED-MVBC
10-15-2010, 03:12 AM
^^^^ Na, not paranoid, nor retarded.. Just like keep my gauge with me.. LOTS AND LOTS of meth heads live around here, Thats why its there little buddy!!!

Bacon
10-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Did you DIY a holster for it too?

oneSLOWex
10-15-2010, 10:44 AM
^^^^ Na, not paranoid, nor retarded.. Just like keep my gauge with me.. LOTS AND LOTS of meth heads live around here, Thats why its there little buddy!!!

If someone runs up on your ass you will have no chance at loading that thing...let alone swinging it around inside a car. Get a handgun if you need protection from the "meth heads"....or just move if its that bad.

C.Smock
10-15-2010, 10:53 AM
If someone runs up on your ass you will have no chance at loading that thing...let alone swinging it around inside a car. Get a handgun if you need protection from the "meth heads"....or just move if its that bad.

hes 20, cant carry one yet lol

butttt i would like to see pics of his DIY holster :)

oneSLOWex
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
hes 20, cant carry one yet lol

butttt i would like to see pics of his DIY holster :)

Either way...a shot gun inside a car in a situation where its needed quickly isn't going to end well for him. Go grab a shotgun and put it in your car and try to load it and aim it quickly inside the car...

C.Smock
10-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Either way...a shot gun inside a car in a situation where its needed quickly isn't going to end well for him. Go grab a shotgun and put it in your car and try to load it and aim it quickly inside the car...

no i agree by all means i was just saying thats prolly why he doesnt have a pistol, granted the shot gun is probably ging to just get him killed quicker than helping him in a situation inside his car.

Bacon
10-15-2010, 02:15 PM

Have you truly seen what cocaine and meth do to someone? Major adrenaline rush. They will over take you even if they get shot. Keep the shotgun at home.

HateCity24
10-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Have you truly seen what cocaine and meth do to someone? Major adrenaline rush. They will over take you even if they get shot. Keep the shotgun at home.

Qft. Although I would assume you would need some pretttttty good meth to not be phased by a point blank shotgun blast.

HateCity24
10-16-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm not really partaking in this "douchebaggery," as you call it and you yourself are contributing to, but I still wonder why if.............

Then why the continued responses? You say you hate this place, yet...... Later, QD.
Its like when an ugly girl is fixing to show her tits. You know your going to regret it later and your not going to like what you see, but you have to look.

nreggie454
10-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Its like when an ugly girl is fixing to show her tits. You know your going to regret it later and your not going to like what you see, but you have to look.
So, either you acknowledge that you have a thing for ugly girls, or you actually like IA.

If you wanna follow your metaphor, you have seen the ugly girl's tits many times but keep coming back for more.

quickdodgeŽ
10-16-2010, 07:40 PM
but you have to look.

I don't have to. Don't know about you. Later, QD.

SUBY_RUE
10-16-2010, 08:47 PM
How did this thread go from guns to titties? Not that im arguing.....

Bacon
10-16-2010, 08:49 PM
I was wondering the same thing but couldn't finger it out either.

I'm still in for the DIY pump holster....should be interesting :dunno:

JDMGRNAV6
10-16-2010, 10:11 PM
hit something and i guarantee that shit flys!! tits!! lol lol, if shes fat tell her to pull her shirt down from the top lmao

Bacon
10-16-2010, 10:40 PM
hit something and i guarantee that shit flys!! tits!! lol lol, if shes fat tell her to pull her shirt down from the top lmao

That's a dismantled Blackhawk Serpa holster. Unless the screws holding it to the car rip out, that firearm isn't going anywhere.

claybird
10-17-2010, 12:52 PM
i like that spot. I always keep my Ruger with me. I always leave it on the dash!

Bacon
10-17-2010, 01:36 PM
What the hell is up with people keeping their guns in plain view? Stupid idea.

Rsporty
08-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I had basically the same set up in my old 5.0, when I could still carry.
Only difference is mine was mounted on the driver's side and higher up, so it wasn't really even visible when I was in the seat.
Any time I got pulled over, I just rolled down my window, put both hands on the "window sill" of my door, so they could see them and told the officers that I had a gun in the vehicle, as they were walking up.
NEVER had a problem with a single cop and most even thought it was a pretty cool idea.

ava_Z32
08-16-2011, 02:10 PM
What the hell is up with people keeping their guns in plain view? Stupid idea.

that was my first thought when I saw this thread.

