PDA

View Full Version : Want to come be a part of a Top Gear Taping ?

RutRoe
10-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Peep this....

http://www.on-camera-audiences.com/shows/show/216

Studio is south of LA at El Toro Air force base. If anyone has travel plans to be out that way or has friends that are interested, please share the link with them.

I'd love to see some IA'ers out in the crowd.

Thanks!
Rut

silversol
10-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Damn I wish I could go!

Humphrizzle
10-01-2010, 07:03 PM
wish i wuz rich.. i'd be out there in no time!

Echonova
10-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Refuse to leave your trailer until they move the studio to Atlanta. Then we will pack the joint every show.

RutRoe
10-01-2010, 11:52 PM
How awesome would that be !!!!

I mean... we shot one of the pieces in Griffin. That's got to be worth something :)

Seymour222
10-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Sounds cool. My father in law likes you.....more than me. Jk. He thinks you're funny. Would probably be a pretty good vacay.

RutRoe
10-02-2010, 12:05 AM
HA ! Tell him I said thanks... maybe one day, if I'm lucky, you'll find me amusing too. I'm pretty good with kids. And small horses, but not ponies. Ponies freak me out.

JessAlba452
10-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks for sharing this info with us, I'll pass it on. Even though I'd like to be there myself haha :D

Seymour222
10-02-2010, 10:31 AM
HA ! Tell him I said thanks... maybe one day, if I'm lucky, you'll find me amusing too. I'm pretty good with kids. And small horses, but not ponies. Ponies freak me out.

I chose a poor choice of words in the sentence structure. I meant to say, "He likes you better than he likes his son-in-law." I need to work on my communication skills. I think you're funny, too. Didn't you used to have a lime green toyota?

RutRoe
10-02-2010, 03:39 PM
HAha...I was just messing with you man. I know what you were saying. My father in law is a toughy too so that cracks me up.

I indeed had a lime green Toyota truck which I joking and lovingly called "Project drift truck." It was a fun little simple ride. I only painted it that color because a friend had it for free so we sprayed it. He actually bought it to paint his brother's Caddy and take it back with a "haha now your car is ugly" theme, but the car died before he could.

I think way more people know me on IA because I used to change cars like I changed shirts...I didn't do it much to make money, but just because I loved cars and it was so fun to have them, clean them up, and then trade for something else. But once I started working for SPEED, I really didn't have time to mess with it too much...although my current project car is a 83 Civic Wagon which I bought 3 different parts cars to build :) so I guess I haven't slowed down all that much.

Thanks for the support and please tell your father in-law I said hello...and that he needs to be nice to you cause we're cool. Ha.

Rut

EG_Ryder
10-02-2010, 05:43 PM
HAha...I was just messing with you man. I know what you were saying. My father in law is a toughy too so that cracks me up.

I indeed had a lime green Toyota truck which I joking and lovingly called "Project drift truck." It was a fun little simple ride. I only painted it that color because a friend had it for free so we sprayed it. He actually bought it to paint his brother's Caddy and take it back with a "haha now your car is ugly" theme, but the car died before he could.

I think way more people know me on IA because I used to change cars like I changed shirts...I didn't do it much to make money, but just because I loved cars and it was so fun to have them, clean them up, and then trade for something else. But once I started working for SPEED, I really didn't have time to mess with it too much...although my current project car is a 83 Civic Wagon which I bought 3 different parts cars to build :) so I guess I haven't slowed down all that much.

Thanks for the support and please tell your father in-law I said hello...and that he needs to be nice to you cause we're cool. Ha.

Rut

How did you get your job with Speed?

RutRoe
10-02-2010, 07:44 PM
I started in their marketing department and busted my ass until they gave me a shot on air....and i got my job believe it or not, through another marketing company that was staffing a field position for them via Craigslist.

So, I in turn LOVE Craigslist. There's lots more gory details but that's the cliff notes version :) Thanks!

Echonova
10-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Still waiting on my RUTSPEED sticker...

RutRoe
10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
HAha..I promise I"ll make some more and then bring them to a meet after Thanksgiving once I'm home. My wagon should be done by then...

Oh ! And btw, those 13's turned out to be made by Carol Shelby Supercars...early 80's. They're purple now and I'm trying to get around to cleaning the other 2 lips up :) I still haven't test fitted them, so sweet lord I hope they're actually 4x100

Echonova
10-05-2010, 01:43 AM
HAha..I promise I"ll make some more and then bring them to a meet after Thanksgiving once I'm home. My wagon should be done by then...

Oh ! And btw, those 13's turned out to be made by Carol Shelby Supercars...early 80's. They're purple now and I'm trying to get around to cleaning the other 2 lips up :) I still haven't test fitted them, so sweet lord I hope they're actually 4x100Yeah, shortly after we traded I saw a chromed set on e-Bay. They sold for... A lot.

But yes, they are indeed 4x100. :P

DSGMach1
10-08-2010, 01:21 PM
How awesome would that be !!!!

I mean... we shot one of the pieces in Griffin. That's got to be worth something :)

Wait, did I read that right....Griffin, GA???

*Waits for details

Echonova
10-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Wait, did I read that right....Griffin, GA???

*Waits for detailsThey filmed an Viper vs Cobra episode in Griffin, Rut and Tanner were in a Viper trying to escape from a Huey Cobra helicopter. But this is all speculation on my part and I have no facts... :ninja:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/d40e091d.jpg

RutRoe
10-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Roger, Roger.

I can neither confirm or deny that the above mention events took place in Griffin, GA. I can say for one piece on Top Gear I stayed at my own house, which may or may not be 20 minutes away from Griffin. And I love Plaid.