PDA

View Full Version : Mum in auto accident on I-75

DrivenMind
11-14-2005, 11:28 AM
My mom was driving to work this morning headed to the air port for a business trip to NY. On the way there a Cement truck with trailer in tow decided to go for a tiny opening in traffic. Mom sees him coming and decides to give it some gas because she doesn't think he sees her. He clips her drivers side rear quarter panel sending the car rotating around his front bumper he then hit the Maxima again sending it across all 4 lanes of I-75 and into the lane of a fast moving pick up. The pickup hits the car and causes it to continue spinning in traffic at a high rate of speed until finally coming to a stop in the middle of I-75SB before the I-285 exit. She walked away fine with usual bumps and bruises. When she got home she told me how she remembered something I told her about what to do in an accident "when the car starts to slide look where you want to go, steer, and give it gas". She told me when the truck hit her she cut the wheel and put it to the floor to keep from going off the road into the guard rail.

Man I'm glad she's ok.

Hulud
11-14-2005, 11:30 AM
damn thats a real close one

kelly marie
11-14-2005, 11:30 AM
wow sorry to hear that.. and glad she is ok

Repost Squintz
11-14-2005, 11:32 AM
My mom was driving to work this morning headed to the air port for a business trip to NY. On the way there a Cement truck with trailer in tow decided to go for a tiny opening in traffic. Mom sees him coming and decides to give it some gas because she doesn't think he sees her. He clips her drivers side rear quarter panel sending the car rotating around his front bumper he then hit the Maxima again sending it across all 4 lanes of I-75 and into the lane of a fast moving pick up. The pickup hits the car and causes it to continue spinning in traffic at a high rate of speed until finally coming to a stop in the middle of I-75SB before the I-285 exit. She walked away fine with usual bumps and bruises. When she got home she told me how she remembered something I told her about what to do in an accident "when the car starts to slide look where you want to go, steer, and give it gas". She told me when the truck hit her she cut the wheel and put it to the floor to keep from going off the road into the guard rail.

Man I'm glad she's ok.
woah, ur mom listens to you? damn... i wish mine would... anyways, glad she's alright though

Ex_Vtec_Girl
11-14-2005, 11:33 AM
damn, glad she's ok!

Nitro
11-14-2005, 11:33 AM
srry to hear that.....def. glad she's a ok tho... :)

SquishyC
11-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Wow, glad shes ok :)

Scrappy
11-14-2005, 11:57 AM
awww mommy is a lucky mom! glad shes fine, cars can be replaced, moms cant

KevinT707
11-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Good thing Mom is ok !

Ruiner
11-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Glad she is okay. So, I would assume that the truck driver was given a citation on the scene and everything else will be covered by his insurance?

RandomGuy
11-14-2005, 12:34 PM
woah, ur mom listens to you? damn... i wish mine would... anyways, glad she's alright though
we meet again

The Golden Child
11-14-2005, 12:56 PM
wow thats good your mom came out ok ..
hope everything turns out better ..

rickgiblin
11-14-2005, 01:05 PM
dam... glad that shes fine. whats she gonna do about her business trip? but once again glad shes ok

TheFireMan
11-14-2005, 01:24 PM
That sux man. Hope she's alrright

Princess12
11-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Wow...I'm glad she's ok.

Kelly_Rene
11-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Glad that she is ok. This is why I avoid big trucks and big rigs as much as possible.

RISKYB
11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
glad she's ok man, those truckers for the most part sont give a shit, not all are bad, but alot of em are just shitty

DrivenMind
11-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Glad she is okay. So, I would assume that the truck driver was given a citation on the scene and everything else will be covered by his insurance?

Yep, kinda good thing came out of it... mom actually hit her garage door and did a little damage to the front end which is all going to be replaced all paid for by Mr. Truckers insurance.

woah, ur mom listens to you?

Oh ya... It was kinda funny. She's all all the videos I've got of me and my friends doing burnouts and what not and she said "Robert... oh you would have been so proud of the amount of smoke I put out". It made me giggle.

Vuongy_Dong
11-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Glad that she is ok.

smiley723
11-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Oh ya... It was kinda funny. She's all all the videos I've got of me and my friends doing burnouts and what not and she said "Robert... oh you would have been so proud of the amount of smoke I put out". It made me giggle.

Dude if my mom ever said something like that I think I would die right then and there. that is hilarious. Glad to hear she is ok.