PDA

View Full Version : People who attend Sonic meets in law

Got Milk?
09-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Stop bringing guns and flashing them like it's nothing.

I understand this one guy, he has his secured and strapped with safety on, but some of you just flash the damn thing like it's nothing.

just my 2 cents.

:screwy: people

98blackcivic
09-23-2010, 09:57 PM
i was there...they had lasers....the green ones...u kno the deadly type...?

Got Milk?
09-23-2010, 10:01 PM

I guess you didnt see that black guy with his gun hanging out? And that other white guy with one also? I guess you're too busy watching the burnouts.

98blackcivic
09-23-2010, 10:05 PM
no actually i was too busy looking @ other peoples setups and talking about cars....

but the funniest shit was that group who were callin ppl out

"nice civic!"
"nice escalade!"

Glade
09-23-2010, 10:15 PM
no actually i was too busy looking @ other peoples setups and talking about cars....

but the funniest shit was that group who were callin ppl out

"nice civic!"
"nice escalade!"

lolol that was me

Got Milk?
09-23-2010, 10:26 PM
The meet in general is getting out of control. I bet the cops are just waiting to burst in and give everyone a ticket and shutdown the meet.

oneSLOWex
09-23-2010, 10:26 PM
the probably had carry permits if they were running around in a parking lot with them...nothing wrong with that unless they were pointing them at people or some shit

ISAtlanta300
09-24-2010, 12:44 PM
the probably had carry permits if they were running around in a parking lot with them...nothing wrong with that unless they were pointing them at people or some shit

Even with permits, it's irresponsible. Those are the kind of people who give the good ones a bad name. They go out and act a fool. I could be strapped and you wouldn't even know it. I like to keep it that way.

They just want to brag that "i be carrying, fool !!'.

oneSLOWex
09-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Even with permits, it's irresponsible. Those are the kind of people who give the good ones a bad name. They go out and act a fool. I could be strapped and you wouldn't even know it. I like to keep it that way.

Are they waving the guns around out of the holster or something?

On_Her_Face
09-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Man, I want to really come back to these meets.

David88vert
09-24-2010, 03:13 PM

Unless you have a concealed carry permit, you are only legally allowed to carry in full view. If they have a normal carry permit, it does not allow them to conceal it.
If they keep it in the holster, there should be no issue.
If they are waving it around, then you should call the police over there, and let them handle it.

If you are carrying and do not have a concealed carry permit, it is you that is breaking the law and giving the ones that openly carry a bad name. Of course, if you have a concealed carry permit, then you probably wouldn't have made your earlier post.

Elbow
09-24-2010, 04:10 PM
I thought even with a permit it was illegal to carry at an event.

-EnVus-
09-24-2010, 04:40 PM

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127 Carrying deadly weapons to or at public gatherings; affirmative defenses (a) Except as provided in Code Section 16-11-127.1, a person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he or she carries to or while at a public gathering any explosive compound, firearm, or knife designed for the purpose of offense and defense. (b) For the purpose of this Code section, "public gathering" shall include, but shall not be limited to, athletic or sporting events, churches or church functions, political rallies or functions, publicly owned or operated buildings, or establishments at which alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises. Nothing in this Code section shall otherwise prohibit the carrying of a firearm in any other public place by a person licensed or permitted to carry such firearm by this part. (c) This Code section shall not apply to competitors participating in organized sport shooting events. Law enforcement officers, peace officers retired from state or federal law enforcement agencies, judges, magistrates, solicitors-general, and district attorneys may carry pistols in publicly owned or operated buildings. (d) It is an affirmative defense to a violation of this Code section if a person notifies a law enforcement officer or other person employed to provide security for a public gathering of the presence of such item as soon as possible after learning of its presence and surrenders or secures such item as directed by the law enforcement officer or other person employed to provide security for a public gathering.

David88vert
09-24-2010, 07:13 PM
About the GA "Public Gathering" law and gun control:
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-atlanta/public-gathering-law-is-confusing-to-law-enforcement-and-restaurant-owners-alike

It was passed in 1870, and was racially motivated.
http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/racist-roots-of-ga-gun-laws.pdf

Got Milk?
09-24-2010, 08:03 PM
I could care less, I'm not going to sonic meet anymore. It is just out of control, and cops won't even do shit. For example, there is area in the parking lot where burnouts are done through out the whole night. Even cops see it and don't do shit about it. They pulled one guy over last night in the parking lot, didn't do anything to him. The guy just came did U turn and did burn out again. And the parking lot is full of black lines, cops suck up there, I think they have too much donuts.

98blackcivic
09-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I could care less, I'm not going to sonic meet anymore. It is just out of control, and cops won't even do shit. For example, there is area in the parking lot where burnouts are done through out the whole night. Even cops see it and don't do shit about it. They pulled one guy over last night in the parking lot, didn't do anything to him. The guy just came did U turn and did burn out again. And the parking lot is full of black lines, cops suck up there, I think they have too much donuts.

what?? cops dont care if they do burnouts???? im def going back next week to see some moar!

wish some honda boys would do some

Frög
09-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Man these meets sound fun... not..