This whole gangster mentality in our current pop culture has made toting guns a "cool" thing to do so people wanna show them off.
when I get my carry permit, I will be carrying almost all the time.

Thing is, nobody needs to know that I have a gun on me. Ever. Too many bad things can come form that. The only time anyone will see my gun is if they're getting shot by it, and that's only if my life is in immediate danger. I don't want anyone to know that I have a weapon on me. I lose the element of surprise, and there are too many stupid people out there that will escalate things.

I have never understood why people want to advertise the fact that they're carrying.

J. Jean
08-16-2011, 04:43 PM

yo man thats pretty friggin sweet and ? where did you go to get you CCW permit?

Bacon
08-16-2011, 08:19 PM
yo man thats pretty friggin sweet and ? where did you go to get you CCW permit?

Your local probate court.

J. Jean
08-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Your local probate court.

cool ill google there nearest one to me. Preciate it

Bacon
08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Has to be in the county in which you live in.

Got Milk?
08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
you keep a god damn shotgun in the car with you? Are you paranoid or fucking retarded?

I guess I'm paranoid mother fucking retard too. ar15 in the xxxxxx, sig in xxxx, and shotgun in xxx. And yes, i am paranoid. lol

To original post. Not my cup of tea. It is in very open spot. I doubt you would even have a chance to grab it before someone shots your brains out.

J. Jean
08-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Has to be in the county in which you live in.

Yeah I seen that after finding the county website thanks for the info. and one more thing about how long does it take? I was told four months by someone but I just wanted to be sure they were correct.

Bacon
08-17-2011, 07:35 PM
I had mine in less than two weeks.

Sinfix_15
08-18-2011, 01:46 PM

Not these
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhQhBfDOya9TJwYImSGXuztYbz-BfLrbn9ezHO86Y1TIiaT9Uc3w

alpine_aw11
08-18-2011, 02:20 PM
I plan on making a mount like that but on the other side, it just doesn't really make sense to keep it by the passenger seat to me.

Sinfix_15
08-18-2011, 02:26 PM
http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/universal-vehicle-handgun-holster-mount.jpg

J. Jean
08-18-2011, 09:49 PM
thanks bro

Bacon
08-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Not these
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhQhBfDOya9TJwYImSGXuztYbz-BfLrbn9ezHO86Y1TIiaT9Uc3w

Congrats :dunno: I've seen what drugs do to trauma patients in person. Yes they can come at you.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/universal-vehicle-handgun-holster-mount.jpg

I love that positioning. What holster is that?

J. Jean
08-19-2011, 05:36 PM

yo thats pretty slick I like that

mikesEK
08-20-2011, 10:52 PM
I always ride with mine under my right thigh.... I see blue light I drop mag breach slide and AS SOON as the officer walks to my window i say
"officer i have a firearm (point to pass seat) its here on passengers side seat....." MOST times they respect that and say "thank you for pointing that out sir..bla bla bla"
other times i get in an aggresive tone "PLACE BOTH YOUR HANDS ON STEERING WHEEL....." I must say the "law" seems to change from cop to cop , I honestly feel MOST cops DONT KNOW SHIT and think the only ppl that should have guns is COPS and cops only ..... seriously a 6-7 months ago i had a cop tell me "you may NOT keep one in the chamber" I said ((NO BULLSHIT, JUST LIKE THIS)) "officer ....WITH ALL DUE RESPECT thats stupid why would I even carry if its not ready to USE TO PROTECT MY LIFE from a would be attacker" he said "its a new law bla bla bla" ........... at THIS MOMENT to help stop the dumb 30mins on the side of the road bullshit , I initiated my DROP MAG ,BREAD SLIDE policy ,, in hopes to make life a little easier ......

mikesEK
08-20-2011, 10:59 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh i left out the fact my glock ays CEDAR RAPIDS POLICE DEPT on the slide .... so i get this alot

COP>are you in law enforcement??
ME>no sir
COP> why do you have a firearm issued to a law enfircement agency?
ME>have you ever heard od Smryna Police supply?
COP> answer varries
ME> they buy police trade-ins and re-furb then re-sale them

you can feel the tention in the air.... THEY DONT LIKE IT

Sinfix_15
08-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Congrats :dunno: I've seen what drugs do to trauma patients in person. Yes they can come at you.

I love that positioning. What holster is that?

pro fighters and boxers have failed drug tests for cocaine before and been stopped in the ring.... with hands. Cocaine is a painkiller and would give someone an advantage in combat for that reason alone, but your body still functions the same way. You can be knocked out regardless of what drugs are flowing thru ur system and a properly placed bullet kills you. coke/meth has a speed and pain killer effect but it doesnt transform you into a bullet dodging superhero. Stopping power vs drug users is a factor in why police use .40/.45 cals.

