PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

Kalifornia087
11-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Soo i have had a lot of imports, and would have had a 240 had someone not tried to screw me over, but i ended up going domestic for a while.. i really like it though, and it drifts like i want so yea... It is a 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. 2.3 turbo, T-5 5speed, 8.8 rearend, it's pretty solid. Bought it for $1000, put new rear end bearings and rear axle bearings, a starter, battery, and gave it a tune up. My friends waxed it and painted the wheels for me while i was at work one day, if you had seen it before you would have been like me and said something like "holy shit i never thought that car would shine, at all..." But yeah, it's my new baby, $1400 total invested, little bit left to touch up (like the headlight lens you can see missing).. i will throw one of me in there too... here you go... oh and a quick action shot haha, having some fun, drifting around at low speeds (like 30 hehe)

imbosile
11-14-2005, 01:47 PM
nice man

1439/2000
11-14-2005, 01:51 PM
You used to drive like a white civic or something and wanted a 1st gen mr2? That sticks out about you. I'm Jay with the black turbo kouki s14. Dont have it anymore, but i made the connection.

Tbird looks alright. Keep it up.

Kalifornia087
11-14-2005, 01:59 PM
hahah yes i had the CRX, it was awesome LoL... and i had an mr2 for a while but it was a pile of shit.. yeah i remember teh s14, that thing was badass! thanks for the comment, it will be lowered (a lot) pretty soon, but i am waiting until i get new shocks.. i will be getting some better action shots soon.. but its not a bad $1400 car you know? see ya around,

-Austin

WINDSOR
11-14-2005, 05:59 PM
nice,not sure if i dig the JDM treatment on the snowflakes but other then that it looks good. Are you planning on leaving the motor stock? Those 2.3 turbo motors are pretty stout and pretty easy to get 300-350 hp out of.

BufordŽ
11-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Tight car! I always wanted one of those. But then I almost bought a Thunder Bird SC. (Super Charged Super Coupe).

Kalifornia087
11-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Tight car! I always wanted one of those. But then I almost bought a Thunder Bird SC. (Super Charged Super Coupe).
oh yes, i was actually looking for those when i found this. I love SC's, the next body style the year after mine... for finally did it right, using the 6 cylinder instead of the 4!! but i love this car, it is just a blast to drive!

nice,not sure if i dig the JDM treatment on the snowflakes but other then that it looks good. Are you planning on leaving the motor stock? Those 2.3 turbo motors are pretty stout and pretty easy to get 300-350 hp out of.
Haha, yea the snowflakes were pretty scratched and faded and old looking, and with the wax job just didn't look nice, so they got the jdm treatmend hehe... i will be keeping the 2.3t, but i am looking into making it faster soon. i got to put new shocks on it first, then Ford Racing lsd rebuild kit, and afterwards teh motor will be addressed. i need Susp first though :( .... But after a while, bigger IC, and either a t3, or a holset will find a new home under the hood ;p... thanks everyone, i will be fixing it up even more though, when i lower it i will post up some before/after on level ground... keep an eye out, more to come...

deffro
11-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Those cars are a blast to drive, nice find.