Catnip
09-25-2010, 01:05 PM
wish some honda boys would do some

...why?

quickdodge®
09-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Are they waving the guns around out of the holster or something?

It doesn't matter if they are or aren't. Just walking around letting it be seen is just an attention getter. I'm not saying this is what happened, but from what I've seen other people do. A dude may have a permit and because he knows he is legally carrying, he wants to show it off.

Not this kind of event, simon. That refers to more of a sanctioned event. Carnivals, parades, stadium events and the like. Later, QD.

oneSLOWex
09-25-2010, 06:35 PM

Do you just have an issue with guns or something?

Also, what exactly were people doing with their guns? Waving them around out of the holster? or just carrying them?

Glade
09-25-2010, 06:57 PM
they were waving them around

David88vert
09-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Now that is probably illegal, and in that case, you should call the cops if they have them out of the car, and out of the holster. Let the cops figure out if they are breaking the law. I'm guessing that the cops will need to catch them in the act, but that shouldn't be too hard if they are brandishing them.

Glade
09-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Now that is probably illegal, and in that case, you should call the cops if they have them out of the car, and out of the holster. Let the cops figure out if they are breaking the law. I'm guessing that the cops will need to catch them in the act, but that shouldn't be too hard if they are brandishing them.

I wasn't there when they were doing it, lol. Just saying that they were waving them since the OP said it and a few others did. Sounds stupid as hell.. I do enjoy seeing the burnouts and idiots doing stupid shit. I park all the way away from them, so they don't hit my car.

AnthonyF
09-25-2010, 10:06 PM

It's not the color that makes it lethal.

This is why I don't go to Sonic. Too many weirdos that think they are hot shit with a hot temper. Anyone who goes there with these tools are frigin retarded.

-Ant.

-EnVus-
09-25-2010, 11:37 PM

Its those type of fools that get busted then ask stupid questions like "What did i do wrong officer ?"
Im no snitch but id have to call the cops then park and watch the fun as all of them get frisked and have no permits to show lol

Hatmanafro
09-25-2010, 11:48 PM
how about the guy with the silver gto that is always strappped.. hes the only one ive seen with a gun..

and i was really surprised that the cops didnt care.

98silvermaro
09-26-2010, 03:21 AM
he has a carrying permit and is not waving it around like an idiot

oneSLOWex
09-26-2010, 09:44 AM
how about the guy with the silver gto that is always strappped.. hes the only one ive seen with a gun..

why is carrying a bad thing?

quickdodge®
09-26-2010, 09:45 AM
why is carrying a bad thing?

Who said it was? Later, QD

oneSLOWex
09-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Who said it was? Later, QD

The people complaining about them carrying at a meet. If they are waving them around out of the holster someone needs to contact the police. If they just have them in their holster on their person there shouldn't be a problem. Its not like the gun is gonna jump out and shoot you.

David88vert
09-26-2010, 12:07 PM

He has a regular carry permit, but not a concealed permit, so it has to be visible, and it stays in its holster. He told me last night that he was up there last Thurs night, and there was a guy up there on Thurs night waving a gun around.

Julio
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
He has a regular carry permit, but not a concealed permit, so it has to be visible, and it stays in its holster. .

Talk about owning a Gun and having a permit and having no Idea how it works.

GA has a " GFL " GA FIREARM LICENSE " if you have one, you can it can carry concealed or Open carry... however the GFL holder feels like.

Bacon
09-26-2010, 11:35 PM

How is it irresponsible to carry? Unless you have a guilty conscious and carry it with bad intentions, there is nothing irresponsible about carrying a gun.

Unless you have a concealed carry permit, you are only legally allowed to carry in full view. If they have a normal carry permit, it does not allow them to conceal it.
If they keep it in the holster, there should be no issue.
If they are waving it around, then you should call the police over there, and let them handle it.

If you are carrying and do not have a concealed carry permit, it is you that is breaking the law and giving the ones that openly carry a bad name. Of course, if you have a concealed carry permit, then you probably wouldn't have made your earlier post.

Last I checked, Ga doesn't have a special concealed weapons permit. One licence allows you to carry it how you please so long as it is in a holster.

Depends on the situation. Public gatherings allow you to carry but you must inform the proper personnel of the presence of the firearm.