Unless Ronnie Coleman snorts a line that looks like a garden hose, a .45 to the chest is putting you on the ground. And if it doesnt......... 2-3 most certainly will.

Steering wheel holster is from here http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Universal-Vehicle-Handgun-Holster-Mount-p5.html

Sinfix_15
08-21-2011, 08:15 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh i left out the fact my glock ays CEDAR RAPIDS POLICE DEPT on the slide .... so i get this alot

COP>are you in law enforcement??
ME>no sir
COP> why do you have a firearm issued to a law enfircement agency?
ME>have you ever heard od Smryna Police supply?
COP> answer varries
ME> they buy police trade-ins and re-furb then re-sale them

you can feel the tention in the air.... THEY DONT LIKE IT

Being non threatening goes a long way with cops in my personal experience, whether i get stopped @ 3AM on a back road or in a church parking lot, i always put one hand out the window and one on the wheel in plain sight and leave them there until the cop walks up and speaks to me. I end the answer to whatever question he asks me first with "i have a registered handgun inside the vehicle"

The way i see it, im paranoid, if i was a cop, i would approach every car as if Hitler was behind the wheel. so when i get pulled over, i assume that cop is equally as on guard.

Bacon
08-21-2011, 07:29 PM
I will never empty my gun for a police officer. Henry County pulled me over last week. I handed him my DL, GFL, and insurance card and told him it was loaded, chambered, and holstered in the door pocket. He reached down and grabbed it and took it with him to make sure it wasn't a stolen firearm. All was good and he handed it back to me the same way he grabbed it. Officers will vary from place to place.

tnomud
08-25-2011, 01:48 AM
I just keep my backup weapon on the front seat in a backpack, one always on the hip. Never once had a cop ask to see either.............

tnomud
08-25-2011, 01:50 AM

its hard for them to come at you when a 10mm Georgia Arms hollowpoint just put their spine about 40 feet behind them along with a cople of their ribs and skin from one lung.:lmfao:

-EnVus-
08-25-2011, 02:50 AM
I will never empty my gun for a police officer. Henry County pulled me over last week. I handed him my DL, GFL, and insurance card and told him it was loaded, chambered, and holstered in the door pocket. He reached down and grabbed it and took it with him to make sure it wasn't a stolen firearm. All was good and he handed it back to me the same way he grabbed it. Officers will vary from place to place.
Like this cop from Ohio starting at 6:30 of video...

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc

patrick4588
08-29-2011, 03:46 PM

thats a violation of your 4th amendment rights if you didnt consent to it. I never will. I dont notify either when pulled over.

patrick4588
08-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Being non threatening goes a long way with cops in my personal experience, whether i get stopped @ 3AM on a back road or in a church parking lot, i always put one hand out the window and one on the wheel in plain sight and leave them there until the cop walks up and speaks to me. I end the answer to whatever question he asks me first with "i have a registered handgun inside the vehicle"

The way i see it, im paranoid, if i was a cop, i would approach every car as if Hitler was behind the wheel. so when i get pulled over, i assume that cop is equally as on guard.

there is no gun registration in GA....

Bacon
08-29-2011, 09:54 PM
thats a violation of your 4th amendment rights if you didnt consent to it. I never will. I dont notify either when pulled over.

It doesn't bother me at all really. It beats hearing shit from the officer because I didn't tell him it was there. That particular officer was the only one to ever take it with him back to his car. All the others saw it in the passenger seat and didn't say much about it when I handed him my permit. Guess it also makes a difference when I am public safety and my tag reflects that.

patrick4588
09-01-2011, 11:53 AM
I just dont notify, therefore they never knew i was armed to begin with. It can't bring any good to the situation. It's not really any of their business anyway.

chameleon30038
09-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Learning a lot reading in here lol

Waitil learning on IA ... Oh boy .. smh.

tnomud
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I just dont notify, therefore they never knew i was armed to begin with. It can't bring any good to the situation. It's not really any of their business anyway.

I guess it depends where you get stopped. When I get stopped here (Newnan/Coweta Co.), I always give them my permit with my license for a few reasons. 1. My vehicles are very easy to spot and remember. 2. It takes the edge off the stop for them. 3. The stop is usually over 30 seconds after they have seen my permit, sometimes less.