PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods godspeed cast topmount?

jcs
09-27-2010, 10:14 PM
it looks to be the same casting as the spa topmount and was curious if anyone had any experience with this manifold,i was thinking abt purchasing it and wanted a little bit of review....i googled and went through search engines and couldnt find chit..............

thanks,josh:goodjob:

cm7k24
09-28-2010, 09:12 AM
i had the spa top mount before i parted out my car, the only thing is spacing for the drain line, dump tube and hot side piping haha. all depending on the turbo you chose,
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?296773-My-d16y8-H1C-Turbo-Build

heres the thread of mine that i sold to a friend.
down pipe must be custom made also

jcs
09-28-2010, 11:07 AM
can you tell me the problems you had with the drain line,like what kinda spacing issues you ran into?

H1Cblacknight
09-28-2010, 11:25 PM
There isnt really any problem so to speak. You just have little room for ajustment. I had to be precise on how the setup was going to be. If you run the spa top mount in an
ek civic depending on the size of the turbo you will have to notch the core support. you;ve seen my thread. IF you run the spa lmk and ill tell you excatly what you need to get.

pretty sure the spa clears in the eg. dunno why but thats what I saw during research on the manifold

jcs
09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
ok well im gonna run if you could lmk what you used,and its gonna be on a ls in a eg....thanks for all your help bro

cm7k24
10-02-2010, 11:16 AM
can you tell me the problems you had with the drain line,like what kinda spacing issues you ran into?

The issues you run into with spacing is all to what turbo you get really. smaller ones you should be alright.
bigger ones, you have to notch the support as he said, on the drain line we put a 45 degree angle so it would move away from the manifold.
other than that, its a badass manifold, can never go wrong with cast iron.

H1Cblacknight
10-02-2010, 06:35 PM
ok well im gonna run if you could lmk what you used,and its gonna be on a ls in a eg....thanks for all your help bro

text me and Ill send you some pics of how the setup is and then I can tell you the list of parts but def want you to have
a good picture of what has to be done . 678-389-1387