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127 Carrying deadly weapons to or at public gatherings; affirmative defenses (a) Except as provided in Code Section 16-11-127.1, a person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he or she carries to or while at a public gathering any explosive compound, firearm, or knife designed for the purpose of offense and defense. (b) For the purpose of this Code section, "public gathering" shall include, but shall not be limited to, athletic or sporting events, churches or church functions, political rallies or functions, publicly owned or operated buildings, or establishments at which alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises. Nothing in this Code section shall otherwise prohibit the carrying of a firearm in any other public place by a person licensed or permitted to carry such firearm by this part. (c) This Code section shall not apply to competitors participating in organized sport shooting events. Law enforcement officers, peace officers retired from state or federal law enforcement agencies, judges, magistrates, solicitors-general, and district attorneys may carry pistols in publicly owned or operated buildings. (d) It is an affirmative defense to a violation of this Code section if a person notifies a law enforcement officer or other person employed to provide security for a public gathering of the presence of such item as soon as possible after learning of its presence and surrenders or secures such item as directed by the law enforcement officer or other person employed to provide security for a public gathering.

This is completely null and void and does not pertain to this situation since the Sonic meets happen on privately owned property.

This is where it gets illegal.

David88vert
09-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Talk about owning a Gun and having a permit and having no Idea how it works.

GA has a " GFL " GA FIREARM LICENSE " if you have one, you can it can carry concealed or Open carry... however the GFL holder feels like.

I haven't checked up on the changes in the law in years, as I don't carry to Sonic meets or anywhere else. :-)

I stand corrected, as the laws have changed over the years. I did just look it up though.

As for Public Gatherings: The Public Gathering Law was repealed when SB308 was signed into law on June 4, 2010. The Public Gathering was law in Georgia for 140 years and was one of the last Jim Crow laws to be repealed in Georgia.
http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

The Georgia Firearms license expires on the date on your license, and currently works as Georgia Weapons License.
And the Georgia Weapons License now states that you can carry concealed and not in a holster.

-EnVus-
09-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I have my CCW permit and i will carry anywhere besides places where Alcohol is sold,Malls,Restaurants,Meets

Bacon
09-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I have my CCW permit and i will carry anywhere besides places where Alcohol is sold,Malls,Restaurants,Meets

I have mine and carry it everywhere I go including bars and public places. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Of course, it stays out of view from the public.

ISAtlanta300
09-27-2010, 01:24 PM
How is it irresponsible to carry? Unless you have a guilty conscious and carry it with bad intentions, there is nothing irresponsible about carrying a gun.

Dude, I didn't mean it was irresponsible to carry. I implied it was irresponsible if they were running around (presumed out of the holster/ out in hand) in the parking lot with it.

You should re-read what I replied to.

Bacon
09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Dude, I didn't mean it was irresponsible to carry. I implied it was irresponsible if they were running around (presumed out of the holster/ out in hand) in the parking lot with it.

You should re-read what I replied to.

I stand corrected. Twas last night and tired here at work.

C.Smock
09-27-2010, 02:45 PM
I have my CCW also and carry everywhere as hidden as possible, the guys last thursday were riding thew the parking lot waving there shit around out the window and resting there pistols on there shoulders in the car, dumb shit. Its was the guys in the little donk crew that i saw all the impalas and whatnot.

-EnVus-
09-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Its was the guys in the little donk crew that i saw all the impalas and whatnot.
That explains it all....

C.Smock
09-27-2010, 03:14 PM
yes sirr ignorance +reps

oneSLOWex
09-27-2010, 07:49 PM
I have my CCW also and carry everywhere as hidden as possible, the guys last thursday were riding thew the parking lot waving there shit around out the window and resting there pistols on there shoulders in the car, dumb shit. Its was the guys in the little donk crew that i saw all the impalas and whatnot.

i bet not a single one of them has a permit either...probably not even supposed to own a gun in the first place

ISAtlanta300
09-28-2010, 12:56 PM
LOL were they shooting a rap video or something? damn...

ksniperfox
09-29-2010, 07:40 AM
The meet in general is getting out of control. I bet the cops are just waiting to burst in and give everyone a ticket and shutdown the meet.

i used to go every once in awhile. kinda got old. now, i am occupied with better things to do. but it seems every time i cruise by on my way to taco mac while the meet is being held, i see lots of police cars pulling 'street racers' over. on or near 316.

91LudeSiT
09-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Boy I'm glad I quit going, I thought it was getting out of hand when it got shut down the first time. I just hope it gets shut down soon before someone gets killed.

C.Smock
09-30-2010, 03:24 PM
its getting there... but we dont have any other meets better in the area, its turning into bp..

5speed
09-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I have only hear bad things about those meets. I like the more relaxed crew of people who are there to hang out for their common interest. People who are craving attention and acting childish dont appeal to me. You are the ones to blame if you dont have a hangout spot anymore for meets bc the cops bust you.

Got Milk?
10-02-2010, 02:19 AM
he has a carrying permit and is not waving it around like an idiot

This guy is correct. I know exactly who you guys are talking about. Guy has his strapped and looks safe. But there are some people I saw that just hang the pistol on their belts, stupid if you ask me. I'm done with that meet. I just drive through now say hi to some people and leave.